+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Re: Car Guys, what you workin on?

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    That's a cool project Dowty. Keep us posted.
    Will do. I picked up the seats today. I'm doing an overhaul of the interior as well, which includes painting all of the gray plastic trim black, a suede headliner and visors, and a custom gauge cluster that I built to fit in the original bezel. The motor, trans, and rear end are done as far as the rebuilding is concerned. Hopefully the swapping over will begin this week.

Here's a few progress pics. There are a bunch more in the link above.

The day I picked the 347 up from the shop. Had it built by Raymond Kitler at AMS in Bossier. He says it should push right around 400HP. With the tuner, I should get a little more.

About 100sqft of sound deadener has since been added, but this how it looked when I tore it all down. And of course I have a Tech football hanging from the rear view mirror!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

My son was showing out last summer and blew up his differential so we swapped his for the one under my truck. Now im finding out it will take about a grand to rebuild it. I have the diff under the f350 donor truck that can be made to fit.

Oh well, more time than money, but the motivation bank is empty.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Cranked the 347 for the first time last night!! This video is from the first turn of the key:

Having some fun revving it up a little bit after it warmed up:

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, i know you are excited!

I dropped my block at the machine shop last week. I need to order the rebuild kit but i am lacking motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Cool, i know you are excited!

I dropped my block at the machine shop last week. I need to order the rebuild kit but i am lacking motivation.
    Very excited! Still have a few things left to do before it's road-ready, but the biggest hurdle has definitely been cleared!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I'm working on a 1975 Pontiac Gran Prix. It has an automatic with 400 engine.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

If any of you live near Shreveport and want to see a cool car show....The Mopar Magic auto Club is having their annual Louisiana Nationals Car Show on March 28, 2015 from 8:00AM to 3:00PM at First Baptist Church of Shreveport 543 Ockley Drive, Shreveport, LA 71106 There will be muscle cars and other cool cars and trucks there. Free admission for lookers.

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    If any of you live near Shreveport and want to see a cool car show....The Mopar Magic auto Club is having their annual Louisiana Nationals Car Show on March 28, 2015 from 8:00AM to 3:00PM at First Baptist Church of Shreveport 543 Ockley Drive, Shreveport, LA 71106 There will be muscle cars and other cool cars and trucks there. Free admission for lookers.
    I may have to check that out. Thanks!

It will be worth the drive from Haughton. I will be there, wearing my TECH hat and a red TECH T-shirt.

It will be worth the drive from Haughton. I will be there, wearing my TECH hat and a red TECH T-shirt.
    Are you going to be there with the Grand Prix? I'm sure I'll have my TECH stuff on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Are you going to be there with the Grand Prix? I'm sure I'll have my TECH stuff on too.
    Yep, I'll have it there. Won't be IN car show because it isn't a Mopar. But, will have it in the parking lot. Long story as to how I got that car...will tell you when I see you.

Yep, I'll have it there. Won't be IN car show because it isn't a Mopar. But, will have it in the parking lot. Long story as to how I got that car...will tell you when I see you.
    Sorry I didn't make it out Saturday. I got the truck back home on Thursday, so I've been spending all of my free time working on getting everything back together. I got kinda caught up in it Saturday, then had a wedding to go to that evening. If there are any other car guys around SBC/Natty, we'll all have to meet up sometime.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If there are any other car guys around SBC/Natty, we'll all have to meet up sometime.
    Brainstorm ...

A show/parade/exhibition of classic cars/street-rods restored by Tech alums/fans as part of a football gameday festivities.

Just a brainstorm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Brainstorm ...

A show/parade/exhibition of classic cars/street-rods restored by Tech alums/fans as part of a football gameday festivities.

Just a brainstorm ...
    Who will organize it....

Sorry I didn't make it out Saturday. I got the truck back home on Thursday, so I've been spending all of my free time working on getting everything back together. I got kinda caught up in it Saturday, then had a wedding to go to that evening. If there are any other car guys around SBC/Natty, we'll all have to meet up sometime.
    They had 130 mopars at the show. You missed a good one.

+ Reply to Thread