+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Navy to join Big East football in 2015

Bulldog ConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeConferenceUSA Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Navy to join Big East football in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Well good gracious, I gave him WAYYYY too much credit then. A Memphis fan is almost by default a basketball-oriented person. I was approaching it from the standpoint of logistics and economics, expecting him to say, "well both philly and miami are nonstop flights from Memphis", which they probably are. To which i was prepared to say "...and the expense associated with flying is ridiculous." We know this all too well here at TECH, thus OUR pining for Conference USA, where we could get out of some of that nonsense.

This is why Hawaii will remain a football-only invitee to the Alliance. It's too costly in today's economy to jet the volleyball team from Las Vegas or Colorado Springs to Honolulu.

Given THAT...there is NO rational reason a USM person should support bringing in a school from Miami or Philadelphia over Louisiana Tech. I will hasten to say USM people have been the most supportive of our inclusion, for these very reasons. I can't imagine a USM person advocating a tennis team trip to Philadelphia or Miami from Hattiesburg. Have to? of course. DESIRE to? foolish.
    the SECOND someone says who they root for around here it becomes "we're so much better and we're just going to throw insults". I really don't feel like playing that game.

besides, it's basketball season and have you seen USM's record? 18-3 sporting a RPI of 14. USM looks like a NCAA team this season.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConferenceUSA View Post
    the SECOND someone says who they root for around here it becomes "we're so much better and we're just going to throw insults". I really don't feel like playing
    ah...Memphis

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    ah...Memphis
    Exactly. They're the Nickelback of colleges.

+ Reply to Thread