+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy to join Big East football in 2015

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Re: Navy to join Big East football in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ConferenceUSA View Post
    That makes zero sense. CUSA does NOT want to "unload" UTEP. They are far stronger than any of the SUN BELT expansion candidates.
    Even though this guy is a flamer, I tend to agree with his statement in part.

I don't see why you'd unload UTEP to add North Texas, FIU, FAU, MTSU, or anyone else from the Belt. Bash the school as we may, they are bona fide legitimate long term FBS program with real facilites (Sun Bowl), real history (MMB championship), and a real penetrated market (El Paso).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Because UTEP brings the Jaurez market?
    Yes. Relying on the ole "market" crutch is CUSA's way of avoiding having to admit that UTEP's program (and some of the other urban programs) really SUCK!!!!

As long as they are in "big markets", it's CUSA's built in excuse. No one can refute the fact that a lot of people live in El Piso, or New Orleans or Birmingham or Memphis. So it's much easier for CUSA to say these schools have a big market potential than it is to try to explain why their football programs perennially suck so bad. CUSA can't HANDLE the truth!

HD

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    Even though this guy is a flamer, I tend to agree with his statement in part.

I don't see why you'd unload UTEP to add North Texas, FIU, FAU, MTSU, or anyone else from the Belt. Bash the school as we may, they are bona fide legitimate long term FBS program with real facilites (Sun Bowl), real history (MMB championship), and a real penetrated market (El Paso).
    I agree as well that UTEP is stronger than the sunbelt expansion candidates, but UTEP's location is a big negative for the eastern CUSA teams. Also, while their history is superior to the expansion candidates , it's not like they are ahead by leaps and bounds.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I agree as well that UTEP is stronger than the sunbelt expansion candidates, but UTEP's location is a big negative for the eastern CUSA teams. Also, while their history is superior to the expansion candidates , it's not like they are ahead by leaps and bounds.
    Which is what pains me re: adding FIU. If you're going to trade UTEP for travel and then add anyone BUT North Texas, all sense has been lost.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That's correct and is particularly painful when having to transport volleyball, softball, golf, etc. Think domangue; you're smarter than that post above!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Which is what pains me re: adding FIU. If you're going to trade UTEP for travel and then add anyone BUT North Texas, all sense has been lost.
    Adding anyone BUT LaTech is where all sense is lost and is why we are still the leading (but not the only) candidate.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    That's correct and is particularly painful when having to transport volleyball, softball, golf, etc. Think domangue; you're smarter than that post above!
    Plus - as it stands right now, they may feel that they are better suited with their old rivals of the range schools - UNM, Wyoming, UNLV etal
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Adding anyone BUT LaTech is where all sense is lost and is why we are still the leading (but not the only) candidate.
    Agreed. The only reason I left us out:

I've begun to write us off based on the indication of market taking prevalence. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but that's about it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed!

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

That was my point exactly. I don't see where effectively trading UTEP for "Belt School x" is a good proposition. For FIU especially, adding them does nothing to really tighten up geography, but lowers overall quality.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    That was my point exactly. I don't see where effectively trading UTEP for "Belt School x" is a good proposition. For FIU especially, adding them does nothing to really tighten up geography, but lowers overall quality.
    Not sure it lowers "quality" that much...based on their head-to-head bowl game with Marshall, they looked pretty salty. And they play decent baseball. But you're right-on about their geography. Miami is a LOT further south than Orlando. We're closer to Huntington WV than Miami is...

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    I've begun to write us off based on the indication of market taking prevalence. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but that's about it.
    I'm starting to feel the same way.

Bulldog ConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Because UTEP brings the Jaurez market?
    nope, the El Paso market. strong basketball (and a National Championship). decent football (4 bowl games since 2000)

Juarez is across the Mexican border, protected by 500 ICE Federal Agents and a equal amount of mexican federales.

Bulldog ConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

You're welcome to your opinion, but you'd be better served in you didn't pull it out of thin air.
    come on now, UTEP has a great basketball program with a National Title. Good football with 4 bowls since 2000. Great Facilities with the Haskins center and Sun Bowl. Plus the El Paso market.

I mean, there is a reason UTEP was chosen over Tech and UNT last time around.

And there's a reason you have so much negative rep. You're ill informed and apparently slow-witted.

+ Reply to Thread