+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints put franchise tag on Brees, sides remain far apart

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Saints put franchise tag on Brees, sides remain far apart

Is it BREES, or is it BREES-by-way-of-his-AGENT? I'm pretty sure Drew as a person is as good as we all think/thought he is/was. The business side, aka The Agent, is shrewd and all about the $$$

I just don't think just ANYBODY can do Nyquil commercials... "Quarterback Sacked"

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Is it BREES, or is it BREES-by-way-of-his-AGENT? I'm pretty sure Drew as a person is as good as we all think/thought he is/was. The business side, aka The Agent, is shrewd and all about the $$$

I just don't think just ANYBODY can do Nyquil commercials... "Quarterback Sacked"
    THe agent acts on behalf of the player. If Brees wanted to sign the contract he would have.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Brees is worth it, in my opinion. Based on the last 3-4 years, certianly last year. Asking for 23 million is just bargaining. The Saints offered 18, that's bargaining too. Both sides are doing it. More than likely, he will "settle" on 19-20 million.

I'd ask for as much as I think I'm worth too. Who here wouldn't do that given the same situation. Market value says he's worth as much as Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Tom Brady and the higest paid QB, which might surprise you.

AND if/when he wins another Super Bowl, how many here will come down on him for making "too much" $$. I won't. Most, if not all Saints fans here will be singing his praises, even those who have said some not so nice things about him because his initial asking price is too much.

By the way, Mark Sanchez of the Jets makes 17 million a year. Brees is worth only one million more than that?..again, based on market value. Wanna blame someone for what Brees is asking, don't blame him, blame the Jets and Mark Sanchez. http://www.numeroten.com/top10/sport...-nfl-2011.html
    Last edited by Tdawg87; 03-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Brees is worth it, in my opinion. Based on the last 3-4 years, certianly last year. Asking for 23 million is just bargaining. The Saints offered 18, that's bargaining too. Both sides are doing it. More than likely, he will "settle" on 19-20 million.

I'd ask for as much as I think I'm worth too. Who here wouldn't do that given the same situation. Market value says he's worth as much as Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Tom Brady and the higest paid QB, which might surprise you.

AND if/when he wins another Super Bowl, how many here will come down on him for making "too much" $$. I won't. Most, if not all Saints fans here will be singing his praises, even those who have said some not so nice things about him because his initial asking price is too much.

By the way, Mark Sanchez of the Jets makes 17 million a year. Brees is worth only one million more than that?..again, based on market value. Wanna blame someone for what Brees is asking, don't blame him, blame the Jets and Mark Sanchez. http://www.numeroten.com/top10/sport...-nfl-2011.html
    Again -

Prior to the kick of the 2011 season he was offered a contract (after Peyton's new contract) that would have made him the highest paid player in the NFL...

Which in my book is about as market as you can get -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Again -

Prior to the kick of the 2011 season he was offered a contract (after Peyton's new contract) that would have made him the highest paid player in the NFL...

Which in my book is about as market as you can get -
    Agreed and he will wind up being the highest paid after it's all said and done. Personally, it it were me, I would have signed the contract in a heartbeat because of possible injury..(See Peyton Manning)...but he made a decision to wait. His right. He wants the same deal Manning signed before the neck injury saga of this past season. I don't know the particulars of the contract he was offered before 2011 season. It would have made him the higest paid, but I think it is the first three years of the contract that was the hold up, plus guaranteed money. Again, I don't know what that could have been, but it must have been a problem for him not to accept it. We only get the highlights of what the contract is, so we don't know the details. Probably as I said, has something to do with gauranteed money. Once you are cut in the NFL, you don't get paid, no buyouts like in the NBA or MLB. That's where I give Brees the benefit of the doubt and that's hard to do given all the money being thrown around. I get that.

My point is that he has proven (to me) that he deserves every penny he can get, going forward, especially after what he did this past year and with Sanchez being the highest paid, everyone should agree that Brees is miles ahead of the Jets QB and deserves more, based on market value and performance on the field.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Agreed and he will wind up being the highest paid after it's all said and done. Personally, it it were me, I would have signed the contract in a heartbeat because of possible injury..(See Peyton Manning)...but he made a decision to wait. His right. He wants the same deal Manning signed before the neck injury saga of this past season. I don't know the particulars of the contract he was offered before 2011 season. It would have made him the higest paid, but I think it is the first three years of the contract that was the hold up, plus guaranteed money. Again, I don't know what that could have been, but it must have been a problem for him not to accept it. We only get the highlights of what the contract is, so we don't know the details. Probably as I said, has something to do with gauranteed money. Once you are cut in the NFL, you don't get paid, no buyouts like in the NBA or MLB. That's where I give Brees the benefit of the doubt and that's hard to do given all the money being thrown around. I get that.

My point is that he has proven (to me) that he deserves every penny he can get, going forward, especially after what he did this past year and with Sanchez being the highest paid, everyone should agree that Brees is miles ahead of the Jets QB and deserves more, based on market value and performance on the field.
    But there is a limit to what the team can pay him. and still give him the players around him he needs to win.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Bree's is not worth losing a core of good players. Replace an All Pro guard with a free agent and Colston with Moss. Does he want to be mediocre or win another Super Bowl?

What the Saints could get for Bree's would set them up for success. Trade him.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    What the Saints could get for Bree's would set them up for success. Trade him.
    Tech77 and myself had that discussion Wednesday - and I threw in one more caveat - bring in Peyton and draft a qb to be his understudy the next 2 years...

I'm glad I never invested in a Brees jersey -

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I think bringing in Peyton would be the only way this franchise could save face if they lost Brees.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Tech77 and myself had that discussion Wednesday - and I threw in one more caveat - bring in Peyton and draft a qb to be his understudy the next 2 years...

You should be scared because we think alike. I would love to let him go if we could get PM for one year and draft a QB. We could keep the core players we need and not end up with a sucky team with a good QB that can't be effective due to no blocking. He set himself up to be something he isn't in my opinion. He is all about "big number one" and that is fine. He is one of the best, but he could go and I wouldn't care at this point as long as they have someone to replace him- PM would be that replacement- or trade up and get one of the highly regarding QBs this year.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Amazing how the perception of Brees has changed over this. Worst thing to happen to his camp is the word got out that he turned the biggest contract before last season. Im still a Brees guy but I dont like the way this is playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Amazing how the perception of Brees has changed over this. Worst thing to happen to his camp is the word got out that he turned the biggest contract before last season. Im still a Brees guy but I dont like the way this is playing out.
    When you try to "manage" your image and try to get people to "think" they know the type of person you actually are, instead of just being who you are (assuming you are a good person) and let the chips fall where they may in the matter of public appeal things tend to turn on you more quickly...

And this is the case with Brees -

In the end its a business - its hard to "spin" turning down a contract that would have made you the highest paid player in the league

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

When you try to "manage" your image and try to get people to "think" they know the type of person you actually are, instead of just being who you are (assuming you are a good person) and let the chips fall where they may in the matter of public appeal things tend to turn on you more quickly...

And this is the case with Brees -

In the end its a business - its hard to "spin" turning down a contract that would have made you the highest paid player in the league
    Well, let's not forget, Drew Brees is the same guy who threatened to sue his own MOTHER for goodness sake.

http://news.lalate.com/2010/02/03/dr...er-mina-brees/

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So who's do you wear?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So who's do you wear?
    #8 or #77 or #7

+ Reply to Thread