+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Times-Picayune: Kalani/PJ/Dee? Brown

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Times-Picayune: Kalani/PJ/Dee? Brown

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/new...pionship-game/

Nuke

Sorry about the ? behind Dee, supposed to be a /

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Times-Picayune: Kalani/PJ/Dee? Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke Dawg View Post
    http://highschoolsports.nola.com/new...pionship-game/

Nuke

Sorry about the ? behind Dee, supposed to be a /
    Good article......... This girl has 3 more years of offers and schools chasing her. Going to be difficult for her. Hopefully, we will have a shot.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

You would think we should have the inside track to her but it might be diffucult to if the top programs are trying to get her!
    Now, on the other hand if by chance TSpoon and company could by chance get the program back to a national level before her Jr. or Sr. year with the help from Lulu, Dogo, Frazier, and Shelton...we might actually have a great oppertunity to grab this one!
    Good luck to the Brown family in the State High School Tourney!
    Also, retireing PJ's number and putting him on the Tech Hall of Fame at the appropriate time might be a impressive event for the family!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I am glade both women's and men's teams are in the conference tournement, but I wish they could be home this weekend, also, to meet and greet all these high school players at the TAC.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    . . .Also, retireing PJ's number and putting him on the Tech Hall of Fame at the appropriate time might be a impressive event for the family!
    This has appeared a couple of time, but to the uninformed, PJ is already in the Tech Hall of Fame.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I actually thought he had made it there but was confused with what I had seen or read on here as well! Does that mean his jersey has been retired as well?
    Thanks for keeping the facts straight here! Thanks for clai
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    This has appeared a couple of time, but to the uninformed, PJ is already in the Tech Hall of Fame.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

No, his jersey has NOT been retired.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    No, his jersey has NOT been retired.
    Jackie Moreland
    Karl Malone
    Leon Baremore (I NEVER understood this one)

Are the only 3 retired...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I always felt like Baremore should have been retired on the Techster's side. We are long overdue on a couple of retiring if you ask me.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Jackie Moreland
    Karl Malone

Tech hall of fame is a joke.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Jackie Moreland
    Karl Malone

Don't tell that to the alumni that had the pleasure of watching Leon rain down the shots, at what would be 3 pointers today, and play tenacious defense. I wish I had been around then to see him play.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Kalani struggled in the 4A title game against STM as Salmen fell by 17. She picked up 2 fouls in under three minutes as STM took it right at her, and she finished the game with 3 points, 8 boards and 4 blocks. That said, it's easy to see the talent. She's a legit 6-4 and very coordinated for such as young player. And she looks so much like her father. She's a skilled lefty who rebounds well and is an intimidating presence in the paint. She has a long way to go offensively, even though she was Salmen's leading scorer at 14 points per game this year. The thing that impressed me the most about her game were her demeanor (she never got down, despite the early foul trouble and the game being a blowout) and her recognition of the double team and ability to pass out of the post. That's something that a lot of young players simply don't understand.

Watch out for Salmen in the future. Not only was Kalani just a freshman, but the two best other players are sophomores in Megan Brown (no idea if there's a relation to PJ and Kelani) and Hayley Pichon (who I'm assuming is related to Tech defensive tackle Malcolm Pichon, who came from Salmen).
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Don't tell that to the alumni that had the pleasure of watching Leon rain down the shots, at what would be 3 pointers today, and play tenacious defense. I wish I had been around then to see him play.
    I have and most agree with me...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    You would think we should have the inside track to her but it might be diffucult to if the top programs are trying to get her!
    Now, on the other hand if by chance TSpoon and company could by chance get the program back to a national level before her Jr. or Sr. year with the help from Lulu, Dogo, Frazier, and Shelton...we might actually have a great oppertunity to grab this one!
    Good luck to the Brown family in the State High School Tourney!
    Also, retireing PJ's number and putting him on the Tech Hall of Fame at the appropriate time might be a impressive event for the family!
    It appears to me that LA TECH has been very remiss in not giving P. J. his due. There must be a reason. Does anyone know anything. He was a standout player at both the collegiate level and the professional level. To the best of my knowledge he has been a good husband, good father, a good citizen, and he has avoided any hint of scandal. Also, to the best of my knowledge, he has not fathered any children outside of his marriage. That is more than anyone can say about the man whose signature adorns the TAC basketball court.

As for the suggestion that retiring his jersey and putting him in the Tech Hall of Fame at the appropriate time might influence his daughter's choice of a university is classless. P. J. and Dee were not only gifted athletes, but they are two very intelligent human beings as well. They would see through that in a heart beat.

If I were in their shoes, the decision would be left entirely up to my daughter and to no one else, and I would not lobby her on behalf of Tech.

Nope! IMHO Tech hasn't treated P. J. with the respect that he earned. It may be much to late to change that too. I would think that he and Dee have a very bad taste in their mouths.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    There are several players better than Barmore who have not had their number retired.

Dell called it. He should have been retired as a coach, not a player, but that would not have been fair to S.H. so in DR's and CS's PC world it was better to be unfair to a bunch of MBB players who they hope everyone has forgotten about.

Yes, the Tech HOF is a joke.

+ Reply to Thread