+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Face Aggies in WAC Semifinals

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Face Aggies in WAC Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Wow, I sure hope the emotions carry over to the game with Fresno today!
    I am sure if TSpoon thinks she might have reacted improperly she will definately take the high road today!
    Both the Techsters and Bulldogs played with incredible intensity in their games and I just hope it didn't
    drain them and we can get both of them in the NCAA's!
    Go Techsters and Bulldogs!

You and I were thinking along the same lines but you beat me to the punch .

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    No not at all. What will happen, will happen. I have a ton of respect for tech in every sport. I just think Spoon is a tool and over reacted to the situation (just like i have in this thread yet again).
    Buchanan...you're probably a decent guy, but you just earned some RED from me. You don't call ANY of my coaches "a tool" on BB&B and get away clean. Ass hat.

HD

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Losing Coach

WINNING Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoon.jpg

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Champ, I have stated before that I love spoon. I have never posted one negative thing about her until this. I thought the same thing about the Detroit lions head coach when he had to be held back from going after harbaugh. Harbaugh was clearly in the wrong, but it still looked childish for Schwartz to go after him like that. Spoon was clearly innocent in how the altercation started, but she took it too far.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I saw the incident live. Haven't had a chance to see any replays. It appeared to me that the Aggies' coach expected Spoon to stop and exchange a few words. However, it seemed to me that Spoon appeared to be intent on blowing by her with just a cursory handshake. This may be the reason why the Aggies' coach appeared to hold onto Spoon's hand. Perhaps she wanted to talk.

Also, Spoon needs to learn how to smile more. Smiles have a way of disarming hostility. When she met the other coach for the traditional handshake, she still had her game face on. The game was over and Spoon had won. Why not smile? Last night, Mike White and the Dawgs pulled off a major upset. After the game, Mike and the Nevada coach met, shook hands, and chatted for a few seconds. They both exhibited class.

While coaching on the sidelines, Spoon is very conservative with her smiles and very liberal with her frowns and scowls to her players and the officials. Granted, this year she hasn't had a whole lot to smile about.

I have only been in close proximity to Spoon one time. She was sitting in an aisle seat watching one of the Dawgs games. I was walking up the steps to the concourse, and I passed within two feet of her. As I approached her, I acknowledge her presence by smiling at her. She looked at me and never changed expression. She gave me herl "mad at the world" expression. It was a cold stare. Not very good PR if you ask me. Heck, it was not even very good elementary human relations.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I saw the incident live. Haven't had a chance to see any replays. It appeared to me that the Aggies' coach expected Spoon to stop and exchange a few words. However, it seemed to me that Spoon appeared to be intent on blowing by her with just a cursory handshake. This may be the reason why the Aggies' coach appeared to hold onto Spoon's hand. Perhaps she wanted to talk.
    Nope. That's not even close to what happened. You should watch the replay. Spoon said "Good game," and the USU coach never stopped nor opened her mouth.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. That's not even close to what happened. You should watch the replay. Spoon said "Good game," and the USU coach never stopped nor opened her mouth.
    It doesn't matter..... Those intent on making this about Spoon have already done so and are not changing their minds. I am proud of her! Now, let's go beat Fresno!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

First of all I just wanted to apologize for not giving good updates about our trip. We've been with the Techsters since the Fresno game and I thought I would try to check in with the board as much as possible but we seem to be constantly on the run doing stuff and I'm hardly ever at the computer. So sorry about that.

FWIW I thought Spoon handled the postgame thing just fine. Her reaction was to say "don't do that". If that's an overreaction then the only possible downgrade from there was to simply ignore it. Maybe that would have been the right move and maybe not. But once she decided to give some sort of reaction then simply saying "don't do that" seems pretty benign to me. Once things escalated between the players she acted quickly and firmly by getting her players to the locker room ASAP and diffusing the situation.

I think DogsWin said it best.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yawn. Play ball.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

That's me in the blue in the upper right corner Jelena's mother is two to my right in the red.

Thanks Kiwi! Good to have a first hand response....... Yell loud this afternoon and let's beat the bad dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread