+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jeff Landry elected next governor of Louisiana

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Jeff Landry elected next governor of Louisiana

avoided a runoff against Shawn Wilson

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Jeff Landry elected next governor of Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    avoided a runoff against Shawn Wilson
    Now let's see if they get to work. It won't be an easy fix.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pleased with the statewide results last night. We shall see how much damage can be undone.

The Attorney General seat is heading into a runoff. Liz Murrill (R) should defeat the dem to become the next AG. Secretary of State, a very important position, Nancy Landry (R) (any relation to Jeff?) and dem Gwen Collins-Greenup finished in a virtual tie with 19% each. But there were 4 other Repubs who divided the vote. PLEASE! everyone get behind Landry for SOS. And John Fleming (R) will be in a runoff with a Dem for State Treasurer.

Locally, Opie lost his bid for state senate, losing to Alan Seabaugh with a 46-54% margin. Lots of folks dislike Seabaugh but just couldn't vote for a fellow whose only profession has been as a basketball coach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Locally, Opie lost his bid for state senate, losing to Alan Seabaugh with a 46-54% margin. Lots of folks dislike Seabaugh but just couldn't vote for a fellow whose only profession has been as a basketball coach.
    I forgot to check that result. McConathy had some really dirt money following him and Seabaugh pointed that out. They sane people of North Louisiana are sick of the corruption in Baton Rouge. McConathy was about to become a big part of our current problems. Seabaugh has been solid and stood up against things many "conservative" RINOs were in favor of. We re-elected a guy who has been part of the problem for the last four years in Cathy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A lot of conservative sources, YouTubers like Red Eagle, Carmine Sabine, "Doug in Exile" are hailing Landry's victory as a big win for Trump and bodes well for the GOP's chances in the 2024 elections. BS! These out-of-staters know nothing about Louisiana politics. As much as I hope Trump/GOP do great in 2024, this is no indication of a trend in that direction. Trump's endorsement of Jeff Landry may have cost him some votes, not helped. Louisiana was ready to dump JBE and his democrap influencers, period. This is also not a "flip" like they are claiming. Louisiana is a solid red state and JBE's election was an anomaly. In his defense, for a democrap, JBE is rather moderate, a veteran, pro-life, and did not govern too far to the left.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I forgot to check that result. McConathy had some really dirt money following him and Seabaugh pointed that out. They sane people of North Louisiana are sick of the corruption in Baton Rouge. McConathy was about to become a big part of our current problems. Seabaugh has been solid and stood up against things many "conservative" RINOs were in favor of. We re-elected a guy who has been part of the problem for the last four years in Cathy.
    Dirty money meaning what? Sorry if I should know.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Dirty money meaning what? Sorry if I should know.
    Almost all his money came from the trial lawyers and other demoncrats.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We re-elected a guy who has been part of the problem for the last four years in Cathy.
    I was a part of that race back in January. The loser's pollster called me asking questions in a pre-game poll. The questions were all about getting my opinion about their planned dirt.
    When a candidate for such a local race spends $900,000 of his (bingo parlor) profits it indicates to me he REALLY, REALLY wants something.
    The dirt went very strong both ways and I thought the race could go either way.
    This was the first political race where one candidate decided to go with billboard signs attached to both sides of a semi-trailer parked in lots along main thoroughfares. Days later, the opponent matched with his own 18-wheeler trailers. It was like Wendy's locating within eyesite of the Golden Arches back in early day marketing.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I was a part of that race back in January. The loser's pollster called me asking questions in a pre-game poll. The questions were all about getting my opinion about their planned dirt.
    When a candidate for such a local race spends $900,000 of his (bingo parlor) profits it indicates to me he REALLY, REALLY wants something.
    This was the first political race where one candidate decided to go with billboard signs attached to both sides of a semi-trailer parked in lots along main thoroughfares. Days later, the opponent matched with his own 18-wheeler trailers. It was like Wendy's locating within eyesite of the Golden Arches back in early day marketing.
    I was part of that same poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Cathy voted with our Governor for 4 years. That's all you or anyone else needed to know. He turned out to be a turd.

White is a business person in many ways other than gambling. Yes he got his start with video poker.

FWIW, Cathy didn't turn down any of the bingo or gambling money.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Cathy voted with our Governor for 4 years. That's all you or anyone else needed to know. He turned out to be a turd.

White is a business person in many ways other than gambling. Yes he got his start with video poker.

FWIW, Cathy didn't turn down any of the bingo or gambling money.
    $900,000 out of your pocket for a regional state political office?
    I expect many incumbents will continue to vote with the governor (whomever is in office).
    The real question is will the next President mint more money to pass out to states to spend like the current one?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread