+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C.J. Gatlin enrolled at RHS.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

C.J. Gatlin enrolled at RHS.

C.J. Gatlin who threw for more than 2,200yds and 17 TD's his jr year has now transfered to RHS along with his father Chris Gatlin who will be an asst coach.
    Gatlin leaving Alexandria High football for Ruston

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120107/SPORTS/201070319

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: C.J. Gatlin enrolled at RHS.

Did Shows not offer enough? Of course this transfer is legit because his father moved for another job.

Is Spangler a senior this year?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

CJ has all the tools to be a Division I QB. He reminds me a lot of Ben Alsup as it relates to ability, though I think CJ's upside on the football field is a little higher. He'll immediately join Alsup as the best QBs to play at Ruston since Ramsey. CJ was the first-team QB on our All-Cenla team this year, leading ASH to the quarterfinals and improving a great deal from the beginning of the season to the end of the season in his first year as a starter. Like Alsup, he might actually be a better baseball prospect than football prospect, and he'll immediately aid the Bearcats' rotation and lineup.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    CJ has all the tools to be a Division I QB. He reminds me a lot of Ben Alsup as it relates to ability, though I think CJ's upside on the football field is a little higher. He'll immediately join Alsup as the best QBs to play at Ruston since Ramsey. CJ was the first-team QB on our All-Cenla team this year, leading ASH to the quarterfinals and improving a great deal from the beginning of the season to the end of the season in his first year as a starter. Like Alsup, he might actually be a better baseball prospect than football prospect, and he'll immediately aid the Bearcats' rotation and lineup.
    Prof, I have yet to see him in an actual game. Only a few highlights, but what I saw I really liked. I'm guessing he's about 6-3 and around 185-190lbs? Also, what do you estimate his 40yd time to be?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Not playing baseball.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

CJ is about 6-3 and 190. Bigger build than Alsup had. He's a good athlete, though certainly not great. Played wide receiver as a sophomore. He's probably a 4.65 40 guy. I would compare him more to Matt Kubik than Luke McCown when it relates to athleticism. Certainly capable of moving the pocket, tucking and running. But he's not going to just wow you with his speed like Luke could at times.

I was really impressed with how much CJ grew as a QB this year. To be honest, with what I saw of him when he played some QB as a sophomore, I had ASH pegged for a losing record with CJ at QB. ASH started off slowly against a pretty tough schedule, and as CJ grew, ASH became a much better team.

The fact that he's not playing baseball tells me he's going all-in on football, which is actually pretty good considering he's at a new school. Spring practice will be very important for the Bearcats this year.

My biggest concern with CJ is his deep ball. He is a pretty accurate quarterback who actually does a good job of reading defenses and keeping plays alive. However, he really puts a lot of air under his deep ball, despite the fact that he has a pretty strong arm and really doesn't need to put that much air on his throws.

But whatever CJ did this year must have worked. I've heard he's caught the eyes of several BCS programs, most notably Texas A&M. This summer will be a big one for CJ, and he could be the best QB to wear a Bearcat uniform in the past decade.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So.......what poor kid gets bumped out of the starting QB position now at RHS?

HD

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I think that Spangler is a senior this year. I think that having Gatlin's father as an asst. coach will add and interesting dimension.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Spangler graduates in May
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So.......what poor kid gets bumped out of the starting QB position now at RHS?

HD
    Nobody yet. CJ will be competing with Chris Millege, a very athletic 6-1 190 lb Sr dual threat with a good arm. Having both of them will make us better. They will probably split time throughout the season.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

CJ is about 6-3 and 190. Bigger build than Alsup had. He's a good athlete, though certainly not great. Played wide receiver as a sophomore. He's probably a 4.65 40 guy. I would compare him more to Matt Kubik than Luke McCown when it relates to athleticism. Certainly capable of moving the pocket, tucking and running. But he's not going to just wow you with his speed like Luke could at times.

I was really impressed with how much CJ grew as a QB this year. To be honest, with what I saw of him when he played some QB as a sophomore, I had ASH pegged for a losing record with CJ at QB. ASH started off slowly against a pretty tough schedule, and as CJ grew, ASH became a much better team.

The fact that he's not playing baseball tells me he's going all-in on football, which is actually pretty good considering he's at a new school. Spring practice will be very important for the Bearcats this year.

My biggest concern with CJ is his deep ball. He is a pretty accurate quarterback who actually does a good job of reading defenses and keeping plays alive. However, he really puts a lot of air under his deep ball, despite the fact that he has a pretty strong arm and really doesn't need to put that much air on his throws.

But whatever CJ did this year must have worked. I've heard he's caught the eyes of several BCS programs, most notably Texas A&M. This summer will be a big one for CJ, and he could be the best QB to wear a Bearcat uniform in the past decade.
    Agreed on the deep ball. I am not sure if he was taught to throw it that way because of the tall receiver ASH had, but that ball looked like it wasnt going turn over sometimes it was thrown so high and weak.

I watched a game early in the season and I was not impressed, but I saw a game or two later in the season where he made some nice throws over the middle and not just that lob pass thing they like to do. He seems like a good kid, and I know he comes from a good family. I hope he does well and gets some looks at college ball.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Great! Another year of the QB shuffle. Maybe we can decide on 1 qb this year and let him get most of the snaps.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Milleage will play everywhere on offense but at QB. Gatlin is the guy going forward.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Milleage will play everywhere on offense but at QB. Gatlin is the guy going forward.
    So the Gatlin kid gets named the starter without even taking a snap in practice?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

why do you think he is there

+ Reply to Thread