+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'd love to have a player like this on our team-all heart

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I'd love to have a player like this on our team-all heart

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Re: I'd love to have a player like this on our team-all heart

"I'd love to have a player like this on our team"

This is a little annoying to read. We get it, you don't like the results so far this year. No one does. But by all accounts I have heard from Jelena there is no shortage of heart on the team this year. These girls are going all out. Please don't confuse results with effort.

And to top it off you wrote this fresh off the gutsiest performance we have been treated to in a while (25 points in one half? Are you kidding me?), probably the biggest win of the year and the start of the season's home stretch when morale plays its most important role of the year.

Amazing story, I agree, but your thread title stinks imo.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post

This is a little annoying to read. We get it, you don't like the results so far this year. No one does. But by all accounts I have heard from Jelena there is no shortage of heart on the team this year. These girls are going all out. Please don't confuse results with effort.

And to top it off you wrote this fresh off the gutsiest performance we have been treated to in a while (25 points in one half? Are you kidding me?), probably the biggest win of the year and the start of the season's home stretch when morale plays its most important role of the year.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!! Our Techsters have a TON of heart!!!!!!!!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post

Actually you are totally wrong and there is nothing wrong with my title. If you can't be impressed with a kid that can come out and do that while battling cancer and chemo there is something wrong. It has nothing to do with this years team. It had everything to do with this young lady. I am sorry either of you were offended by the title- that is beyond my imagination. I would love this young lady on this years team, next years team, or any year. If you don't like that- sorry. There was simply no insult meant. I think you may have gotten a little paranoid if this bothered you. Why does someone complementing someone else mean a put down to this team?

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

You can't reconcile this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I'd love to have a player like this on our team
    With this:

It has nothing to do with this years team.

If you claim a slight on the team wasn't your intention then no problem, I believe you. Sorry for the miscommunication. But you can't claim "paranoid" when more than one poster read into your wording in the same negative way.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you are totally wrong and there is nothing wrong with my title. If you can't be impressed with a kid that can come out and do that while battling cancer and chemo there is something wrong. It has nothing to do with this years team. It had everything to do with this young lady. I am sorry either of you were offended by the title- that is beyond my imagination. I would love this young lady on this years team, next years team, or any year. If you don't like that- sorry. There was simply no insult meant. I think you may have gotten a little paranoid if this bothered you. Why does someone complementing someone else mean a put down to this team?
    It was the implication of how we were in need of "heart" on this team. It had nothing to do with this young lady, who anyone would love to have on their team. It was how it was worded. If you meant it another way, I offer my apologies. It is just that this Lady Techster team has shown on the court that they play with passion at heart. More players like that are exactly who we should be recruiting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Frickin Delaware is ranked 12th! I want a player like that big girl on our team. She has lifted UD from nowhere. Now, that's an impact player. And the kind of players we used to get, but don't seem to anymore.

Players like that is who we should be recruiting, and it only takes one success to pay dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Frickin Delaware is ranked 12th! I want a player like that big girl on our team. She has lifted UD from nowhere. Now, that's an impact player. And the kind of players we used to get, but don't seem to anymore.

Players like that is who we should be recruiting, and it only takes one success to pay dividends.
    I agree with that and I don't think anyone in their right mind wouldn't want her.......

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It was the implication of how we were in need of "heart" on this team. It had nothing to do with this young lady, who anyone would love to have on their team. It was how it was worded. If you meant it another way, I offer my apologies. It is just that this Lady Techster team has shown on the court that they play with passion at heart. More players like that are exactly who we should be recruiting.
    I am not and have never been a basher. I was trying to show someone awesome. If someone wants to make another negative thread I am sorry. I will go back to leaving this board alone- people are too upset about the season to be reasonable. You "know" me better Champion.

And Kiwi, I hate to disappoint you, but I could not even name 1 player and I have not followed 1 game. If they have heart I don't know- I hope they do. I want Spoon to be successful and have been to every final four we have gone to. I would love to see us a powerhouse again, but frankly you are so off base it is nuts. I saw a great story and thought women's basketball people would be interested. I don't care if you are or not, but please don't look for hate when there is none.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 02-13-2012 at 07:37 AM.

I am not and have never been a basher. I was trying to show someone awesome. If someone wants to make another negative thread I am sorry. I will go back to leaving this board alone- people are too upset about the season to be reasonable. You "know" me better Champion.

And Kiwi, I hate to disappoint you, but I could not even name 1 player and I have not followed 1 game. If they have heart I don't know- I hope they do. I want Spoon to be successful and have been to every final four we have gone to. I would love to see us a powerhouse again, but frankly you are so off base it is nuts. I saw a great story and thought women's basketball people would be interested. I don't care if you are or not, but please don't look for hate when there is none.
    Yes, I do know you. We are all just a little on edge (understatement)..... Don't worry about it...... With all the conference stuff and the Techsters not having a great start, we are all about to cliff dive............ Nothing personal at all! I know you are a huge fan and we shouldn't eat our own......

Puppy dtrain34 is an unknown

My daughter was an AAU team mate of Katie Collier's this past summer. I can't help but think Katie would crack up if she realized she had become an icon for an argument about what is or isn't wrong with the Lady Techsters. Small world .

Puppy natalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nicenatalie26 is just really nice

Great! Thanks for sharing

+ Reply to Thread