Beer Club

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Guisslapp
    Guisslapp
    So I brought a lot of beer to the game to give to you guys, but I never saw any of you. I will have to try again next time. Might be awhile before I can make it back. Drinking a Victory Hopdevil tonight. It is really good.
  2. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    I did the same. I was up at the BB&B tent. The whole game. I was waiting for Gonzo to show up so I could give hime the DFH that I brought him from Wisconsin. I waited all night...I wept.

Gonzo, you had better call next time or I'm going to drink 'em. Last night I accidently pulled one of them out of my beer fridge. Temptation....
  3. GonzoDawg
    GonzoDawg
    I had a Satan Red Ale Friday, very tasty. I think I am definitely an Ale fan. I also had a Shiner Blonde, kind of bland but an ok beer for say crawfish, I had a Shiner Honey Wheat that was really good. It's a really cloudy beer but with a lemon wedge it was very clean tasting. There were a couple others I will review later. I started asking for an empty six pack holder and I am getting six different beers to sample each weekend.
  4. GonzoDawg
    GonzoDawg
    By the way sorry I missed everyone at MSU. I had all the kids with me so it was tough to get around.
  5. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    I'm saving your San whatever it is....but it keeps trying to entice me..
  6. GonzoDawg
    GonzoDawg
    I know the feeling. Thanks for you heroic effort!
  7. dogtrooper
    dogtrooper
    me and a buddy are talking about doing some home brewing. Anybody got any experience or advice? I'm just now starting to do some research. Suggestions for sites or books that have info would be helpful if you know of any.
  8. daybreaker2
    daybreaker2
    Homebrewing for Dummies is a good book. austinhomebrew.com is a great site, with low shipping, and you can select homebrew kits based on beer style, or kits that mimic a specific beer. They also have a lot of brewing materials and pretty good guides.

Anyways, I was breaking my self-imposed ban (which is really just on pawlitics) to say that my local Rouse's has just started carrying all of North Coast's line. North Coast is one of my Top 5 breweries, so I am very excited about this. Ranked in order of awesomest to slightly less awesome than the awesomest:

Old Rasputin - an Imperial Stout. One of my favorite beers, very good.
    Pranqster - a crisp belgian ale.
    Old Stock Ale 2008 - Wow. Tastes good right away, but its meant to be aged. 12.5% ABV
    Le Merle - a delicious hoppy Saison
    Brother Thelloneous - an Abbey Dubble. A heavy beer, but good.

Rouses also has their Old 38 Stout, Blue Star Wheat, Acme IPA, and Acme Pale Ale
    ... theyre above average, but not as good as the ones listed above. Definitely pick up any North Coast you can find.
  9. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    I have to agree with db2 (a rare occasion indeed). When I first saw your post I remembered a place in Austin that is supposed to be one of the best for home brewing, but couldn't remember it. then Ike came...AHB is supposed to be one of the best sites around.

I'm trying to convince several of my buds to do some home brew on a massive scale. The local microbrewery doesn't brew their own beer, but has all the equipment to do it. We're all hopheads. Seems to me a great opportunity to make a monstrous imperial IPA.
  10. DogtorEvil
    DogtorEvil
    I bought some Stone Ruination IPA. $5+ for a 22 oz. bottle. Very strong hop flavor. It's good but I like their regular IPA better.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast