+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulkey article

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Mulkey article

Take a deep breath before reading.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....oving-and.html

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Mulkey article

Not a subscriber to the DMN, but I get the feeling its just going to piss me off again.
    Last edited by dchi72; 03-12-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Not a subscriber to the DMN, but I get the feeling its just going to piss me off again.
    Yep, I read the first paragraph and stopped. There was a big color picture of Kim and her two kids and on the wall behind them was Techsters uniform framed. Her son looks just like Randy.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

puck figtails

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Why do you think they call them "stories"?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Isn't that pretty much how it went down. Another great athletic decision on the part of Oakes and Reneau. If I'm wrong someone please enlighten me.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I just don't understand why she couldn't accept 4? It's not like Tech is/was big on firing coaches back then, even a modicum of success would have gotten her a contract renewal....

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I just don't understand why she couldn't accept 4? It's not like Tech is/was big on firing coaches back then, even a modicum of success would have gotten her a contract renewal....
    Somebody finally see's the light!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Not only could she not accept 4, but they promised one more year in another capacity if it didn't work out. That is 5! Also, from what I heard, 5 year contracts could not be done in Louisiana at the time. That changed when lsu wanted to do one later. I think Mulkey was an exceptional coach and I hate it happened. I, also, hate that she can't let go; however, there comes a time when we have to let it go. I get tired of hearing about it now. I was more angry with her than D.R. at the time, but no one can deny that she is one H of a recruiter and coach. It helped that she took a couple of our recruits with her and started it out right over there. Once you get in the top 5, it is much easier to recruit top 5 players, and that makes it much easier to win a National Championship.

I hate it for her, because one day not being able to let things go will get to you..........

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Not only could she not accept 4, but they promised one more year in another capacity if it didn't work out. That is 5! Also, from what I heard, 5 year contracts could not be done in Louisiana at the time. That changed when lsu wanted to do one later. I think Mulkey was an exceptional coach and I hate it happened. I, also, hate that she can't let go; however, there comes a time when we have to let it go. I get tired of hearing about it now. I was more angry with her than D.R. at the time, but no one can deny that she is one H of a recruiter and coach. It helped that she took a couple of our recruits with her and started it out right over there. Once you get in the top 5, it is much easier to recruit top 5 players, and that makes it much easier to win a National Championship.

I hate it for her, because one day not being able to let things go will get to you..........
    It's already gotten to her marriage. I knew her husband well. He's a fair-minded guy that shouldn't be hard to live with.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I just think it's funny that this article came out right after the girls got beat down in the tourney. Obviously she is watching us. Talk about kicking a Dawg while it's down.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    It's already gotten to her marriage. I knew her husband well. He's a fair-minded guy that shouldn't be hard to live with.
    Oh P L E A S E! You have no idea what people are like to live with or why they split up! I normally find merit if your posts whether I agree or not, but on this, you simply have no idea. Please leave her personal life out of your dislike for her. That truly was the most "out there" post I have ever seen you make.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

She did give Tech props in her interview after the selection show. I wrote down what she said and added it to the Mulkey thread up in the wbb forum if you want to see what she had to say. She didn't have to mention Tech at all.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Oh P L E A S E! You have no idea what people are like to live with or why they split up! I normally find merit if your posts whether I agree or not, but on this, you simply have no idea. Please leave her personal life out of your dislike for her. That truly was the most "out there" post I have ever seen you make.
    Get off your high horse! I lived two just down the hall from Randy for three years and practiced with him every day over that same time period. I certainly do know something about what it's like to "live" with him and that is exactly about which I commented. I only lightly follow the Lady Techsters and do not know Mulkey, so I have no personal dislike for her. But I know one of the personalities, and there have been volumes written about the other. If I was betting on where the problem most notably lay, that would be an easy bet.

+ Reply to Thread