+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive Thread

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Positive Thread

It has been hard for many of us that want to be positive to post lately. This is for us.... If you are feeling like you can only post negative, please choose one of the 100 other threads that have that. I haven't posted much lately, because it is difficult to stay up when so many are down. I will admit that I have been down, as well. That doesn't happen often. I am not down due to coaching or effort from this team, but I am down because of the losses.

I believe Spoon is the best hire we have made since Hogg and Barmore. She showed her worth in starting to bring this program back at the moment she took over. She made something out of what was going to be a bad season. She continued that the next year. She knows there is a mountain in front of her, but if you were climbing a mountain, who would you want leading the charge? I would want Spoon.

She hit a curve in the road this year - like most coaches do and most programs do. We took a little step backwards. My thought is that we are still adjusting to life without Johnson and, like many have posted, we need a floor leader. We have a couple of guards that I was hoping would step up and take that role, but they haven't been able to do that YET. The season isn't over yet, though. I still have hope for that.

We have a VERY strong group of under classmen that have the ability to do that next year. There are some true stars on this team, but they are young. Next year, we have some awesome talent coming in again - probably, the best in the last 5 years. I have faith that with the group coming back next year and adding these new players, we will be on the path again.

I haven't given up on this year, though. There is still time to turn it around. The worst thing that has happened is that we have given up any hope of a good seed in the NCAA tournament. I will be happy if we get things on track and win that WAC tournament, though.

Recruits read our board and our players read this board. I want them to know that we believe in them. They have the talent, they have the coach, and now we need them to step up and get it done. Don't let anyone convince you that you don't have it in you. You have a coach that can get you there and you have the talent to get it done. Be that team that is credited with turning a season around and making it work!

To the recruits coming in: We are ready for you to step in and help us get back on track. Come in here with fire in your eyes and know that you will be contributing right away.

I have been a Lady Techster fan for all my life and will remain a Lady Techster fan for all my life! Road bumps happen, but I truly believe that we will get over this hurdle!

Bulldog bballfan4life is an unknown

Re: Positive Thread

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It has been hard for many of us that want to be positive to post lately. This is for us.... If you are feeling like you can only post negative, please choose one of the 100 other threads that have that. I haven't posted much lately, because it is difficult to stay up when so many are down. I will admit that I have been down, as well. That doesn't happen often. I am not down due to coaching or effort from this team, but I am down because of the losses.

I believe Spoon is the best hire we have made since Hogg and Barmore. She showed her worth in starting to bring this program back at the moment she took over. She made something out of what was going to be a bad season. She continued that the next year. She knows there is a mountain in front of her, but if you were climbing a mountain, who would you want leading the charge? I would want Spoon.

She hit a curve in the road this year - like most coaches do and most programs do. We took a little step backwards. My thought is that we are still adjusting to life without Johnson and, like many have posted, we need a floor leader. We have a couple of guards that I was hoping would step up and take that role, but they haven't been able to do that YET. The season isn't over yet, though. I still have hope for that.

We have a VERY strong group of under classmen that have the ability to do that next year. There are some true stars on this team, but they are young. Next year, we have some awesome talent coming in again - probably, the best in the last 5 years. I have faith that with the group coming back next year and adding these new players, we will be on the path again.

I haven't given up on this year, though. There is still time to turn it around. The worst thing that has happened is that we have given up any hope of a good seed in the NCAA tournament. I will be happy if we get things on track and win that WAC tournament, though.

Recruits read our board and our players read this board. I want them to know that we believe in them. They have the talent, they have the coach, and now we need them to step up and get it done. Don't let anyone convince you that you don't have it in you. You have a coach that can get you there and you have the talent to get it done. Be that team that is credited with turning a season around and making it work!

To the recruits coming in: We are ready for you to step in and help us get back on track. Come in here with fire in your eyes and know that you will be contributing right away.

I have been a Lady Techster fan for all my life and will remain a Lady Techster fan for all my life! Road bumps happen, but I truly believe that we will get over this hurdle!
    AMEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! AND AMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! I BELIEVE! I have FAITH! AND I KNOW this season is NOT over yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

First of all I for one am not going to be told where to post my thoughts. If someone post a thread then when I want to reply I will. I agree with several facts that you pointed out. I am not for changing coaches either. I do think we probably need staff changes. Secondly, I have dealt with the business world all my life in several fronts and manged alot of people. This world of all is rosy and will be ok is not going to cut it. The coaches and the players need to take accountability for where we are. Did we not know we would miss Johnson. Someone didn't step up or either we didn"t recuirt correctly to fill the void. Sometimes you miss on players. That happens! This team is going nowhere at this point. Yes it can be turned around but not with this all is rosy attitude. A big butt chewing to the staff and players might be a start. As far as, lack of leadership; that is all on the staff. I hope we can change it this year; but I am not sure. If I read one more time about recuirts being influenced by this board I may puke. Kids are not worried about our opinions. That just shows some of you have not been around elite athletes. They have such confidence and egos they believe they can change any situation. Oh maybe we are not getting those type players.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    First of all I for one am not going to be told where to post my thoughts. If someone post a thread then when I want to reply I will. I agree with several facts that you pointed out. I am not for changing coaches either. I do think we probably need staff changes. Secondly, I have dealt with the business world all my life in several fronts and manged alot of people. This world of all is rosy and will be ok is not going to cut it. The coaches and the players need to take accountability for where we are. Did we not know we would miss Johnson. Someone didn't step up or either we didn"t recuirt correctly to fill the void. Sometimes you miss on players. That happens! This team is going nowhere at this point. Yes it can be turned around but not with this all is rosy attitude. A big butt chewing to the staff and players might be a start. As far as, lack of leadership; that is all on the staff. I hope we can change it this year; but I am not sure. If I read one more time about recuirts being influenced by this board I may puke. Kids are not worried about our opinions. That just shows some of you have not been around elite athletes. They have such confidence and egos they believe they can change any situation. Oh maybe we are not getting those type players.
    No one told you where to post. Champ respectfully asked everyone to keep this a positive thread. If you don't want to be positive, then don't read it. But definitely don't be a dick and post something like this. Like champ said, take it to one of the 100 other threads.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Is being "positive" mean you have to bury your head in the sand?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

They are positively awful...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

This year's recruits are good. Next year's look better. I see no reason for this trend not to continue.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

TSpoon will find who she wants for that asst. coaching slot, who is good at X's and O's, and a "Big" to pound the paint.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

The problem isn't "positive" versus "negative." The problem is that the program's "success" of the past couple of years (which is highly subjective) is being used as a measuring stick against this year's "decline." Some see it that way, and I completely understand how they see it that way. They have explained themselves time and again and I give points for consistency in messaging. I simply disagree. Some see this season as an anomaly. No facts will change that. That is why those of us who think the program is heading in a disastrous direction don't ask the cheerleaders to stop posting about how it's going to get better. They have every right to post

Many others, not necessarily a majority, but many others see the program picking up steam in a downhill direction. We see the past few years as a steady decline. I will put my other arguments aside (coach, players, etc.) and ask if NOT a lack of talent, and if NOT poor coaching decisions, and if NOT a lack of a complete coaching staff, then what is the issue? It certainly isn't the conference. Outside of Fresno, the WAC is a laughing stock in WBB. It certainly isn't the OOC schedule. That was weak.

The problem as some of us see it is this: Many would like the "negative" people to not question the coach or direction of the program, at least "publicly" because it may "hurt" the Tech chances with recruits. Wake-up call: THE SLOPPY (lower level jr. college) PLAY AND LACK OF FOCUS AND DISCIPLINE AND LOSING RECORD IS WHAT AFFECTS FUTURE RECRUITS, not opinionated idiots like me who chose to spend time posting on a WBB chat board.

If the program wants the respect of potential recruits, then it's up to the program to do more than offer lip-service about "tradition" and "swagger" with a wink and a nod to the past and a "hey, look who's our coach!"

And finally, to come on a chat board and proclaim your undying support of the program and passively-aggressively put others down who disagree with you, then post in a forum and ask that others NOT post responses is just flat out manipulative. This isn't life and death. It's basketball. Yes, it's BAD basketball, but it's still just basketball. If you don't like people responding with things that upset you, then don't read it. Wow, the b/s factor went way up with this current thread.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

T-Spoon has done a good job and has the record to prove it. Wins and losses are what matters in the world of coaching and she has won a good bit more than she has lost.
    I feel that there are alot of areas of improvement to be made but that is with any job, if you stop having areas to improve upon then it is time for you to move on because you have mastered it is that you are doing.
    I feel that it has been a really difficult year but that it would have been difficult no matter what coaching staff you had here. This is just right now not a group that has hit their stride this season and that is something that chemistry can only have a hand in.
    This season is not lost not is it gonna for certain be bad but it is going to be a year in which the kids and coaching staff will grow and learn exactly what it means to struggle.
    Spoon isn't going anywhere nor should she, her record speaks for itsself and I don't care who the games are against winning is what matters and her record shows that she has won a majority of her games.
    I remember a year when Barmore went 18-12 and the masses were calling for him to resign. Basketball had passed him by and he was no longer effective. That is what actually was being said and going around. Administration thought better and didn't listen to him then and seems that those people had no clue what they were talking about because his record from that point on was 315-51.
    We will be fine but this year is gonna a struggle but I still believe.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Nice try Champ, but some people can't be positive unless they can be negative. I for one appreciate your sunny outlook, so don't let the naysayers get you down. I have been on both sides, and believe me I am a much happier person when I take your point of view.

It is much more fun to win, and the Techsters of old spoiled us in that regard, but win or lose they are the only women's basketball program for me.

One thing I am sure of, no one on this board wants to win more than Spoon. Keep it up, Champ!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    T-Spoon has done a good job and has the record to prove it. Wins and losses are what matters in the world of coaching and she has won a good bit more than she has lost.
    I feel that there are alot of areas of improvement to be made but that is with any job, if you stop having areas to improve upon then it is time for you to move on because you have mastered it is that you are doing.
    I feel that it has been a really difficult year but that it would have been difficult no matter what coaching staff you had here. This is just right now not a group that has hit their stride this season and that is something that chemistry can only have a hand in.
    This season is not lost not is it gonna for certain be bad but it is going to be a year in which the kids and coaching staff will grow and learn exactly what it means to struggle.
    Spoon isn't going anywhere nor should she, her record speaks for itsself and I don't care who the games are against winning is what matters and her record shows that she has won a majority of her games.
    I remember a year when Barmore went 18-12 and the masses were calling for him to resign. Basketball had passed him by and he was no longer effective. That is what actually was being said and going around. Administration thought better and didn't listen to him then and seems that those people had no clue what they were talking about because his record from that point on was 315-51.
    We will be fine but this year is gonna a struggle but I still believe.
    Put me in the excellent company of philgarris, Tylertechsas, Buzdawg73, old dawg, and champion110.

I love Lady Techster basketball, love our players for coming here, love Spoon for EVERYTHING SHE REPRESENTS ABOUT OUR PROGRAM.

This year is indeed very disappointing as to our record and (sometimes) effort and intensity. But I just refuse to be a "Kick em when they're up, kick em when they're down" type fan who dwells on such:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE REBUILDING OF OUR PROGRAM UNDER SPOON.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I find it very difficult to believe Spoon is not a good X's and O's coach. She has been in countless huddles, scouting report and strategy sessions, been around top coaches and players here and abroad, and has been the floor general throughout. Even if she wasn't paying attention through all that, (and you know that's not true) she would have learned something through osmosis. The truth of the matter is she has seen it all and is an admitted student of the game. Somebody tell me (and her) which X and which O she doesn't know.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I do enjoy hearing all points of view

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    I love Lady Techster basketball, love our players for coming here, love Spoon for EVERYTHING SHE REPRESENTS ABOUT OUR PROGRAM.
    I personally think she is a poor representative of our program....

She's not media friendly, she fails to take on an active role in the community and is very stand-offish -

Amon other things
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread