+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/19 Doubleheader vs. UT Arlington

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2/19 Doubleheader vs. UT Arlington

Gebhardt hits a 2-out RBI single to LF to score Bayliss.

Dawgs lead 8-4 after 7 innings.

Dudley to the mound.

UTA scores on a passed ball. 8-5 Tech

UTA hits a seeing-eye single throught the right side of the infield to score 2 runs. 8-7 Tech

Dud finally gets out of the jam. 8-7 Tech

Burch, Neel, Qualls due up in the bottom of the 8th.

Tech gets a couple singles and a couple stolen bases, but Tech fails to score.

Dud back to the mound to finish the game. Tech 8-7 Top 9th
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Ball game! Dawgs win 8-7!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

Other than the first inning how'd Gilley look?

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    People blame Sim for us not getting to any kind of post season. Ever. He's been the coach and we have been underfunded. If we can't get more money for baseball then lets see if we can get someone in here that can make due with what he's got.
    Not trying to start an argument just have an honest question, is our budget for baseball that much lower than everyone else's? I remember how good ulm's baseball team was when smoke was there and even the NSU teams with wells and then van horn and surely we spend as much as those programs. Again I am just asking because I have no idea what our budget for baseball is.

Last edited by Dawg06; 02-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

UTA fields some great baseball teams guys. They played TOP 20 and Top 10 competition very tight last year.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another coaching issue. Got to clear out the 16th floor in order to do a decades-overdue Spring cleaning of the entire university.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

I talked to a UTA players dad Friday night about what he thought UTA had this year. His words, "We arent that good, we were picked 9th, but should finish a little better than that in the Southland". He went on to say, "I wouldnt be surprised if yall bounced back and won the next two games easily". Either this players dad really underestimated how good UTA is this year, or its going to be a loooong season.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    I talked to a UTA players dad Friday night about what he thought UTA had this year. His words, "We arent that good, we were picked 9th, but should finish a little better than that in the Southland". He went on to say, "I wouldnt be surprised if yall bounced back and won the next two games easily". Either this players dad really underestimated how good UTA is this year, or its going to be a loooong season.
    UTA is not very good.

I think we will be fine if we elevate our defensive play.

Our pitching staff is not as bad as it appeared this weekend.

Our D made 2 errors against the first 4 hitters in Game 1, and it snowballed from there. Stefan got NO help.

Our hitters gave Gilley no offensive production in Game 2.

We made 7 errors this weekend, and that's with a kind scorekeeper.

There were several more plays that our D should or could have made, but they didn't.

From what I recall, Gandy made about the only nice defensive play to help our pitchers all weekend.

I think we only turned 1 double-play all weekend.

I recall 2 baserunning mistakes.

I hope and think these problems can be fixed.

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    Other than the first inning how'd Gilley look?
    Very good. He settled down and was very effective. Wheels fell off in the 6th after he came out.

Leslie Spoon, KTBS 3: LA Tech avoids the sweep against UTA

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Not trying to start an argument just have an honest question, is our budget for baseball that much lower than everyone else's? I remember how good ulm's baseball team was when smoke was there and even the NSU teams with wells and then van horn and surely we spend as much as those programs. Again I am just asking because I have no idea what our budget for baseball is.
    It is and has been less than all the current/previous WAC schools that field baseball programs...other than I do not know about Sac State that Benson just threw in as a band aid to have enough baseball programs in conference.

Unfortunately, we can not do anything for our sports outside football and basketball until these two sports become more consistently successful increasing season tickets, game attendance, post season appearances. Still have a way to go with basketball....about 4th rebuild cycle, which I can't stand as Administration never should have let that slide way back when on a roll.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    UTA is not very good.

I think we will be fine if we elevate our defensive play.

Our pitching staff is not as bad as it appeared this weekend.

Our D made 2 errors against the first 4 hitters in Game 1, and it snowballed from there. Stefan got NO help.

Our hitters gave Gilley no offensive production in Game 2.

We made 7 errors this weekend, and that's with a kind scorekeeper.

There were several more plays that our D should or could have made, but they didn't.

From what I recall, Gandy made about the only nice defensive play to help our pitchers all weekend.

I think we only turned 1 double-play all weekend.

I recall 2 baserunning mistakes.

I hope and think these problems can be fixed.
    Didn't UTA beat us last year too?

Hobie Artigue, KTVE 10: LA Tech drops series to UT-Arlington

+ Reply to Thread