+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Track & Field News

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2012 WAC Indoor Track & Field Championships

Men's Final Results
    1. Idaho 217.5
    2. Utah State 212.5
    3. Louisiana Tech 77

That's embarrassing.

Women's Final Results
    1. Utah State 144
    2. Idaho 110
    3. New Mexico State 94
    4. Louisiana Tech 89
    5. Nevada 86
    6. Fresno State 71
    7. Hawai'i 67

The dynasty comes to an end.

Oh, and Title IX is stupid.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Trying to get by fielding half of a track team (no distance runners) and a skeleton field team should finally come home to roost. Sad since Tech used to have highly successful (and complete) track and field teams and (gasp!) cross country teams.
    I know that we landed the top distance runner in the state of Louisiana two years ago. He was beating everyone in the state including all of the lspoo team. At the conference cross country meet he was 40th because he was running against teams like Idaho and Utah state where the runners are training at altitude. As long as we are competing against teams from mountain states distance is not where we will win meets.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I know that we landed the top distance runner in the state of Louisiana two years ago. He was beating everyone in the state including all of the lspoo team. At the conference cross country meet he was 40th because he was running against teams like Idaho and Utah state where the runners are training at altitude. As long as we are competing against teams from mountain states distance is not where we will win meets.
    That doesn't explain the gaping holes in field event participation. Even scoring minimal points is better than scoring nothing in those events.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 02-27-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    That doesn't explain the gaping holes in field event participatiuon. Even scoring minimal points is better than scoring nothing in those events.
    Do we have a men's or women's pole vault? Do we still have a pole vault pit at our complex?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

Basically Boise State leaving the WAC killed the Lady Techsters' T&F dynasty. Tech won't gain any of Boise's points because we always win by dominating the sprints. Most of Boise's points will be split between Utah State and Idaho. That sucks.
    Well, the "good" news is that Boise's track team will be returning to the WAC.

I don't know if we'll still be there to take advantage of it.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

It is a simple formula of getting the most bang for your buck. A pole vaulter can get you a maximum of 10 points at a meet. A sprinter running the 100, 200, 4X100 and 4X400 can help get you 40 points. LSU (I hate using them as an example but they did it) used this formula to win several consecutive national titles. It worked well two years ago at the outdoor conference meet in Ruston when Tech finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the 100. I think Coach Stanley has done an amazing job for the past 10+ years. One rebuilding year should not a career end.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

This Week in WAC Indoor Track and Field - Feb. 29-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

Utah State women and Idaho men claim team titles at WAC Indoor Track and Field Championships, held Feb. 22-25.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

This Week in WAC Track and Field - March 6-WACSports.com

Five WAC Indoor Track and Field athletes will compete in the 2012 NCAA Indoor Championships Friday and Saturday in Boise, Idaho.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hayes National Runner-Up in Long Jump-WACSports.com

Louisiana Tech's Chelsea Hayes grabbed a pair of All-America honors and finished second in lt;br />the long jump at the 2012 NCAA Indoor Championships at Jacksons Track in Boise Friday lt;br />evening.

More...

Discuss it here.

USTFCCCA Indoor Track and Field All-America Awards Announced-WACSports.com

The U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) announced the first-team and second-team USTFCCCA All-America distinctions for the 2012 NCAA Division I Indoor Track & Field season today.

More...

Discuss it here.

Verizon WAC Men’s Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week Announced-WACSports.co

Utah State's Hunter Nelson and Louisiana Tech's Joshua Cox have been named the Verizon Western Athletic Conference Men's Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, respectively, for the week of March 12-18.

More...

Discuss it here.

This Week in WAC Outdoor Track & Field - March 20-WACSports.com

Six of seven Western Athletic Conference Track and Field teams are in action this weekend.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Verizon WAC Men’s Outdoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week Announced-WACSport

Josh Cox = freak athlete.

Yes, I am extremely biased, but still.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Chelsea Hayes . . . YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!

Guess the Bot is watching too much basketball . . .

Chelsea long jump leads the world??? Wowser!

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/c...033112aaa.html
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Chelsea Hayes . . . YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!

WTG Chelsea!

+ Reply to Thread