+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangerous Global Cooling III

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Dangerous Global Cooling III

Gawd, the stupidity runs rampant!

Besides, the rest of the world doesn't need us. We represent just 3% of the world's population. Let the rest of the world fix it.

Either that, or get those red necks to park their gas-guzzling pick-em-up-trucks!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

A Republican weatherman talks about climate change.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...04/02/douglas/

I'm going to tell you something that my Republican friends are loath to admit out loud: climate change is real. I'm a moderate Republican, fiscally conservative; a fan of small government, accountability, self-empowerment and sound science. I am not a climate scientist. I'm a Penn State meteorologist, and the weather maps I'm staring at are making me very uncomfortable. No, you're not imagining it: we've clicked into a new and almost foreign weather pattern.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Uh, the debate on global warming is about the cause and solution. Eviroterrorist and Libterrorist say it's man and want us living in the 1300's again. Everyone else blames it some on man, but mostly it is the Earth itself screwing with us and think there are ways to cutback on man-made problems without sacrificing creature comforts and the progression of man-kind.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    A Republican weatherman talks about climate change.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...04/02/douglas/

I'm going to tell you something that my Republican friends are loath to admit out loud: climate change is real. I'm a moderate Republican, fiscally conservative; a fan of small government, accountability, self-empowerment and sound science. I am not a climate scientist. I'm a Penn State meteorologist, and the weather maps I'm staring at are making me very uncomfortable. No, you're not imagining it: we've clicked into a new and almost foreign weather pattern.

Yep, it's April again.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Uh, the debate on global warming is about the cause and solution. Eviroterrorist and Libterrorist say it's man and want us living in the 1300's again. Everyone else blames it some on man, but mostly it is the Earth itself screwing with us and think there are ways to cutback on man-made problems without sacrificing creature comforts and the progression of man-kind.
    That's just plain wrong. Get a clue. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Yep, it's April again.
    He was talking about March, Duh.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

That's just plain wrong. Get a clue. Please.
    What part? Yeah, I exaggerated with the 1300's, but that's it. Everything else is correctly inline with contemporary thought. You are pushing the extremety, which is why I exaggerate "living in the 1300's".

What part? Yeah, I exaggerated with the 1300's, but that's it. Everything else is correctly inline with contemporary thought. You are pushing the extremety, which is why I exaggerate "living in the 1300's".
    Controlling CO2 emissions is really simple stuff. No rocket science is needed. The post-industrial society or whatever you want to call our current consumer society can function quite well in a zero CO2 emission world.

You remind me of the English genius who said, when the steam locomotive was first introduced, that Man could not travel faster than 25 MPH.

Controlling CO2 emissions is really simple stuff. No rocket science is needed. The post-industrial society or whatever you want to call our current consumer society can function quite well in a zero CO2 emission world.

You remind me of the English genius who said, when the steam locomotive was first introduced, that Man could not travel faster than 25 MPH.
    There is no technology available today that allow for a zero CO2 emission world. The only way to achieve that and control CO2 emissions is to not use anything.

I'm not limiting any possibilities, so I fail to see how that is possible.

Again, there are things that can be done. But the all out cutout of oil or anything else that is "bad" to you and the rest of the enviroterrorist fail to see how crippling it will be to absolutely every person on an individual level since there is nothing to replace it, as is the case now. The problem you and all the others are having is that there is nothing viable about "green technology" right now. That is not saying it will never be viable, just that it isn't right now.

There is no technology available today that allow for a zero CO2 emission world. The only way to achieve that and control CO2 emissions is to not use anything.

I'm not limiting any possibilities, so I fail to see how that is possible.

Again, there are things that can be done. But the all out cutout of oil or anything else that is "bad" to you and the rest of the enviroterrorist fail to see how crippling it will be to absolutely every person on an individual level since there is nothing to replace it, as is the case now. The problem you and all the others are having is that there is nothing viable about "green technology" right now. That is not saying it will never be viable, just that it isn't right now.
    We have been over this before. The technology is there NOW to make the change. What is missing is the political will to do it.

Of course, it will take several decades to do it but we have the technology to do it starting today.

Wind turbines, solar power plants, CNG vehicles, CO2 capture on coal-fired power plants, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gawd, the stupidity runs rampant!

Besides, the rest of the world doesn't need us. We represent just 3% of the world's population. Let the rest of the world fix it.

Either that, or get those red necks to park their gas-guzzling pick-em-up-trucks!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ons_per_capita

We have been over this before. The technology is there NOW to make the change. What is missing is the political will to do it.

Of course, it will take several decades to do it but we have the technology to do it starting today.

Wind turbines, solar power plants, CNG vehicles, CO2 capture on coal-fired power plants, etc.
    No we haven't, because I refuse to listen to your bullshit claims backed up by rainbows and unicorns. From the many other times through the years I've shown you that that is a lie, nothing has changed. You really need to read up on the crap you spread, especially what is involved in getting it made, shipped, installed, its use and maintenance, etc. You know, actually look at the details of the technology. Get beyond the cursory idea because it is labeled green it is green, because it's not.

No we haven't, because I refuse to listen to your bullshit claims backed up by rainbows and unicorns. From the many other times through the years I've shown you that that is a lie, nothing has changed. You really need to read up on the crap you spread, especially what is involved in getting it made, shipped, installed, its use and maintenance, etc. You know, actually look at the details of the technology. Get beyond the cursory idea because it is labeled green it is green, because it's not.
    Plenty of wind power generators in Oklahoma, Texas, etc. Solar power plants in Nevada, CO2 capture on coal-fired plants in Germany, CNG power cars by Honda, etc.

You are the one that is spreading the BS. I don't know why you are so negative about positive change.

Plenty of wind power generators in Oklahoma, Texas, etc. Solar power plants in Nevada, CO2 capture on coal-fired plants in Germany, CNG power cars by Honda, etc.

You are the one that is spreading the BS. I don't know why you are so negative about positive change.

You keep using those as examples, but you don't know anything about them. Like I said, you really need to read up on what is involved in getting them made, shipped, installed, its use and maintenance, etc.

Because it's not positive change.

I have to wonder: if you are so for cutting back CO2 emissions, why are you on the here?

The last ice age ended with an increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/st...d.html?cmp=rss

+ Reply to Thread