+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: House Bill 964 & Senate Bill 527 (merger of LSU-Shreveport and LA Tech)

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Re: House Bill 964 & Senate Bill 527 (merger of LSU-Shreveport and LA Tech)

Neil Riser is listed on Senate bill as an author now.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

http://senate.la.gov/Education/Assignments.asp
    http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/H_CMTE_ED.asp

Need to get these people on board so this doesn't die in committee

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Keep in mind that the bill was one of the last bills to be submitted before the filing deadline on Friday after the BOR agreed to the recommendations three days earlier. The legislature convenes in seven days, and the bills will be debated in their respective education committees in each chamber.
    You do realize what I do for a living and that I'm more versed than probably 90% of the people on this board about how a bill is authored, submitted and assigned to commitee in each house?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You do realize what I do for a living and that I'm more versed than probably 90% of the people on this board about how a bill is authored, submitted and assigned to commitee in each house?
    Question, what do you do for a living?!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Probably closer to 100%.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

You posted earlier that you found the lack of a NW Louisiana coauthor on the bills to be very troubling. My response to you about how the proposal has advanced from the BOR to the legislature so far was part of my argument that the lack of a NW LA coauthor was not troubling to me at this point in time.

I do not know what you do for a living. I didn't intend to belittle you or show you any disrespect in my previous post to you about the process.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Not saying you did -

Just saying that in my job as a Parish Administrator I have close contact with alot of those legislators and have worked hand in hand with them on numerous bills in both houses and what it TAKES to ensure getting a bill out of committee and passage through both houses...

IF your local delegation is not 100% all in - you can just about kiss it goodbye...

There are several in that local delegation who feel that association with LSU in any shape form or fashion has to be maintained at all costs -

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Question, what do you do for a living?!
    Ponificate and have underlings kiss the ring...

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

The LSU BOR and the chancellor of the BR campus want this to happen. There is no united, organized resistance. I expect it to pass.

LFR I hope you are correct, but I am hearing there is some consternation amongst the local delegation about maintaining LSU-S in the LSU system....

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

LFR I hope you are correct, but I am hearing there is some consternation amongst the local delegation about maintaining LSU-S in the LSU system....
    Dwayne,
    Is this consternation such that legislators would do this if their local business community is in favor of the change?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    Dwayne,
    Is this consternation such that legislators would do this if their local business community is in favor of the change?
    I don't know for sure, but I'm leaning towards yes because they are term limited...

I find it interesting that most are "non-commital" at this stage in the game -

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    The LSU BOR and the chancellor of the BR campus want this to happen. There is no united, organized resistance. I expect it to pass.
    I believe this has a better chance of passing than the UNO-SUNO merger plan last year. The LSUS-LA Tech merger proposal should pass if it is judged based solely on the plan's merits. However, with Louisiana politics, I'm not so certain.

IMO, two people other than Michael Martin to look at are Bobby Jindal and Cedric Glover. Governor Jindal owns the Louisiana House and the Senate after the 2011 elections. If Jindal comes out in support of the plan, that will go a long way to securing passage of the bill. If Mayor Glover supports the plan as was indicated by Michael Woods during the BOR meeting last week, that will go a long way to securing support from at least some members of the Black Caucus.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that both Jindal and Glover will support this. The noncommitals saw have nasty the SUNO/ UNO got and are waiting for guidance. If this succeeds and I think it will, Tech will all but claim flagship stays in North LA.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

My point in previous posts has been that we haven't heard anything from the pro-merger crowd. Wouldn't you think that at least one of the many people and organizations that we hear are pro-merger would speak up. The silence has been deafening.

+ Reply to Thread