Beer Club

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
  1. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    I forgot about this. I'm going to go to the Great Taste of the Midwest again inMadison, WI (along with a bunch of friends). 150+ brewers, 500+ beers. Who else is in?

I don't have tickets, so I'll have to score one when I get there.
  2. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    Abita Pecan Harvest. drinkable, but that's about it. My expectations were probably too high (Ima pecan-head).
  3. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    1554 Enlightened Black Ale from New Belgium Brew. Co., 5.6% abv. It is called "Dark Belgian" style, but I think it more of a blend of a stout and trappist. Nutty, earthy, chocolatey. Pretty decent. Way more interesting than their crap "Fat Tire" offering.
  4. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    Chad, let me know if you see anything here that you can't get in ATL and I'll brung you some.

http://www.specsonline.com/

On the left you'll see "Browse the Store". Click it and "Beer" will be the first selection in the queue.
  5. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit. I think this is brand new. It was okay. Tastes alot like Blue Moon with an orange slice. You can detect the citrus in the nose, but it is not very present in the taste.
  6. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    I could go for some more Oktoberfest.
  7. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    Unibroue Terrible, Belgian Strong Dark Ale, 10.5%. Not terrible. Actually, pretty decent.
  8. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    Moylan's Hopsickle, Imperial IPA, 9.2% abv. Whoa. This was REALLY hoppy even for a hophead. Took me about an hour to drink 12 ounces.
  9. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    Victory Wild Devil Ale, 6.7% abv, IPA with Brettomyces yeast. I had previously sworn of Brett beers after trying an Avery 15 year anniversary beer. When I saw this one from Victory, I decided I would give it a go. This one was much more drinkable for me. Pine and citrus hops with a little bit of Brett funkiness. Not terrible, but not something I plan to have again soon.

Abbay De Saint Bon-Chien Grand Cru. This is a Swiss "ale" which is aged in oak wine barrels. It has absolutely no head and essentially no carbonation. A little tart, but is a real treat. It is also pretty rare - only 1000 bottles were made for the US market.
  10. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    Yo Guiss, have you tried any Blowing Rock beers. Made in Boone, NC. If not, I'll bring a few back from NC and bring them to ATL. Nothing spectacular, but just some new tastes to add to the reportoire.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast