+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Global Cooling III

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Dangerous Global Cooling III

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Or purchase offsets, which is what many of the outspoken activists do.
    so the privileged should continue to benefit from the benefits of fossil fuels as long as they purchase "offsets" but others can just give up things that make their lives better. it's easy to demand change when it doesn't cost you anything dear.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    so the privileged should continue to benefit from the benefits of fossil fuels as long as they purchase "offsets" but others can just give up things that make their lives better. it's easy to demand change when it doesn't cost you anything dear.
    You know the old adage that you don’t ask a subordinate to do anything you wouldn’t be willing to do yourself? Well, don’t ask anyone to give up something you wouldn’t be willing to do without yourself.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You guys are making a strawman argument.

It isn’t about fossil fuels OR renewables.

The debate is how much of today’s resources do we drive towards pushing the shift in the energy market towards renewables given the harm that fossil fuels cause to the climate.

Republicans abandoned their seat at the table of this debate by making the debate about denialism.
    Won't speak for the Republicans, since I am not one, and you certainly aren't either...Mr. Commie Comrade...but I will speak for myself. Bam! Right there is why you and all other wackos have ZERO credibility on this issue (and you have negative credibility overall). You think, pretend, the matter (the science) has been settled and either you accept the bullshit about man-made "climate change" OR!!!!!! you are in denial. I reject the premise.

Of course, I could flip the argument and state that either you accept the real science that climate change happens naturally, and has been happening forever, OR!!! you are a denier of this truth. So, you wackos have abandoned your seat at the table of this debate by making the debate about denialism.

There is NO DEBATE...climate change has been occurring for eons, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before man started using fossil fuels. Go ahead...deny that.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If you take someone like Bill Gates as an example, he doesn’t say we should stop using fossil fuels right now. That is a fringe group of activists. The serious activists believe in pushing the renewable shift faster than what would happen without intervention. They believe that the harms of global warming are not internalized in the cost of fossil fuels. It is an externality that society pays for regardless of who does the emitting. Buying an offset is one way of internalizing your costs if you maintain a carbon neutral footprint.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Purchasing offsets does nothing. They should cut their own emissions while demanding that everyone else do it.
    Yes they do. If you remove what you put out, the math says it is the same as if you didn’t emit CO2 in the first place.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do. If you remove what you put out, the math says it is the same as if you didn’t emit CO2 in the first place.
    I’m in 100% agreement with Dawg80 and PawDawg and Techman05. And the “global warmers” are such hypocrites and elitist!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm still waiting to see Goosey's credentials that makes him an expert on the real science of climatology.

In the meantime he'll hunker down with the other libtard elitists and pretend they can buy "offsets" so they can continue to burn FF 100's of times faster than the average Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm still waiting to see Goosey's credentials that makes him an expert on the real science of climatology.

In the meantime he'll hunker down with the other libtard elitists and pretend they can buy "offsets" so they can continue to burn FF 100's of times faster than the average Joe.
    I am not an expert, but I know I am more educated on the relevant sciences than you.

As far as offsets, if you are removing what you are putting out, what is the harm?

I am not an expert, but I know I am more educated on the relevant sciences than you.

As far as offsets, if you are removing what you are putting out, what is the harm?
    Great! so what science degrees do you hold, what experience do you have actually working in the field....etc...? I'm sure it is impressive!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Great! so what science degrees do you hold, what experience do you have actually working in the field....etc...? I'm sure it is impressive!
    surely you don't want to argue that someone needs scientific credentials to be able to adequately evaluate scientific claims. if that's the case, then we should all just uncritically accept the scientific "consensus".

I took the same classes as Bob at Tech.

No need to duck the question, it won’t bother me if you are “better educated” in science than I am. That science degree you hold from MIT trumps what I have, I’m sure. Lay it all out here. We give you permission to brag on yourself and won’t think you are anymore narcissistic than we already do.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

surely you don't want to argue that someone needs scientific credentials to be able to adequately evaluate scientific claims. if that's the case, then we should all just uncritically accept the scientific "consensus".
    I do think one needs certain scientific credentials to adequately evaluate claims. We are now being forced to accept the “science consensus” of Dr. Franken Fauci and the new Dem clown ADM.

No need to duck the question, it won’t bother me if you are “better educated” in science than I am. That science degree you hold from MIT trumps what I have, I’m sure. Lay it all out here. We give you permission to brag on yourself and won’t think you are anymore narcissistic than we already do.
    It is in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I do think one needs certain scientific credentials to adequately evaluate claims. We are now being forced to accept the “science consensus” of Dr. Franken Fauci and the new Dem clown ADM.
    so you're okay with this?

+ Reply to Thread