+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Track & Field News

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WAC Announces Pre-Championship Cross Country Coaches Polls-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

The Western Athletic Conference announced its men's and women's cross country pre-championship coaches' polls, as voted on by the eight head coaches in the league. Utah State was selected as the favorite to win the men's championship, while Idaho was picked to win the women's title.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WAC Cross Country Championship Set for Saturday in Hawaii-WACSports.com

The 2011 WAC Cross Country Championship will take place Saturday, Oct. 29 at Kane'ohe Klipper Golf Course in Honolulu, Hawaii. The men's race will begin at 8 a.m. HT, followed by the women's race at 9 a.m.

More...

Discuss it here.

WAC Cross Country Banquet Preps Athletes for Saturday's Championship-WACSports.com

The University of Hawai'i hosted the 2011 WAC Cross Country Championships Banquet on lt;br />Friday night at the Stan Sherrif Center. UH will host the WAC Championships, for the second lt;br />time in the program's history, Saturday, Oct. 29 at Kane'ohe Klipper Golf Course on the Marines lt;br />Corps Base Hawai'i in Kane'ohe, O'ahu.

More...

Discuss it here.

Utah State Men, Idaho Women Capture WAC Cross Country Titles-WACSports.com

Utah State's men and Idaho's women claimed the 2011 WAC Cross Country team titles at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Kaneohe, Hawaii. Utah State's standout senior Brian McKenna claimed the men's individual title as he covered the 8K championship course in a time of 24:46.5. New Mexico State junior Courtney Schultz won the women's 5K championship with a time of 17:36.5.

More...

Discuss it here.

LaTech 2011-2012 Track & Field News

Louisiana Tech's Trey Hadnot and Idaho's Andrew Blaser were named the Verizon Western Athletic Conference Men's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, respectively, for the week of Jan. 23-29.

More...

Discuss it here.

Verizon WAC Women's Indoor Track Athletes of the Week Announced-WACSports.com

Idaho's Hannah Kiser and Louisiana Tech's Chelsea Hayes were were named the Verizon Western Athletic Conference Women's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, respectively, for the week of Jan. 23-29.

More...

Discuss it here.

This Week in WAC Indoor Track and Field-WACSports.com

Five WAC schools are in action this week. Nevada sends three athletes to the New Balance Invitational in New York City. Idaho hosts two meets, the Vandal Indoor on Friday and Idaho Open on Saturday. Hawai'i hosts the Dr. Donnis Thompson Memorial on Saturday. Utah State travels to Boise for the Bronco Classic. New Mexico State will attend the New Mexico Classic.

More...

Discuss it here.

This Week in WAC Indoor Track and Field - Feb. 8-WACSports.com

Five WAC schools will compete at the Husky Classic in Seattle, Wash. Fresno State, Hawai'i, Idaho, Nevada and Utah State will send competitors to the event on Friday and Saturday. While in Seattle, Fresno State and Hawai'i will also compete in the UW Open on Sunday. Louisiana Tech will travel to Fayetteville, Ark. for the Tyson Invitational on Friday and Saturday. New Mexico State will compete at Air Force Invite in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Friday. A portion of the Utah State squad will attend the Don Kirby Elite Invitational in Albuquerque, N.M., on Friday.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: This Week in WAC Indoor Track and Field-WACSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post

Five WAC schools are in action this week. Nevada sends three athletes to the New Balance Invitational in New York City. Idaho hosts two meets, the Vandal Indoor on Friday and Idaho Open on Saturday. Hawai'i hosts the Dr. Donnis Thompson Memorial on Saturday. Utah State travels to Boise for the Bronco Classic. New Mexico State will attend the New Mexico Classic.

More...

Discuss it here.
    Cool!

Louisiana Tech
    Louisiana Tech competed last weekend at the ASTATE Invitational, setting two school records ... sophomore Trey Hadnot’s time of 21.04 in the 200-meter dash broke Al Fullwood’s time of 21.25, set in 2010 ... senior Chelsea Hayes broke the school record in the long jump with a mark of 20-11.25 (6.38m) ... that is the second-best mark in the nation this year and leads the WAC by more than a foot and a half ... she also set a school record to win the 55-meter dash (6.91), in addition to victories in the 200-meters (23.76) and as the second leg of the winning 4x400-meter relay team ... LT won seven events as a team during the meet ... this week, Louisiana Tech is off ... the squad returns to action on Feb. 11-12, at the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark.

WAC To Stream Final Day of Indoor Track & Field Championships-WACSports.com

The Western Athletic Conference, in conjunction with its website partner NeuLion, has announced it will stream the final day of the 2012 WAC Swimming & Diving Championships, Feb. 25.

More...

Discuss it here.

Verizon WAC Women's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week Announced-WACSports.c

Idaho's Hannah Kiser and Louisiana Tech's Chelsea Hayes were were named the Verizon Western Athletic Conference Women's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, respectively, for the week of Feb. 6-12.

More...

Discuss it here.

Verizon WAC Men's Indoor Track Athletes of the Week Announced-WACSports.com

Louisiana Tech's Trey Hadnot and Idaho's Jeremy Klas were named the Verizon Western Athletic Conference Men's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, respectively, for the week of Feb. 6-12.

More...

Discuss it here.

WAC Indoor Track & Field Championship Begin Thursday-WACSports.com

The 2012 edition of the WAC Indoor Track and Field Championship returns to Idaho Sports Center and Jacksons Track in Nampa, Idaho, for the ninth-straight year. The meet will be held Feb. 23-25.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

2012 WAC Indoor Track & Field Championships

2012 WAC Indoor Track & Field Championships

February 23 • 12:45 PM CT (Multi)
    February 24 • 12:00 PM CT (Multi)
    February 24 • 2:30 PM CT (Field)
    February 24 • 5:00 PM CT (Track)
    February 25 • 12:00 PM CT (Field)
    February 25 • 2:00 PM CT (Track)

Jacksons Indoor Track at the Idaho CenterNampa, Idaho

Links
    PreviewSchedule
    Live Results

Meet Central

LA Tech
    Preview
    Meet Notes
    Media Guide
    Roster
    @LATechPWalsh

Men's National Rankings
    71. Idaho
    82. Louisiana Tech
    NR. Utah State

Men's Projected Finish
    1. Utah State
    2. Idaho
    3. Louisiana Tech

Utah State will win based on pure depth. Their roster is twice as long as Tech's.

Women's National Rankings
    33. Louisiana Tech
    63. Idaho
    108. Nevada
    110. Utah State
    NR. New Mexico State
    NR. Fresno State
    NR. Hawai'i

Women's Projected Finish
    1. Idaho
    2. Utah State
    3. New Mexico State
    4. Nevada
    5. Louisiana Tech
    Fresno State
    Hawai'i

Basically Boise State leaving the WAC killed the Lady Techsters' T&F dynasty. Tech won't gain any of Boise's points because we always win by dominating the sprints. Most of Boise's points will be split between Utah State and Idaho. That sucks.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2012 WAC Indoor Track & Field Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Basically Boise State leaving the WAC killed the Lady Techsters' T&F dynasty. Tech won't gain any of Boise's points because we always win by dominating the sprints. Most of Boise's points will be split between Utah State and Idaho. That sucks.
    Trying to get by fielding half of a track team (no distance runners) and a skeleton field team should finally come home to roost. Sad since Tech used to have highly successful (and complete) track and field teams and (gasp!) cross country teams.

+ Reply to Thread