+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotation and Lineup

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Rotation and Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Interesting observation that '06 has touched on before.

I'm pretty sure that Dooley (who loved a brand) was here when the baseball team was setting up the current uniforms and cap styles. It would be interesting to hear the story on why baseball didn't conform.
    Let me contact my "inside connections" and I'll ask what they know and will let you guys know what they say, assuming my contacts actually know anything.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Also of note, the state-T on our black baseball jerseys uses the wrong color combo. It has a blue T with a white state. It should be the opposite, or they could just use our regular logo with the red T and the blue state outlined in white.

Here are our branding guidelines: http://www.latechsports.com/ot/latc-new-tech-logos.html
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-12-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Also of note, the state-T on our black baseball jerseys uses the wrong color combo. It has a blue T with a white state. It should be the opposite, or they could just use our regular logo with the red T and the blue state outlined in white.

Here are our branding guidelines: http://www.latechsports.com/ot/latc-new-tech-logos.html
    Why is a red t white state accepted but not a blue t white state? It seems like we're dissecting things a little too much here

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Why is a red t white state accepted but not a blue t white state? It seems like we're dissecting things a little too much here
    It's about building and protecting our brand.

Per our official logo guidelines:
    - When using a 2-color logo, at least one official color must be in the proper place.
    - That means that the T must be red OR the state must be blue.
    - The T should never be blue on a 2-color logo.
    - The state should never be red on a 2-color logo.

If we can get our logo right on our baseball caps, I guarantee you that you will see many more students and alumni wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Arnsberg will be in lineup to hit more than just when he rotates in to catch with Qualls. One of better hitting prospects with more good upside still to come.
    It appears this year will be much different from years past at catcher.

Now without Ewing behind the plate, it looks like we will see catcher by committee to start this season. Maybe each starter will have a personal catcher.

Qualls will likely be the Friday starter for Stefan.
    Arnsberg will likely be the Saturday starter for Gilley.
    Hesson and Derouen will likely both get significant PT as well.

It doesn't look like Kimbell will get much time behind the plate, but I think his bat will be a mainstay in the lineup. I think he'll end up as the primary DH.

To clear things up about the lineup I posted:
    It is just a projected lineup for what we can expect on opening night. It is in no way set in stone and will probably be different on Friday night.
    We will see many different players and combinations during the first 10-15 games to see what works the best.
    Everybody will have a chance to earn a starting role before conference play.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-15-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Look for Taylor Burch to start Friday...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I'd like to see this lineup.

1: CF Corey White .333
    2: SS Ryan Gebhardt .400
    3: 1B Alex Williams .350
    4: DH Bre'shon Kimbell .438
    5: C Kyle Arnsberg .455
    6: RF Taylor Burch .400
    7: LF Stephen Gandy .333
    8: 3B Austin Hedges .300
    9: 2B Taylor Terrasas .313

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

From what I saw Sunday, I like this line-up to

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Good offensive numbers against 1 not very good team and 1 awful team. Personally, I don't like a lineup without Gordey in it.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Good offensive numbers against 1 not very good team and 1 awful team. Personally, I don't like a lineup without Gordey in it.
    Because I thought we looked shaky defensively in RF this weekend, I thought maybe we should try playing both Gordey and White in the outfield together. Then I figured that we needed to see what Burch can really do.

I picked White over Gordey mainly because of speed and base running. This weekend Gordey got caught stealing while White easily stole 2nd base. I remember last year when White won the Nevada game by scoring from 2nd on a wild pitch. Basically I trust that White can steal 2nd base every time there's 2 outs and subsequently score on any base hit by the guys behind him. Gordey struggled with the new bats early last season but eventually adjusted to come on strong at the end of the year. We really haven't seen what White can do at the plate yet.

It looks like Gordey will get 2/3 of the starts and White 1/3 unless one of them really elevates himself.

Changed my mind. I'd like to see this lineup Friday night.

2: SS Ryan Gebhardt .417
    3: 1B Alex Williams .375
    6: RF Sam Alvis .444
    7: 3B Austin Hedges .429
    8: LF Stephen Gandy .357
    9: 2B Taylor Terrasas .300

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

For anyone that saw any fall ball, any idea what the rotation/line-ups gonna look like this year?

+ Reply to Thread