+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning to join Broncos

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Peyton Manning to join Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Where is all of the Jeremy Lin criticism?? No clever "Teblow-esque" type of nicknames for him. Wonder why?
    I don't follow basketball, but is he good?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don't follow basketball, but is he good?
    Not near as good as the hype surrounding him. Not even close. He's also Asian and not an outspoken Christian.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss. Teabow takes news with class. No surprise.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Not near as good as the hype surrounding him. Not even close. He's also Asian and not an outspoken Christian.
    He's a VERY outspoken Chrisitan.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    Does he receive as much criticism as Tebow?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    You could just stop there. That is all that needs to be said. The cricism doesn't come because people love and respect him- it comes from those that hate him because he is a Christian- and when he was winning in college they were hating then too. Winners are always relevant until they no longer win. He may not get a chance to play this year- but I bet you money they haters are still hating.
    Some people hate him because of his religious views but the majority of that I think is because he shoves it down everyone's throat. I think the fact that he's a Christian is blinding a lot of people from just admitting that he's a terrible quarterback. In my opinion the VAST majority of "hate" comes from the fact that mechanically he is pathetic and would have been cut during training camp had his name not been Tim Tebow. He was third on the depth chart yet because of fans LOVING him in Denver, got moved up to the backup position and ultimately the starting position skillset be damned. That's when the nation jumped on the "we can't stand tebow" bandwagon.

No because Carmelo Anthony came back and took the spotlight off of him. Apples and oranges comparing the two (Lin and Tebow) but Jeremy Lin at least has a solid skillset at his position.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Some people hate him because of his religious views but the majority of that I think is because he shoves it down everyone's throat.
    This couldn't be farther from the truth, but it is certainly the way it is perceived. What Tebow DOES NOT do is back off his normal routine because of media pressure. He didn't while he was at Florida either. He has been consistent.

The media has shoved Tebow down your throat. You will continue to get the same Tebow after the media gets bored with him.

Three other points you attempt to make in your post are off too...
    - The Broncos inserted and kept Tebow as starter because he was popular. That's funny.
    - Fans began hating him because of the misstated fact above. Wrong! Fans were hating him when he was an 19yr old at Florida. lsu fans especially hated him.
    - He wasn't cut during training camp because he was a first round pick. I challenge you to find a first round pick that has been cut in training camp.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    This couldn't be farther from the truth, but it is certainly the way it is perceived. What Tebow DOES NOT do is back off his normal routine because of media pressure. He didn't while he was at Florida either. He has been consistent.

The media has shoved Tebow down your throat. You will continue to get the same Tebow after the media gets bored with him.

- The Broncos inserted and kept Tebow as starter because he was popular. That's funny.
    - Fans began hating him because of the misstated fact above. Wrong! Fans were hating him when he was an 19yr old at Florida. lsu fans especially hated him.
    - He wasn't cut during training camp because he was a first round pick. I challenge you to find a first round pick that has been cut in training camp.
    You covered it all there.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Because he is overly promoted. Way overly promoted. He sells alot of merchandise, though, so I am not sure that I can fault Denver.
    Two national championships, Heisman, 1st round NFL draft pick. The fans didn't do those things, and I think it is reasonable to expect that there is going to be a good deal of hype when you've got that resume. Then after everybody says he can't play and the Tebower's are asking for him to get his shot, he comes in on a 1-4 team and starts winning. The fans didn't do that either. Week after week the pundits are saying "it won't last" and the fans keep calling in every week and saying I told you so. 8-5 later with a playoff win and the fans are still fans and the haters are still haters. It became a game of "I told you so" after he started winning and the lines became even more polarized. People who genuinely didn't have anything against Tebow but didn't think he could play bunkered down and joined the hater camp because they didn't want to be wrong. Tebowers got more annoying with each win which drives the people who say he can't play quarterback, nuts.

I am becoming more and more of a Tebow fan as I go along. He's bringing new fans into the NFL, many of the talking heads saw the potential to get fans riled up and improve ratings and they took it. That's the world we live in right now, where these talking heads are paid to create controversy more than actually speak intelligently on a subject. Anybody in his situation would be polarizing, but he has a nationwide fanbase because of his faith and that makes him a good talking point across the country. The media took advantage of that.

Like I said, its my opinion. You disagree with mine, I disagree with yours. Yes, fans were hating him at Florida in the southeast but it became rabid when he went to the Broncos. I don't think those are misstated facts but again, you can disagree, I don't care. I think the fan outcry definitely had something to do with him moving up the depth chart but it doesn't matter either way. He'll be out of Denver soon and will be somebody's cash cow. He can sell tickets, that's for sure.

I obviously fall into the group that thinks Tebow's winning ways wouldn't last. Yes, he won several games for the team or was at least on the field when a kicker won it for them. Because of his ability or lack thereof though, he put them in situations in which they had to make comebacks that they shouldn't have been in. Ultimately it doesn't matter. We'll never know if he would have been huge in Denver because he'll be shipped off to NY or Jacksonville soon to play backup qb/tight end/fullback for them

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

If he is, he is not outspoken enough that the casual fan knows it.

No but he gets a lot of comparisons to Tebow as far as being a phenomenon. They mostly focus on the fact that he is asian and went to an Ivy league school.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

And the choir said, "Amen."
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The cartoon posted above in this thread is the sort of stuff that people love to do to Tebow for some reason... ridiculing his prayer, etc.

But, in Matthew 5:10-12, Jesus said
    "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for their's is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad; for great is your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

That's what keeps Tim Tebow going through all the hate which is aimed at him.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread