+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: House Bill 964 & Senate Bill 527 (merger of LSU-Shreveport and LA Tech)

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: House Bill 964 & Senate Bill 527 (merger of LSU-Shreveport and LA Tech)

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    If you are associating speech patterns or word phrases with the head coach of LSU football, odds are you're listening just a little too much to LSU. :icon_wink:
    We can't help it if it's shoved down our throats by the local media.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    So is it just me or did Les Miles introduce that into everyone's vocabulary. Shouldn't it be desire. It seems like back in the day someone used to say "want to" as in having the "want to" to get something done in place of will.

Using "the want" seems like it has taken off since the mad hatter took over at lsu.

Not Les Miles but Conway Twitty....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    If you are associating speech patterns or word phrases with the head coach of LSU football, odds are you're listening just a little too much to LSU. :icon_wink:
    Well, whatever man. Living in south Louisiana does expose me to a lot of lsu sports talk, but saying that I follow lsu is quite a stretch. I do enjoy the occasional Les Miles quote though. "The want" is just something that stuck out to me that made Leslie sound particularly like an idiot, and now I am hearing more and more people use the phrase. Maybe that makes me an lsu follower, or maybe you should try some decaff and not build straw men to knock down:icon_wink:.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Not Les Miles but Conway Twitty....

Want to is different. Who doesn't love some Conway Twitty?

I think maybe that is where Miles got it from and it just went horribly wrong from there.
    'This team has the want of a championship team'
    'Player X has the want required to be the best at his position"

sorry, I thought it was funny at first when Miles used it, but now it seems like it is popping up more and more and it's getting annoying.

+ Reply to Thread