+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duck Commander

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Duck Commander

The story on campus has always been that Lambright was making him choose between hunting or playing football. They went back and forth for a little while until one day Lambright walked into Phil's dorm room and found him skinning a deer. The ultimatum was set and Bradshaw started the next weekend.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Skinning a deer in his dorm room? That seems exagerrated, but awesome.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Skinning a deer in his dorm room? That seems exagerrated, but awesome.
    Uh, no, not really.
    Pat Collins and Coach Mick were SENT BY MAXIE to go to Phil's apartment at Vetville and, yes, the deer was hanging in the shower stall. Collie tells the story quite well. They tried to convince Phil and couldn't and went back to report to Coach Lambright.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Awesome! Man if he would of had as much desire to play football with the talent just think where he could have gone. But being happy doing what you love is something many never achieve.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

Mr. Phil always says that Terry went for the bucks and He went for the Ducks. Mr. Phil was offered out of TECH to play for the Redskins. He tells the story well. Says that them guys in the NFL are not out to tackle you, they are out to hurt you. He says they are trying to take you out. I guess it worked out good for him. He still amde his money, and can get up every morning without to much pain. I talked to Willie a couple years back about Mr. Phil coming to a game. We have had Billy they Exterminator and Adkins and Brooks, why not Mr. Phil. They said they would love to do that, but have never been asked. With the new show and all someone ahould work on that. I mean NLU was on the show the otherday.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg04 View Post
    I talked to Willie a couple years back about Mr. Phil coming to a game. We have had Billy they Exterminator and Adkins and Brooks, why not Mr. Phil. They said they would love to do that, but have never been asked.
    You're kidding, right? Since when do they have to be ASKED? What.......did Phil forget where Ruston is?

Regardless of this guy's fame (which I'm not sure I want LA Tech to embrace anyway), it doesn't sound like he cares much for Tech. I agree with Amos Moses.....it's a shame he states he left Tech, and never came back to a football game.

HD

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Uh, no, not really.
    Pat Collins and Coach Mick were SENT BY MAXIE to go to Phil's apartment at Vetville and, yes, the deer was hanging in the shower stall. Collie tells the story quite well. They tried to convince Phil and couldn't and went back to report to Coach Lambright.
    Must have killed the deer with a bow, or it was an illegal kill. Deer season (guns) didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving back then. Football was over at that time.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Finally something to replace the 'Sapranos'!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Must have killed the deer with a bow, or it was an illegal kill. Deer season (guns) didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving back then. Football was over at that time.
    I guess we were breaking the law too because we always started hunting before Thanksgiving. I don't recall a seperate "bow season" back in those days.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Tommy Robertson was my next door neighbor in Vetville for a year. For some reason I never knew they were hunters, but I know they were great bass fishermen.

Bass fishing was my outlet for the stress of working full time and going to school. I was never very good at it, but in those days it was cheap entertainment. With my 3 hp Evinrude, I could buy a gallon of gas for $.30 and fish all day in an aluminum boat that I rented for a couple of dollars.

I would fish all day and come home with a few fish, with a couple in the two pound range. Phil and Tommy would come in with a sink full of much larger fish, and I remember one time they came in with some fish they had caught while walking in the swamps around West Monroe. They were true outdoorsmen while I was a wannabe.

As I recall Tommy was an all conference defensive back, so I guess the whole family was very athletic.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I guess we were breaking the law too because we always started hunting before Thanksgiving. I don't recall a seperate "bow season" back in those days.
    Guess you aren't as old as me. Gun season always started the day after Thanksgiving.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Guess you aren't as old as me. Gun season always started the day after Thanksgiving.
    We are talking about late 60s right? That's when I started hunting. Are you sure you aren't thinking about dog season? I'm pretty sure "still" season started a week or two before Thanksgiving in area 1 and even before then in the hill country.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I started deer hunting in 1973. Still season has started on the first weekend of November since at least then.

Mid to late 60's. Concordia Parish is where I hunted mostly. Back then, the only hunting I participated in was dog hunting. Did they distinguished otherwise in Louisiana? I lived and breathed deer hunting, and I was on pins and needles to the start. My grandfather had a great deer camp in the Bougere' Swamps in southern Concordia.

I am unfamiliar with the hill country. Are you talking about Texas hill country? I was a swamp rat, and the only hills we had were levees along the rivers.

Mid to late 60's. Concordia Parish is where I hunted mostly. Back then, the only hunting I participated in was dog hunting. Did they distinguished otherwise in Louisiana? I lived and breathed deer hunting, and I was on pins and needles to the start. My grandfather had a great deer camp in the Bougere' Swamps in southern Concordia.

I am unfamiliar with the hill country. Are you talking about Texas hill country? I was a swamp rat, and the only hills we had were levees along the rivers.
    The "Hill Country" I'm referring to is pretty much west of the Ouachita. Historically that area has always opened before the area east of the Ouachita due to an earlier rut. Some of the hill country had closed deer season in 50s because deer were gone completely. Restocking worked well and the seasons opened back up in the 60s.

Yes, areas east of the Ouachita were separating "still hunting" and "dog season" when I began hunting in the late 60s.

+ Reply to Thread