+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    1979 Spitfire still runs. The 32-krewe saw it a couple spring games ago. Taking space in the garage. Wish I had more time to tinker. At the tipping point of to sell or not to sell.
    This one?

moto_0040.JPG

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This one?
    I posted in this thread cuz I had misplaced this photo and I knew you'd re-post.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I posted in this thread cuz I had misplaced this photo and I knew you'd re-post.
    Wish I had been using the wide angle lense on my "flip phone" that day.

Puppy olliel is an unknown

ooks like you have somework to d to get thatt dne by sumer, i used to refurbish an old truck when my uncle gave me his old one since i was already legal to drive but had no car to drive. i was grateful enough to give the truck some repairs and all ahtough it really took a while than the time i expected to drive it but it was worth the shot, now though i have my own car and i can just imagine the effort that i spent on that truck.LOL its worth it thoug! so goodluck! hope you get it going in no time!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it was a lot of work but the truck has been road worthy since august. Still have some small details inside the cab and still must eliminate a hesitation due to the carb's shooter not being large enough.

I havnt been able to post for several months (something with bbb) will get some pics up soonif this post goes thru.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well i'll b. It worked, im back!

Cell phone pic from the first week of august. Since this pic was taken I have bought and installed the grille inserts. I need to buy yet another larger squirter for the carb to hopefully eliminate a stumble on acceleration. I drove it down the road and as luck would have it one of the old dry rotten tires cracked. Been too busy to completely finish the headliner and need speakers for the doors before I install the door panels. Probably gonna do some salvage yard shopping for some new seats, one day. Seems it never ends.

Got the speakers in the doors so i installed the door panels to finish that up. Put new 35" tires on last friday.

Today I drove it from my shop in abbeville to my house in lafayette. I couldnt believe the looks this old truck got;unfortunately they were all dudes

I was driving in this morning on I-20 when a truck hauling an old car passed me. I didn't pay much attention until it got around me and I could see under the vehicle being towed. It had what looked like propellers underneath. I thought I was seeing things so I got closer. Sure enough they were propellers and I could tell the old car had a sealed cover underneath of some kind and was definitely an amphibious vehicle. I think this is what it was...

amphicar.jpg

Whoever restores it will have a ton of work to do, but the one I saw on the Internet (a Discovery show) said the value was around $70K.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I don't have any idea why anybody would do this to themselves. Old cars are hard enough to keep-up and running. Old boats/boat motors/marine electronics are impossible. Combine the two and I see a maintenance nightmare making your two times a year joyride a Royal PITA!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Funny you sat that, since the truck has quit on us twice. First it was a faulty voltage regulator then something came loose in the mechanicall timing advanced and it chewed itself up. I put a new distributor in it and we should b good for a long time in the ignition dept.

During a restoration the "while i'm here" usually gets the best of you and u end up replacing or rebuilding stuff that may not have been part of the original budget.

I've got a 81 vette that i dont hesitate to drive up to ruston for the spring game. If i hsd a top for it and ac i would drive it everyday it didnt rain. This old truck will b my sons daily driver for hs (bout 10 miles round trip). Cant afford the petro for him to drive it much more than that.

Its fuel costs not maintenance that gets me.

Btw, i know where a 67 mg midget is if anyone is into those little cars.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

My next project started today. Its another 77 f150, but this one is for me and it belonged to my dad who bought it new in 77. I will post some pics soon.

+ Reply to Thread