+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech & Tails 5 KICKOFF DINNER - Rescheduled for March 27th

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

Re: Tech & Tails 5 KICKOFF DINNER - Rescheduled for March 27th

I really enjoyed Corre's talk. She is ALL Louisiana Tech!!! The couple at our table introduced themselves, but at my age, names escape me. I do know that I have seen them both many times at Tech functions. I did not get the name of the single man sitting next to Bentondawg either. Sorry, I'm not much help.

Barkly

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    So did everyone enjoy themselves?
    About 45 people attended tonight. Very happy with attendance. A lot of NEW faces in the crowd too. Barkly, do you know who was sitting at your table? Some asked me after and I have no idea.
    I expected Corre to say something about the lsus thing. Ididn't expect her to share so much.
    Thanks for coming out everyone!
    Can you share with us 'out of towers' what was said?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Alot of stuff that have been said already in public. But I'll try to point out a few things.
    ~Years ago people wanted to establish universities in small towns. While these schools will NEVER move from places like Starksville, Clemson, or RUSTON a need for metro campuses with those schools benefits the whole university and both communities.
    ~A metro population of 400K will allow opportunities for post graduate programs that could not be offered in Ruston.
    ~Tech has plans for the future with or without that metro campus.
    ~Tech would NOT lower standards. But it would gradually move that Shreveport campus to the current Ruston standards.
    ~Current students of lsus and the programs they are in would not be removed from the school. In fact, current students (that graduate in a timely manner) will even have an option of the name on their diploma. The current lsus students worked hard to get to where they are and they will have the opportunity to finish what they started with options of even more!
    ~It would take 4-5 years to phase in Louisiana Tech University.
    ~Unless the legislators start hearing from people that want this to happen it prob won't. (status quo to stop the complaining will occur if more don't voice their opinion for this)
    ~lsus could be in a lot of trouble if the "flagship agenda" continues. I merger with Tech would not only allow a Shreveport/Bossier university to continue but would allow it to grow. This is something the metro school in BR would never allow because a metro school in Shreveport threatens that one in BR. lsus, lsua & lsue are in real trouble come July.
    ~A question was posed to DR last week about why doesn't Tech just move to the lsu system. While the above is just one reason (the future of the system being in question itself) it was noted that Louisiana Tech has never been offered to join the lsu system. Last Friday DR received the Fed Ex package offering a spot in the lsu system. (THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN)

This is one of those times where 1+1=3 but if it doesn't happen Louisiana Tech is still moving upward!

+ Reply to Thread