Thread: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Threaded View

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Car Guys, what you workin on?

Since last spring, my son and I have been working on this 77 Ford F150 4x4. A good friend of mine gave the truck to William and we plan on him driving it when he gets his license in June 2013. I think I will have it road worthy sometime this summer.

Story on the truck: My buddy Dave bought it new in 1977 put 12k miles on it and blew the engine, rebuilt it, used it mainly to drive back and forth from WM to his camp in Tensas. Improved access to the camp meant he no longer needed a 4x4 so the truck basically sat for several years until he gave it to William. I get the truck planning to just reseal everything and run it but after I got it running found it had a knock so we completely rebuilt the engine again. I wish this ole truck could talk; Dave was single until his mid 40's and I think there were many "hold my beer" or "hang on" moments

Details of the build (so far)are: The 351M has been bored 60 over, the 351 crank replaced with a 400, Lunati camshaft, Edelbrock intake and Edelbrock aluminum Cleveland heads. This engine was built for a truck not a race car it should make around 300 hp and 400-450 lb/ft torque. Keeping everything else as it came from the factory; 4 speed trans, 4.10 rear gear. I did buy a new BDS 4" suspension lift for it since one of the front coil springs was broken.

This pic was the day we picked up the truck.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by rabiddawg; 01-22-2012 at 02:30 PM.