+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You'd be surprised

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

You'd be surprised

. . . what you hear when you see friends at a conference in Myrtle Beach.
    Monday, I had two friends who know me as a LA TECH man asks "What has happened to the Lady Techsters?"
    One is a diehard Georgia Bulldog who lives in Athens. The other, an Auburn diehard who lives in west Georgia.
    The Bulldog guy even said, "Isn't that where Kim Mulkey played and coached?"

And Tech's national reputation/awareness is just football?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: You'd be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . what you hear when you see friends at a conference in Myrtle Beach.
    Monday, I had two friends who know me as a LA TECH man asks "What has happened to the Lady Techsters?"
    One is a diehard Georgia Bulldog who lives in Athens. The other, an Auburn diehard who lives in west Georgia.
    The Bulldog guy even said, "Isn't that where Kim Mulkey played and coached?"

And Tech's national reputation/awareness is just football?
    The Lady Techsters were the only team that ever competed in a major sport at the highest level for Tech. It brought pride to our university and to the region. I want our football and MBB to reach those levels one day and, hopefully, our Techsters to return. When you are winning National Championships on the highest level, you bring national attention to your university. I am proud to be a Lady Techster fan and have not given up hope that we can get back.

If you ask anyone who is powerful in WBB now, they can name a few (even if they aren't WBB fans). They will tell you Tennessee, UConn, and some will say Baylor. 10 years ago, Louisiana Tech was in that answer. Good company to keep.

I am not saying WBB should be our #1 priority, but fans want to be known for something. We were known....... Now is the time to be known again for that and for our other major sports. Looks like we are on our way with MBB and Football to becoming competitive. I don't know if we can become a UConn in MBB or a Alabama in football, but that should be the goal - along with getting the Lady Techsters back to the top. People talk about revenue producing sports and I agree with them. The one thing they don't count, though, is name recognition being the most useful marketing tool out there. It is an intangible that is worth money.

I have faith that the Techsters can return. We (despite what some think) have not hit rock bottom. We are just not what we are used to being. We had a half year of Spoon turning the program around, a full year of close to top 25 ranking and an at-large bid to the dance, and now are having a small step back due to inconsistency. All Spoon recruits will be with us next year and we can build from Whitney Frazier and Lulu Perry..........

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I've been stopped in several foreign countries when wearing a TECH cap or t-shirt...it was always either a Terry Bradshaw, Karl Malone, or Lady Techster comment...and usually the latter.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The Lady Techsters were the only team that ever competed in a major sport at the highest level for Tech.
    Our ace in the hold for "THE ALLIANCE".

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Our ace in the hold for "THE ALLIANCE".
    No, I did not state that. If you read my post, I stated that I would LOVE for MBB and football to get to the highest level. That should be our goal. We don't have to leave the Lady Techsters behind to do that. Football will get us into the alliance and, I hope, MBB is showing that they can compete now, as well.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Champ, Maddawg gets a little touchy about our glass is half full attitude, but I think this time he was pulling your leg just a bit, because I don't see how he could have interpreted your post in that way.

FYI, I played golf with a big LSU fan yesterday and told him I went to Louisiana Tech, he mentioned the Lady Techsters, but not our football team, which I guess is what makes some of our loyal fans upset. Perhaps they see it as a putdown. Like you I just pull for all of Tech's teams.

Unlike many, and probably most on this board, I am not really a spectator sports fan, I am only a Louisiana Tech spectator sports fan.

+ Reply to Thread