+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruston, the Big Winner of Top 28 Weekend

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thumbs Up Ruston, the Big Winner of Top 28 Weekend

Tim Fletcher, KTBS 3: Ruston, the Big Winner of Top 28 Weekend

$4.1 million economic impact

27,500 total attendance

Every hotel room in Ruston was booked Wednesday night through Saturday night.

Restaurants experienced record business on Friday and Saturday.

Ruston try to get the Top 28 back to Ruston for next season.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Ruston, the Big Winner of Top 28 Weekend

A buddy of mine that lives in Lafayette called me about the tournament and he stated all they were hearing was there was only one restaurant open Friday and there were not enough hotels for everyone.

Then he admitted Lafayette had sour grapes since they lost the tournament........Acadiana can not stand north La.......I love it!!!!!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    A buddy of mine that lives in Lafayette called me about the tournament and he stated all they were hearing was there was only one restaurant open Friday and there were not enough hotels for everyone.

Then he admitted Lafayette had sour grapes since they lost the tournament........Acadiana can not stand north La.......I love it!!!!!!!
    Look at what a 2009 ULL grad commented on an article in TNS yesterday.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...-championships

CGeezy Gauthier Destroying the girls' tournament as a separate event was a bad move. Killing the final four format was a worse move. Leaving the Cajundome and Lafayette was ridiculous. Overall attendance was down. Riverside Academy of Reserve travelled about 300 miles for 4 1/2 hours through Mississippi to get to Ruston. I did not attend and will not attend the Top 28, an event which I love, as long as it is held on the other end of the world.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

300 miles......4.5 hrs through MS.....must have taken the long way around and stopped to get drunk a few times.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Those idiots in Acadiana never bother to think or care about all those times we had to drive out into the middle of the swamp to watch our kids play. I get so sick of those selfish bastards.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything I heard was great. A few kinks, but overall a great job by all. I know the south LA folks will be bitter if we ever get the tourney up here again. I would be ok with the LHSAA rotating the tourney between all the major Louisiana college towns and markets. Oops, I guess that still leaves Laff out of the rotation.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I was told that Operations were not tight and that Parking was terrible. Other than that things seemed to go well.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I was told that Operations were not tight and that Parking was terrible. Other than that things seemed to go well.
    How was parking terrible? I doubt there were 10,000 in the building at any one time.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    How was parking terrible? I doubt there were 10,000 in the building at any one time.
    Fairly close to it a few times.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    The parking prob was that there was no cops in the parking lot or on Alabama or Tech drive when the night was over and cars were parking everywhere. I know on the first night, they were up in Dr's driveway and I knew that wasnt going to fly. On a different note, Saturday, the concession stand that i went to was out of a lot of things. One was hot dogs.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Hey sports fans . . . not Tech's fault.

They rented the TAC to the Ruston-Lincoln Visitors Bureau. Address your comments, blame and kudos to that organization.

All the Tech personnel/operations worked at the direction of Kyle Edmiston and at the direction of the LHSAA. Tech's NCAA compliance (or any other university campus) wants no part of running a state tourney.

I thought next year the three-city semi and finals tour was already a done deal for where? SLU, nlulm and Tech. Is that not true.

PS-Isn't The TAC capacity only 8,800 or so?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Listed 8,000...

Actual seats just over 7,300

Went buy Saturday because Kyle had a B-day party at the Idea Place - I was going to go to the games between 3:00 - 5:00 there we cars EVERYWHERE - all the way over to the softball field....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Listed 8,000...

Actual seats just over 7,300

Went buy Saturday because Kyle had a B-day party at the Idea Place - I was going to go to the games between 3:00 - 5:00 there we cars EVERYWHERE - all the way over to the softball field....
    If there was a capacity crowd there, then, yeah, cars should have been parked all the way to the softball field.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Yes, it was near capacity both days that I went. I forgot how loud that place can get when there's 6K+ in there.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Crowds were good. Hospitality was great. As someone who has experienced Top 28s in several different places, I thought the CVB did a pretty good job, given the fact that it picked up this tournament really late in the game. The TAC is a much more intimate environment than the Cajundome. Were there issues? Sure, but there were going to be growing pains in Bossier too. The biggest complaint that I heard was that Ruston is in north Louisiana, and if geography is the worst thing that happened to your tournament, then you can't really complain too much.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread