+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulkey article

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Mulkey article

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Get off your high horse! I lived two just down the hall from Randy for three years and practiced with him every day over that same time period. I certainly do know something about what it's like to "live" with him and that is exactly about which I commented. I only lightly follow the Lady Techsters and do not know Mulkey, so I have no personal dislike for her. But I know one of the personalities, and there have been volumes written about the other. If I was betting on where the problem most notably lay, that would be an easy bet.
    Again, you have no idea. I'll stay on my high horse- both of your posts are just stupid and have nothing to do with basketball or TECH. If you want to continue this line of posts keep on, I'll leave it to you- you just look like you've lost it. I doubt even ole Dawg80 would think he could decide why she got divorced, and he hates her with a passion.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Get off your high horse! I lived two just down the hall from Randy for three years and practiced with him every day over that same time period. I certainly do know something about what it's like to "live" with him and that is exactly about which I commented. I only lightly follow the Lady Techsters and do not know Mulkey, so I have no personal dislike for her. But I know one of the personalities, and there have been volumes written about the other. If I was betting on where the problem most notably lay, that would be an easy bet.
    If you've ever been married, I have to assume your relationship was quite different than my marriage. To think living down the hall from someone and practicing with him is analogous to a marital relationship seems odd.

And it's probably not fair to compare your personal knowledge of him to the "volumes" you've read about her on an internet message board.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I just don't understand why she couldn't accept 4? It's not like Tech is/was big on firing coaches back then, even a modicum of success would have gotten her a contract renewal....

Yeah, I wondered about that as well. She would have had four losing seasons in a row to get canned and that was not going to happen. I always figured that the fifth year was pretty much a given, just not on paper.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Yeah, I wondered about that as well. She would have had four losing seasons in a row to get canned and that was not going to happen. I always figured that the fifth year was pretty much a given, just not on paper.

Do you all really think that was just something that Kim came up with? Five years was fairly standard nationwide at the time & her mentor was advising her. Let's give credit where it is due. This whole debacle lies squarely at the feet of DR, Joakes & the "Athletic Council." They all failed! She was already set to sacrafice $$$$ by coaching at Tech. And just what other value could possibly be placed on someone that played and assistant-coached for a legend. Think about it. Would Pat Summitt come coach for this money? How about any of her long-time assistants? (Crickets)

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Five years was fairly standard nationwide at the time
    Five years may have been standard in forty nine states at the time but I don't think it was standard in Louisiana or at Louisiana Tech.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Think about it. Would Pat Summitt come coach for this money?

For the record, Pat made $250.00 a month AND washed the uniforms after she was named the HC at UT. :icon_wink:

And I was not just picking on KM. There is more than enough blame for all parties involved here.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I just don't understand why she couldn't accept 4? It's not like Tech is/was big on firing coaches back then, even a modicum of success would have gotten her a contract renewal....
    Because she needed an "out".

If they had offered her 5, she would have just come up with some other cockamamie condition she felt was "standard".

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you all really think that was just something that Kim came up with? Five years was fairly standard nationwide at the time & her mentor was advising her. Let's give credit where it is due. This whole debacle lies squarely at the feet of DR, Joakes & the "Athletic Council." They all failed! She was already set to sacrafice $$$$ by coaching at Tech. And just what other value could possibly be placed on someone that played and assistant-coached for a legend. Think about it. Would Pat Summitt come coach for this money? How about any of her long-time assistants? (Crickets)
    Why has this gotten past so many people? Do you really think that Leon, a Tech man thru and thru, would have continued to back Kim if he knew she was out of line? He would surely have sided with Tech if he knew the University was on the right side of the argument.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

What year did all this happen? Just because she can't let it go doesn't mean we have to go ballistic on each other every time she brings it up.

It's way in the rear view mirror now.

And y'all can argue with me (I know some will) but if she had stayed here and had success, she'd have accepted the first big offer that came along. We could not afford to pay her what the BCS schools pay. They can lose tons of money on women's BB and not worry about it, because the BCS football money covers it.
    Last edited by Tech77; 03-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the folks at our university were tired of her rants, temper tantrums, and piss poor demeanor? I don't care how much you win. If you embarass yourself and the university in front of prospective students, you should be fired. She did it on more than one occasion.

Congratulations to her and her Baylor Bears. I'll start caring about her again when she joins the alumni association and LTAC.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I have tried and tried to sit back and just let this play out but I can't sit back and read this anymore with out putting my two cents in on this.

Kim Mulkey was and is the best thing that has ever happened to Louisiana Tech Women's Basketball other than Sonja and Leon. She continues to keep us in the minds of people after the TRASHY way that we did her.

Without her mentioning us on ESPN during the selection show we would not have been mentioned at all. Heck we have not been relevant since Leon left and we have been behind losing ground since before that when Kim left.

Kim did take some of the recruits with her when she left and I would have done the same thing, hell it is her job to protect the athletes and when they (administration) proved to be stuck on stupid by not giving her 5 years on the contract that showed the athletes and the women's basketball world that Louisiana Tech was no longer important to the administration and that our brilliant leaders were not making sound decisions so the athletes were not stupid and wanted to go where the PROVEN winner was going.

The topic of Randy Robertson, trust me there is absolutely no excuse for a man not honoring his vows and that is all I am gonna say about that!!!!!!!!!!! (I am sure she was difficult to live with but I know for a fact that he was no walk in the park either.)

Lets talk the contract since everyone is so concerned with her leaving because she couldn't get a fifth year lets discuss this. She wanted it she asked for it and it should have been given no matter what it took you MAKE IT HAPPEN. Hell if she wanted a 10 yr contract you make that happen but oh no our good ole boy system wanted to set a standard and use her as the example that they were gonna take control of the situation. Well how the hell has that worked out for us? While she is winning titles and automatic bids to the NCAA tournament we are sitting our disgruntled butts at home. There were some BRILLIANT M****R F*****S that allowed that to happen.

The good ole boys are the ones that are pissed that she called their bluff and left, all she wanted was 5 yrs, just one more year, if they had done that we would not have missed a beat, we would still be recruiting with everyone else, we would be making deep runs. How do I know this she is doing it with Baylor.

Oh and just and FYI for those Brilliant Idiots if she was still at Louisiana Tech we would not still be in the WAC she would have figured out a way for us to be long gone from that conference, because she would have had us STILL RELEVANT IN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL which the more programs that we are being successful in and making strides the more other conferences come calling. More than likely we would be sitting in Conference USA now but while that is just a thought we sure aren't there without her.

I have the utmost respect for the current coaches and ladies that are in the program now but for those people that are pissed at her for leaving I just want to leave you with one thought. You have every right to be pissed and you should be pissed, every time you see Baylor in the news or playing on TV your skin should just CRAWL because the GOOD OLE BOYS could not get their heads out of their a***s long enough to do what was right.

Also, it is absolute BS to lay the demise of our program on the fact that a 5 yr contract wasn't available again you just make it happen.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think Britney Grider may be a boy. That's all...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree with you Phil- up until the part where you believe that Kim would have gotten us into CUSA. Surely you can't really believe that! I have a lot of respect for Kim, don't begrudge her leaving, and hope she continues to be successful until TECH can knock her down. But, I want us to beat down all the programs, not just hers. However; as much as I like WBB, and want it to be profitable for TECH, it just isn't. Whether Kim is here or not has no impact on why we are not in CUSA. Actually we may not be as far along in football if all of the money was allowed to be poured into the women's program. I get so tired of hearing about the contract- that is all history, but please don't rewrite the facts with your speculation of grand things that simply could not have happened.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Phil has jumped the shark!

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree with you Phil- up until the part where you believe that Kim would have gotten us into CUSA. Surely you can't really believe that! I have a lot of respect for Kim, don't begrudge her leaving, and hope she continues to be successful until TECH can knock her down. But, I want us to beat down all the programs, not just hers. However; as much as I like WBB, and want it to be profitable for TECH, it just isn't. Whether Kim is here or not has no impact on why we are not in CUSA. Actually we may not be as far along in football if all of the money was allowed to be poured into the women's program. I get so tired of hearing about the contract- that is all history, but please don't rewrite the facts with your speculation of grand things that simply could not have happened.
    Cal&Ken, that was just a thought, we will never ever know 1000000% for sure because she isn't here.

+ Reply to Thread