+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Louisville-UK rivalry sparks fight at Ky. clinic

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Louisville-UK rivalry sparks fight at Ky. clinic

By BRUCE SCHREINER, Associated Press 1 hour, 58 minutes ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP)—Authorities say the Kentucky-Louisville basketball rivalry boiled over at a Kentucky dialysis clinic when one patient punched another during an argument about the teams.

Georgetown police Lt. Robert Swanigan says the altercation began Monday with a verbal exchange between the 68-year-old Kentucky fan and 71-year-old Louisville fan. The men were arguing over who will win when the teams meet in the Final Four on Saturday.

Swanigan says the Kentucky fan, who was receiving treatment, flipped off the Louisville fan, and that the Cardinals fan punched him in the face.

Swanigan says police were called to the Georgetown clinic, but the Kentucky fan has declined to file charges.

He says police thought tensions would rise as Saturday’s game approaches, but the fight at the clinic was stranger than they expected.
    Georgetown is about 13 miles north of Lexington, where the University of Kentucky is located.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Louisville-UK rivalry sparks fight at Ky. clinic

Truth really is stranger than fiction.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

As a Louisville resident, I can confidently say that the UK/UL rivalry is pretty intense. I was even asked the UL or UK question when interviewing for my job here (this was in jest since I was being interviewed by one UK fan and one UL fan, lol). If UL wins, I just hope I survive the night, the city might burn to the ground (I'm not sure what's scarier mad UK fans, or celebrating UL fans).

Here's a great read on why it's the best rivalry in NCAA BBall: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...isville_032712

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i am lucky enough to be going to the semi final games on saturday so i will see uk and louisville play. i will get to new orleans friday morning so i will have all day friday and part of saturday to be in the quarter and watch these fans. i expect to see a fight or six.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Makes me miss my old Kentucky home. March Madness into Derby season is the absolute best time of year in Louisville.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

That would be a great game to have a ticket to see, but I don't think UL (the real one) can hang with UK all the way to the end.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i am lucky enough to be going to the semi final games on saturday so i will see uk and louisville play. i will get to new orleans friday morning so i will have all day friday and part of saturday to be in the quarter and watch these fans. i expect to see a fight or six.
    Hey, we need to hook up. I will also be attending the games on Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread