+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Almost finished. Still need to redo the front seats that were not done right, new windows, little more engine work, and a repaint, but the interior and the nuts and bolts running work is done.

So far had to rewire the entire dash, new 4B carb, fuel pump, plugs and wires, new horn, new carpet, took the seat belts out, new wiring in the engine, replace door inserts, timing was way out of wack, brakes redone, few other things... but this time I bought one that at least had a straight and numbers matching body.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Almost finished. Still need to redo the front seats that were not done right, new windows, little more engine work, and a repaint, but the interior and the nuts and bolts running work is done.

So far had to rewire the entire dash, new 4B carb, fuel pump, plugs and wires, new horn, new carpet, took the seat belts out, new wiring in the engine, replace door inserts, timing was way out of wack, brakes redone, few other things... but this time I bought one that at least had a straight and numbers matching body.
    Have mercy ... you've been messing with that machine for half your life!

I'm currently working on a 06 Toyota minivan. If I could just get 7 years of kool-aid stains and goldfish crumbs out of the upholstery ....

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

No I sold the one I had in college about 10 years ago. Just bought this one in November.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some pics of my Dad's (now mine) 77 Ford F150. He bought this truck new and it is the truck in which I learned how to drive. Over the next year of so ($ permiting) I will be restoring it for myself.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here is where it sits now. I blasted the frame and painted it with epoxy primer and a single stage paint made for the heavy truck market.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any pics of the cab right now, but it has been blasted and painted with epoxy primer also.

I intend to put a 4" lift on the truck so I won't be reusing the old suspension. I was going to have the differentials rebuilt but an off road shop down here wants $895 to do the rear so I guess I will teach my self how to set up the wear pattern on a dana differential. That, or just leave the "chunk" as is and replace the wheel bearing that is bad on one axle.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Trying to locate and fix the circuit that is draining the battery in my RX8 when the car is off...

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Trying to locate and fix the circuit that is draining the battery in my RX8 when the car is off...
    This may help if you're hitting a snag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIKNnwEjIs

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    This may help if you're hitting a snag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIKNnwEjIs
    Man. I loved that. It brought back memories of my old service advisor days and trying to explain to auto owners some of the processes our techs went through in diagnosing electrical problems and why the repair could be so costly-because most of it was in the diagnosis. I initially started to watch it to see how capable at explaining the procedure the tech was and found myself watching the entire video. He's very good, at least in this video. The next time I have to do any type of auto work I'm able to do myself but not sure how the best way to do it, I'm going to look to see if this guy has a video on how to do it. He's been the best I've seen at explaining and demonstrating what to do than any other maintenance or repair tech video I've seen.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Man. I loved that. It brought back memories of my old service advisor days and trying to explain to auto owners some of the processes our techs went through in diagnosing electrical problems and why the repair could be so costly-because most of it was in the diagnosis. I initially started to watch it to see how capable at explaining the procedure the tech was and found myself watching the entire video. He's very good, at least in this video. The next time I have to do any type of auto work I'm able to do myself but not sure how the best way to do it, I'm going to look to see if this guy has a video on how to do it. He's been the best I've seen at explaining and demonstrating what to do than any other maintenance or repair tech video I've seen.

I figured after two 6 packs for breakfast, Guise was gonna need someone who could spell it out ... just kidding. The guy's pretty good:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...8&fr=yfp-t-900

Update on my 77. The frame is painted, lift kit installed. Cab is sitting on the frame. Now i need $$ for the engine. I want to build a 557 which is a stroked 460.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Can't you just put an ammeter across the fuse holders with the ignition off to at least to at least locate the circuit. This is as much a question as a suggestion. I had the same problem with my 2001 Sebring Convertible. My mechanic located the drain so I don't know if he used this method or not. Turned out it was the radio. So for now I have just unhooked the radio until I can get it repaired or replaced. I'm not big on music or "talk" while driving anyway, even on long road trips.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Need to look at my coil packs and spark plugs this weekend. Hoping they are causing the problems with my long warm restarts and higher rpm sluggishness and it isn't a problem with low compression.

Bought an '89 ford f350 this week. Going to use the engine tranny and transfer case in my 77.

Haven't really touched it in a long time but with all this junk scattered around the shop ive gotta get busy so i will have room to work on customer's cars.

I was gonna stroke the 460 but now i think 460 is enough. Just going to overhaul it and go.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I'm currently working on a build of my first vehicle, a 2002 Ranger. I bought a 98 Explorer at work a few months ago, and it's serving as the donor vehicle for the project. Going to use its 5.0L V8 with GT40P heads, the 4R70W trans, 8.8 rear end with disc brakes, power bucket seats (currently being recovered in leather now), and some other parts from the interior.

The engine has been overhauled into a 347 Stroker, and the trans and rear end have been rebuilt/built up. Going with 4.56s in the rear. Once the truck is up and running, it'll get a lift kit, coilover conversion in the front, and 35s. It currently has a body lift, 33s, and a torsion bar front suspension.

If any of you want to follow my official build thread, you can view it here (lots of pics and much more detail)
    Build Thread Link - Ranger-Forums.com

That's a cool project Dowty. Keep us posted.

+ Reply to Thread