+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggies are having trouble finding opponents for next year

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Aggies are having trouble finding opponents for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If we went undefeated and won the WAC with the current schedule we would be in a BCS Bowl. I'm not saying it is a tough schedule by any means. I'm saying it's a lot easier than you think to get a spot if you go undefeated. It's just the way the system works. There is another thread that discusses this in much more detail, with stats to back up what I am saying, if you want to read it. Even if the voters don't give us enough love the computers will. Trust me. That said, if we can get a first game in Ruston I am all for scheduling A&M and dumping Lamar. BUT IT HAS TO START AT OUR HOUSE. Or they will just play us at their house and then buy out the return trip.
    This was the point I was trying to make. 11-1 doesn't get us into a BCS bowl.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I know most of you don't like playing in Shreveport but this game at this time in our program would go a long way to helping to pick up some of our more inactive alumni & also grabbing the attention of the casual fan. There are many issues with the stadium, traffic...etc. But remember that we need Shreveport more than they need us & there are currently no pro sports there.
    Forget Shreveport. I'm totally against playing A&M because they seem to just have our number. It's almost a GUARANTEED loss. We do more stupid stuff against TX A&M than we do against any team I know.

For example, last time we played in College Station, we had MASSIVE troubles just snapping the ball to the QB. WTF? That never happens to us, but it certainly happened against A&M. Six or seven times. Go figure.

Want another example? During our last meeting with A&M, we gave up the "Hail Mary" TD pass on the last play before halftime. It was dumb, dumb, dumb. We had about 6 guys around the football, but nobody bothered to bat it down. That stupid play put the game out of reach. What a great way to go to the locker room at half time.

Nope, I've had enough of playing TX A&M. Until we can learn to wear our big boy panties like big boys, I ain't interested in playing A&M.

HD

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Assuming LA Tech pushed for a home-and-home with Texas A&M (2012 home game in Ruston, later road game in College Station):

Nov. 17th wouldn't work for A&M. If A&M played in Ruston then, it would be the 4th road game in a row after games at Auburn, Miss. State, and Alabama.

Sept. 22nd wouldn't work for Tech due to our money game at Illinois. Tech's not moving that game.

Oct. 13th could work for both teams depending on LA Tech's WAC schedule and the ability to move either Rice or UNLV to a later year. Tech would have to move the Rice game at Ruston to 2015 (although that could be a conference game anyway by then, knock on wood) or move the UNLV home game to 2015 to make that series a back-to-back 1 & 1 series.

I just firmly believe that we should be looking at every possibility. BVD really dropped the ball on this 2012 POS schedule. I've said it before & I'll say it again, if we want to bust the BCS and are still in the sorry WAC we are going to have to schedule SEC & Big 12 OOC games. And not just against the lower tier teams. The good news for us is that this is doable. There is no reason that after 3 years of Sonny D recruiting classes that we cannot compete in one or two top-tier SEC or Big 12 games, play a middle to bottom for a couple & smoke the WAC or CUSA. It can happen.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

You don't think our wonderful Commish would help us out on this one?
    Benson has no say on this one....

The Lamar game would have to be dropped....if A&M had September 1 open it would be different. Don't want a September 8 opener at Houston with no warmup game.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    This was the point I was trying to make. 11-1 doesn't get us into a BCS bowl.
    12-0 with this our current 2012 schedule doesn't even get us mention on ESPN, Shreveport Times, Monroe NS or anywhere else for that matter.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

12-0 with this our current 2012 schedule doesn't even get us mention on ESPN, Shreveport Times, Monroe NS or anywhere else for that matter.
    I disagree with this. 12-0 gets you plenty of mention anywhere and everywhere.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Benson has no say on thios one....

The Lamar game would have to be dropped....if A&M had September 1 open it would be different. Don't want a September 8 opener at Houston with no warmup game.
    Why does everybody believe that you must have an FCS opener? That's fine when you play week-in & week-out in the SEC. Not so fine if you play in the WAC. Do you want SEC & Big 12 level recruits? Those conferences can only give so many scholarships. There are always players left over that we will have to compete against Houston, SMU, USM...for. These guys want to play important games, be on tv & recognized in the media, play against the best talent possible & most importantly, play for a coaching staff that gives them the opportunity to get to the next level. Playing Lamar, Sam Houston & NMSU does not help us to land these kind of players. If they merely wanted to win a conference championship or national championship they could all enroll at McNeese.

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

????? I can't think of anything nice to say. Are you serious? If we open up and beat Houston, Ill, Virginia, we will be in or near the top 25. Then if we win out we will end the year somewhere in the 13-19 range. We may not make it into the top 16/ ahead of a big conference champ but NO MENTION???, just silly.... that said, I would love to have A&M or Oklahoma come to Ruston (not Shreveport).

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Ball State a few years ago was going to be a BCS buster with a MAC schedule... but then they lost their last game. Coaches are stupid, you go 12-0 they'll vote for you.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Bring to Ruston the first year and beat them. The second year they buy us out?
    Exactly!

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

It's not who you play the first game, it's where you end up at the end of the year. In the rankings, in a bowl (maybe a big one), and conference champs. See Boise's schedules the last decade to see why you are wrong. They have proven it works, they did it mainly with one game VS a BCS opponent.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Why does everybody believe that you must have an FCS opener?
    We don't...but it is suicide to open on the road in week 2 against a team that played in week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I disagree with this. 12-0 gets you plenty of mention anywhere and everywhere.

HD
    I agree with most of your post but not this one. To be the best you have to play & beat the best. Don't get me wrong, you cannot recruit a total SEC schedule when you are playing in the WAC. The depth & talent level week-in & week out will eat you alive. But playing a crappy conf schedule, 2 FCS teams & Illinois? Come on now. And you are also looking at this from a fans standpoint. If you were that 17 or 18 year old kid that starred at your HS, didn't get the scholly to UT or Bama, what schedule would you rather play? Furthermore, we keep saying that we need to build our support base for atheletics. How many casual fans are going to load up the car & drive an hour or more to watch Tech play Lamar?

I agree with most of your post but not this one. To be the best you have to play & beat the best. Don't get me wrong, you cannot recruit a total SEC schedule when you are playing in the WAC. The depth & talent level week-in & week out will eat you alive. But playing a crappy conf schedule, 2 FCS teams & Illinois? Come on now. And you are also looking at this from a fans standpoint. If you were that 17 or 18 year old kid that starred at your HS, didn't get the scholly to UT or Bama, what schedule would you rather play? Furthermore, we keep saying that we need to build our support base for atheletics. How many casual fans are going to load up the car & drive an hour or more to watch Tech play Lamar?
    What we need to do is put together back to back winning seasons and back to back bowls for the first time in my lifetime.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Dawgs1, nothing you have said here has any basis in fact or reality. History tells a completely different story. There is no evidence to back up any of your empty claims.

+ Reply to Thread