+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth shall set you free

Bulldog BayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really niceBayouHawg is just really nice

The truth shall set you free

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: The truth shall set you free

Wow! He didn't hold back, did he

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Awesome. I like this guy.

"These guys have got to learn, they've got to grow up," Knight said. "They don't need to be coddled. They don't need to be babysat. That's why we have problems in society. People don't make kids accountable. It's just frustrating. I feel sorry for the fans, I feel sorry for the school. These kids are stealing money being on scholarship with their approach to things."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Any athletes' whose teams don't put paying fans in seats, help to create a market for the school's licensed gear, etc...are stealing. Would you pay employees who didn't produce revenue for your company? Nope, you wouldn't. I agree with most of what Coach Knight had to say. It's all true. And, all too common. But, I'd steer clear of the monetary argument as a measure against on-the-court/field effort and/or results.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Big problem with that argument is that the NCAA is very clear that they athletes are not employees. If they were, the NCAA wouldn't be able to get away with some of its rules.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

WOW! Good for Pat Knight.

HD

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He was honest. I have to agree with just about everything he said.

Puppy Ldogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the roughLdogg0123 is a jewel in the rough Ldogg0123's Avatar

Instantly just became a Pat Knight fan. The world needs more coaches like this.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

WOW a coach that isn't afraid to say what he believes, oh that's right his last name is Knight. Yes!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

"We've had problems with them off the court, on the court, classroom, drugs, being late for stuff. All that stuff correlates together if you're going to win games. You just can't do all that B.S. and expect to win games. And if people have a problem with me being harsh about it, I don't care. I came here to clean something up."

If he came there "to clean something up" why are they still on the team?

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Better for all to change them if he can.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    If he came there "to clean something up" why are they still on the team?
    My guess APR....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by BayouHawg View Post
    Sometimes we as coaches have to look at ourself as hard as we look and demand from our kids....I'm just sayin

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    Sometimes we as coaches have to look at ourself as hard as we look and demand from our kids....I'm just sayin
    I see that his seniors went out and produced in the next game. That said, talk about throwing his team under the bus.... geez!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    So true! I have seen it at all levels.

But, sometimes as coaches while our nearterm desire is to keep some great players on our team so we can WIN! We end up doing some good for a few kids too. I have experienced that on several occasions. I was willing to deal with a malcontent idiot just cuz he was so damn good! But, a funny thing happened along the way...he changed for the better. Told me I was the first person in his life that refused to give up on him. He is now a father of his own and has asked me to come out of retirement just so I can coach his kids too. That is the best compliment I have ever received as a coach....

But, yeah, some kids are just too disruptive for the overall good.

+ Reply to Thread