+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Championship Game: Fresno St. vs. LA Tech

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Re: Championship Game: Fresno St. vs. LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    She is so focused on looking like a man that the sports caster referred to her as "he" twice during the game yesterday. Did he err twice or was he sending a not so subtle message?
    It is ok Champ 110 good to see what Sharkys real issue is with Spoon. Good job showing the real issue you have, not about coaching ability but how she looks.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

you are right about recuirts. she has not even got in the door with and players that are considering the sec and big 12. however, i know she has tried but cant get in on them.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    It is ok Champ 110 good to see what Sharkys real issue is with Spoon. Good job showing the real issue you have, not about coaching ability but how she looks.
    While I do not speak for Sharky, I think he/she is pointing out that while Techster fans mock Griner and refer to her as a man and mock other teams' coaches and refer to them in unflattering terms, Sharky was pointing out that to the non-Techster fans (a couple of whom were watching the game with me yesterday) could not tell if Spoon was a man or a woman. What she wears, who she loves, how she looks are all off-topic as far as I'm concerned. That said, (and whether or not it is comfortable to discuss is irrelevant) to some outsiders who are more conservative and traditional Spoon's appearance may be a bit much to take. I for one don't care about her appearance. Many mocked Budke's appearance (hair, particularly) and Leon's scowl.

Phil, I totally understand your response, and can see where you would get that from the post. But Sharky is not homophobic and is not mocking Spoon's appearance or orientation. Sharky HAD pointed out repeatedly his opinion of her coaching ability, or lack thereof.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Well, I could care less about all the stuff about her. I just care if she can get players and coach them.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree that another season like this next year will call for some really serious decisions to have to be made but it will be people in the correct spots making those decisions.

Spoon answers to her superiors and as bad as some of us don't like it she doesn't answer to us.
    Philgarris, you're on target here. If I could multi-quote I'd also quote HogDog that "a .500 (or thereabouts) record just doesn't cut it for the Lady Techsters."

I expect 2012-13 to be a major transformation from this year, looking for results (wins) but just an eye-popping raising in play and energy and feistiness and consistent effort. No shocking performances like Hawaii at home and Nevada on the road. I expect us to show noticeable improvement as the season goes along. I think we'll get just that from our returning players, new Techsters, and complete coaching staff. Also, I love the look on Whitney Frazier's face in the Utah State photos (last photo on link below). She's talented, a battler, and going to develop into a real leader for us.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...ifinals/page15
    Last edited by Russdawg; 03-11-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    you are right about recuirts. she has not even got in the door with and players that are considering the sec and big 12. however, i know she has tried but cant get in on them.
    This is what suprises me the most. I thought she may need some on the job training as far as coaching goes, but recruiting was going to be a breeze. I am willing to give her one more year to make some improvements.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    So what?
    May I respond to you with a question. What if Mike White appeared on the side line intent on doing everything that he could to look like a woman--dress, padded bra, high heels, panty hose, nail polish, makeup, typical female hair style, and etc.? What would be your reaction to such a scene?

You, Champion110, were one of the posters that ridiculed the appearance of the Utah Aggie women's coach. You posted two pictures of her that were intended to be unflattering (even though she was dressed in feminine attire). At the same time you went to the archives and posted the most feminine picture that you could find of Spoon.

Spoon is making a statement with her choice of attire. That is her goal. Why does she find this necessary? Personally, I do not know the answer to my question. I can only wonder.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I have posted only three times (including this one) about Spoon's clothing choices. I have posted multiple times about my doubts concerning her coaching ability. While questioning her coaching ability, I have also pointed out (in her defense) that she was suddenly thrust into the position of head coach without the required resume' (it's called experience). You, Philgarris, are free to speculate about any issues that you may think that I have, but your speculation is merely that-- SPECULATION.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

May I respond to you with a question. What if Mike White appeared on the side line intent on doing everything that he could to look like a woman--dress, padded bra, high heels, panty hose, nail polish, makeup, typical female hair style, and etc.? What would be your reaction to such a scene?

You, Champion110, were one of the posters that ridiculed the appearance of the Utah Aggie women's coach. You posted two pictures of her that were intended to be unflattering (even though she was dressed in feminine attire). At the same time you went to the archives and posted the most feminine picture that you could find of Spoon.

Spoon is making a statement with her choice of attire. That is her goal. Why does she find this necessary? Personally, I do not know the answer to my question. I can only wonder.
    What difference does it make what she wears? And what's the statement she's making?

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    What difference does it make what she wears? And what's the statement she's making?
    How would you react to my hypothetical attire for Coach White? You chose to ignore that part of my post. Would it be acceptable to you? If not, then why are Spoon's choices acceptable?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

How would you react to my hypothetical attire for Coach White? You chose to ignore that part of my post. Would it be acceptable to you? If not, then why are Spoon's choices acceptable?
    How many women coaches do you see wearing dresses on the sideline...?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

And who said women should wear nail polish, makeup, high heels, panty hose and a padded bra? Women have been wearing pants for years. And all those other things are accessories that some women CHOOSE to wear.

Surely you know it's much more socially accepted for a woman to wear androgynous clothing than for a man to wear women's clothing. You can't compare the two.

And speaking of ignoring part of a post, you didn't answer why it matters and what statement she's making.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I should respond.......... There are a lot of women coaches that dress like Spoon. I don't remember posting pics of the USU Women's coach. In fact, I can't even tell you what she looks like. If I did, it certainly was in the spirit of competion - not anything to do with how she looked. It was, probably, more to do with what she did on the hand shake. I did post Spoon's picture and stated "Winning Coach". That was to do with a cheer that USU (and us now) do stating "Winning Team" "Losing Team". Nothing to do with the way she looked. What I find most interesting is the fact that if we had beat Fresno, this conversation would not be happening. We are all upset that we had a bad season (by Techster standards) and some are taking it out on players, some on Spoon's coaching, and some on other issues about Spoon that have nothing to do with winning or losing.

I know we had a bad year, but I truly believe that Spoon is a good coach and can bring us back. I REALLY believe that. Make fun of me for saying it, disagree with me, or agree - doesn't matter. It is just my belief. I hope that some of you will stick to basketball and not personal style (and hints of other) when taking out your frustration about the year.

Spoon deserves more time. She salvaged a year that was going down the tubes fast and took us to the post-season. The next two years, she took us to the NCAA's again. This was all after everything fell to almost true rock bottom under Long (who was a nice guy and good at breaking down film, but didn't pan out as a HC). Takes time to rebuild completely after that. I am hoping that our new recruits, along with our returning players will show just how far we can go next year in building this program back.

Spoon is intense. That is what we loved about her as a player and what I love about her as a coach. I don't blame this year on her. What is done is done. It is time to move on for me. I am now in that limbo land between basketball and football. I hate this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I guess I should respond.......... There are a lot of women coaches that dress like Spoon. I don't remember posting pics of the USU Women's coach. In fact, I can't even tell you what she looks like. If I did, it certainly was in the spirit of competion - not anything to do with how she looked. It was, probably, more to do with what she did on the hand shake. I did post Spoon's picture and stated "Winning Coach". That was to do with a cheer that USU (and us now) do stating "Winning Team" "Losing Team". Nothing to do with the way she looked. What I find most interesting is the fact that if we had beat Fresno, this conversation would not be happening. We are all upset that we had a bad season (by Techster standards) and some are taking it out on players, some on Spoon's coaching, and some on other issues about Spoon that have nothing to do with winning or losing.

I know we had a bad year, but I truly believe that Spoon is a good coach and can bring us back. I REALLY believe that. Make fun of me for saying it, disagree with me, or agree - doesn't matter. It is just my belief. I hope that some of you will stick to basketball and not personal style (and hints of other) when taking out your frustration about the year.

Spoon deserves more time. She salvaged a year that was going down the tubes fast and took us to the post-season. The next two years, she took us to the NCAA's again. This was all after everything fell to almost true rock bottom under Long (who was a nice guy and good at breaking down film, but didn't pan out as a HC). Takes time to rebuild completely after that. I am hoping that our new recruits, along with our returning players will show just how far we can go next year in building this program back.

Spoon is intense. That is what we loved about her as a player and what I love about her as a coach. I don't blame this year on her. What is done is done. It is time to move on for me. I am now in that limbo land between basketball and football. I hate this time of year!
    Name me some.

The rest of your response is same song but the 1000th verse. I noticed that you too avoided responding to my hypothetical scenario regarding Coach White. You and I both know that he would immediately be called on the carpet.

BTW, you posted a picture of the winning coach, and you also posted two pictures of the loosing coach in the same frame. You know what the Aggie coach looks like. I was born at night, but not last night. Champion110, you whined in a previous post for me to ignore you, then you respond to one of my posts. I love it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    How many women coaches do you see wearing dresses on the sideline...?
    Many do. But we both know that there are women's pants or slacks or whatever you want to call them, and then there are outfits that look as if they were purchased at the Men's Warehouse (that is the "You will like the way you look. I guarantee it" store").

+ Reply to Thread