+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duck Commander

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: The Duck Commander

George Harrison is alive and hunting ducks now!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

How bout that! I've heard of Phil before, I had no idea he went to tech, much less played ball here. Good for him chasing what he loved and turning it into a way of life and making a living. His job is second only to mine though . I do something similar in nature. Pm me if you're curious.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame he states he left Tech and never came back to a football game. I wonder if that is really true. I remember his playing days, as I was at Tech then. We had some pretty bad teams then, if I recall. Bradshaw (and Coach Lambright) turned Tech football around in those days.

Varsity Bulldog Loftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her gameLoftonbranch is on top of his/her game

I heard ole Phil used to spend more time looking for ducks in the sky rather than receivers on the practice field!

Varsity Bulldog jchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her game jchaisson's Avatar

There was a special on one of the late nite shows earlier this week (I think it was Night Line or something like that, not a Leno or Letterman) Anyways, they showed a photo of him playing QB. They also played the Fight Song in the background. I looked hard to find a State-T somewhere on the photo but couldn't. The shoulder stripes made me think it was Tech but it was black and white so it was hard to tell. Pretty neat.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Phil's best game was against Lamar in '67 when they were one of the best "small college" programs. He and Ken Liberto put on quite a show. That was his junior year. I don't know if he was even on the squad his senior year. Seems like Terry Bradshaw and Ken Lantrip were the QB's in '68 with '68 being Terry's breakout year.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jchaisson View Post
    There was a special on one of the late nite shows earlier this week (I think it was Night Line or something like that, not a Leno or Letterman) Anyways, they showed a photo of him playing QB. They also played the Fight Song in the background. I looked hard to find a State-T somewhere on the photo but couldn't. The shoulder stripes made me think it was Tech but it was black and white so it was hard to tell. Pretty neat.
    Here is my post from yesterday on the Duck Dynasty thread in Entertainment forum
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Story from ABC Nightline

Here is the article
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...5#.T2s89NmcySp

Here is a link to full episode, I think it was the last segment (Tech fight song gets a brief play)
    http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightlin...st-gas-in-town

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jchaisson View Post
    You won't find the state-T cuz it was not "invented" by Coach Lambright until the next year after Phil left Tech . . .
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 03-23-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Pretty good show if you catch it, saw one episode the other night. Noticed that the company is in W. Monroe and they talked briefly about him being the only one to "go off to college" and I figured that he probably didn't wonder too far from home so I figured it must be Tech or Northeast (ULM) but I couldn't find anything on the web at the time. Never would I have imagined though that he was also QB at Bradshaw's time!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

This Bradshaw/Phil Robertson story angle is bringing Tech "fans/alums/grads" out of the woodwork.
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    This Bradshaw/Phil Robertson story angle is bringing Tech "fans/alums/grads" out of the woodwork.

And hopefully to a game or to donate to Q4E. Can never have too many fans/alumns/friends. These folks are or can become donors &/or supporters.

Bulldog DAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around here

He was a very good QB, but his passion was hunting not football. He went to H.S. at North Caddo and his brother Tommy was a DB at Tech.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think have heard it said, I believe by coach Mick, that Phil was perhaps a more gifted athlete than Bradshaw but basically walked away from the game because it interfered with his duck hunting. Luckily TB was his backup and the rest, as they say, is history.

The popularity of these reality show stars is undeniable. I do not fathom it but I would hypothesize that "casual" fans (existing and potential) do. Tech needs to reach out to the Robertson family if for no other reason to get them here for a football game to be included in next season's shows. The Monroe JC was in one of the first episodes - apparently one of Phil's sons played there.

+ Reply to Thread