+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints Bounty Program

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: Saints Bounty Program

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I have to agree with D80. Every team has those types and I would have thought more penalties would have been assessed the Saints if true. They have NEVER been known as a dirty team (except maybe when Conrad Dobler, and his famous leg whip, was there about two years in the early 80's??) That said, if true, I'm still disappointed in some within the organization if it was an understood policy.
    Why do you keep saying "if true?" Greg Williams has already admitted to it. There is no "if" anymore. Now it just a matter of what will the penalty be.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Next question......

Are all the players formerly thought of as dirty really dirty players? Some Saints were considered a little dirty or overly aggressive (wait, isn't that football?). Suh is considered dirty. Was he considered a dirty or "after the whistle" type player at Nebraska? I don't seem to remember that. Could it be that Suh was encouraged to step on players or go after a player a little late because of a bounty? Think about it........."You know, we stand a very good chance of winning the NFC if Brees, Rogers, and Manning aren't in the way." Are they that bad coming into the league or is money really the root of all evil?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh, this is gay. This is Goodell and crew acting like they give two craps about the players. You know, the same guy who wanted to increase the reg season by 2 games, which would cause way more injuries than any pittance bounty they put on hurting other team's players.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    This could send us back to the paper sack on our head kind of days. If we keep Brees he won't have anyone to throw to because all our players will be gone. Our defense will be crushed by these allegations. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    Brees doesnt need good WRs. You think Devery Henderson is any good? He throws Colston open more than anyone else, that guy gets little separation if it isnt zone coverage. Lance Moore almost had 1,000 yards one season. That guy wouldnt sniff that amount without an elite QB. Good WRs are a luxury in the Saints O. You can have 1-2 solid guys and be fine with the fillers, a la Patriots style. We just havent seen anyone leave yet, so it is hard to imagine it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Brees doesnt need good WRs. You think Devery Henderson is any good? He throws Colston open more than anyone else, that guy gets little separation if it isnt zone coverage. Lance Moore almost had 1,000 yards one season. That guy wouldnt sniff that amount without an elite QB. Good WRs are a luxury in the Saints O. You can have 1-2 solid guys and be fine with the fillers, a la Patriots style. We just havent seen anyone leave yet, so it is hard to imagine it.
    I agree with most of what you say. However, I do think most of our guys could be good in other systems, otherwise they wouldn't be in the league. I think they are better in our system because Brees does throw them open, but they do a lot with the ball after they have it too.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I read somewhere that this sort of incentive program is against the rules even without the injury aspect. Is that true? Why would offering rewards for fumble recoveries be a violation of the collective bargaining agreement? Did I misread?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

If this were the Cowboys Tyler would be OUTRAGED!!!

If they still have the same GM he needs to be fired. Benson said he told him to end the program and he flat out didn't do it. If I am an owner and I tell one of my employees to do something they damn well better do it. And Williams said he KNEW it was wrong but "got caught up in it" and kept it going. Players from Williams former teams are coming out and saying he did this where ever he coached. He is the one that should take the brunt of this. Coach Payton knew about it as well and didn't do anything about it. No Bueno.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So?

Saw on the NFL Today show last night, on one of the many ESPN channels, a LONG discussion about this issue. Seems OTHER teams around the league have been way more responsible for injuring opposing players, measured by how many game-ending, and in some cases season-ending injuries, have actually occured. A just retired NY Giant, an OL, was on the show and stated before this story broke if he were to list the Top 10 "dirtiest" teams in the NFL, the Saints wouldn't have made the list.

So, if true, we didn't get our money's worth, apparently.

But, all of this "outrage" is just another example of the pussification of America. The refs have control on the field during games. If any team is taking cheap shots, the refs flag (or should) 'em. My Gawd! how many STUPID penalties do you see when someone's pinky grazes a QB's helmet! Or, the equally stupid "hit out of bounds" calls! With all of that, you're gonna tell me a team could get away with taking cheap shots, designed to actually hurt a player? Gimme a break.

And, on top of that, the silly NFL reviews tapes of every game LOOKING for violations of the rules, and hand out fines weeks after the fact. How many Saints were so fined this past season? Oh, exactly ONE! How 'bout the Steelers? Oh, TEN! The Giants? Eight! Even the lowly Browns had FIVE! Just about every team had at least one, and many had many more.

More silliness. The nation had better regrow a pair...and quick.
    If the Saints had a pair they wouldn't need extra money to go and hit the QB hard in the first place. They should do it because it's their damn job. They play football for a living. Getting to put on a Saints uniform and play a game for a living in the Superdome in front of all those awesome fans should be incentive enough. Having to put a program like this in place to begin with is evidence of "the pussification of America" more than anything else. Well that and whining about it after you get caught. Don't do the crime if you are too feminine to do the time.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they smack us pretty hard. I hope Loomis loses his job too. I wish Greg Williams was still here so we could fire him. I would almost be willing to part ways with Patyon right now. My Saints mood is not good.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I hope they smack us pretty hard. I hope Loomis loses his job too. I wish Greg Williams was still here so we could fire him. I would almost be willing to part ways with Patyon right now. My Saints mood is not good.
    I think they are going to smack them pretty hard, but if you read the details it's really not that big a deal.

Williams needs to get hit the hardest. I don't care if he is with a new team. He admitted he did it. He admitted he knew it was wrong and did it anyways. His excuse: "I got carried away with it." It has been shown he does this where ever he goes. I think everyone else should get a fine and the NFL should move on. Sorry for his new team (Cards??) but he needs to be suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If the Saints had a pair they wouldn't need extra money to go and hit the QB hard in the first place. They should do it because it's their damn job. They play football for a living. Getting to put on a Saints uniform and play a game for a living in the Superdome in front of all those awesome fans should be incentive enough. Having to put a program like this in place to begin with is evidence of "the pussification of America" more than anything else. Well that and whining about it after you get caught. Don't do the crime if you are too feminine to do the time.

come on BD, we all know big hits are glorified and rewarded in all ages of football, especially high school. That is how you earn the decals on your helmet most of the time when you are defense. Everyone knows bounties were very common 10-15 years ago, heard many players (especially Cris Carter) talk about on ESPN before. I really dont care if they did it or if anyone else does it. The NFL's excitement is mostly about the big hits, everyone likes to see them. We dont like to see people get hurt, but is the risk premium they are paid for doing the job, just like any other dangerous job (underwater drilling, private security forces in Iraq). Sadly, those who put the most at stake (our troops), dont get paid dick.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Fiddle dee dee. It's football. Not ballet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Fiddle dee dee. It's football. Not ballet.
    Exactly. I agree.

So why does a player need another $3,000 to do what he is already being paid $4,000,000 to do????????

If these guys need extra motivation they are in the wrong profession.

+ Reply to Thread