+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duck Commander

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Duck Commander

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The "Hill Country" I'm referring to is pretty much west of the Ouachita. Historically that area has always opened before the area east of the Ouachita due to an earlier rut. Some of the hill country had closed deer season in 50s because deer were gone completely. Restocking worked well and the seasons opened back up in the 60s.

Yes, areas east of the Ouachita were separating "still hunting" and "dog season" when I began hunting in the late 60s.
    I never knew that. Thanks. Guess old Duck Commander's kill was on the up-and-up!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg04 View Post
    Mr. Phil always says that Terry went for the bucks and He went for the Ducks. Mr. Phil was offered out of TECH to play for the Redskins. He tells the story well. Says that them guys in the NFL are not out to tackle you, they are out to hurt you. He says they are trying to take you out. I guess it worked out good for him. He still amde his money, and can get up every morning without to much pain. I talked to Willie a couple years back about Mr. Phil coming to a game. We have had Billy they Exterminator and Adkins and Brooks, why not Mr. Phil. They said they would love to do that, but have never been asked. With the new show and all someone ahould work on that. I mean NLU was on the show the otherday.
    For the record he was "officially" asked last fall. They were trying to work out details to include their Outdoors Channel show. I guess the plan fell off the plate when Buskirk left Tech and Duck Dynasty was born on A&E Channel.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Phil Robertson is an excellent inspirational speaker. I heard him a couple of years ago at a large church in Memphis.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

its always got to be hog dog. thanks dawgpix i didnt know he had finally been asked. by the way hog yes he should come to the games more often, but i was talking about being recognized on the field. I am sure you have to be asked to do that. When is someone going to kick you off this site anyways. always an ass.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

so your not sure you want TECH to embrace Phil because of "his fame"? Phil is a very down to earth Christian man. He is a Pastor out in West Monroe. He has turned duck hunting into a multimillion dollar business for himself. Is his "fame" not the right knid of fame? is it becuase you dont hunt or believe in hunting. Hell Karl has like 15 kids by many different women, and you embrace his fame. Phil is a good role model for young people these days. The kids these days need to get off their fat asses and work. If he can make millions duck hunting and making duck calls anyone can make money. To many people these days just set on their ass and have everything givin to them. I am not saying you are one of those people. I know that is what you are thinking. how about you post something positive say like once a year. that would be great.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg04 View Post
    so your not sure you want TECH to embrace Phil because of "his fame"? Phil is a very down to earth Christian man. He is a Pastor out in West Monroe. He has turned duck hunting into a multimillion dollar business for himself. Is his "fame" not the right knid of fame? is it becuase you dont hunt or believe in hunting. Hell Karl has like 15 kids by many different women, and you embrace his fame. Phil is a good role model for young people these days. The kids these days need to get off their fat asses and work. If he can make millions duck hunting and making duck calls anyone can make money. To many people these days just set on their ass and have everything givin to them. I am not saying you are one of those people. I know that is what you are thinking. how about you post something positive say like once a year. that would be great.
    I think what Phil has done is tremendous. I do wish he would acknowledge his school. His kids sport LSU crap on the show. Phil could wear a Tech hat. I wish he would.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think what Phil has done is tremendous. I do wish he would acknowledge his school. His kids sport LSU crap on the show. Phil could wear a Tech hat. I wish he would.
    Why don't you buy a hat and mail it to him and tell him your thoughts?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You're kidding, right? Since when do they have to be ASKED? What.......did Phil forget where Ruston is?

Regardless of this guy's fame (which I'm not sure I want LA Tech to embrace anyway), it doesn't sound like he cares much for Tech. I agree with Amos Moses.....it's a shame he states he left Tech, and never came back to a football game.

HD
    A few years ago there was the "First Annual" LA Tech Alumni Duck hunt in Arkansas. Phil came thru with quite a bit of swag. And as far as being asked, you think Leon Brooks justed called up Tech and said hey, "I haven't been back to Ruston since that concert we did in the early 90's. I'd like to come, would you create an event?" These events only occur after a relationship is developed and then acted on. I would love to see the whole family recognized at half-time and then Tech get the national pub on A&E. But B!+(#ing about having to be asked is childish, even for you.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think i understand what hd means. It seems that every "character" in la has a tv show and they dont always reflect what some of us want. I havent watched dc and cant comment on it but i have watched my big redneck vacation and bayou billionaires. These may be wonderful people but their antics are embarrassing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I think i understand what hd means. It seems that every "character" in la has a tv show and they dont always reflect what some of us want. I havent watched dc and cant comment on it but i have watched my big redneck vacation and bayou billionaires. These may be wonderful people but their antics are embarrassing.
    It's entertainment. I was entertained when Phil took his gradson's IPhone away and threw it out of sight.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    . But B!+(#ing about having to be asked is childish, even for you.
    Classic!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    These may be wonderful people but their antics are embarrassing.
    I agree. Those shows may be entertaining but they really portray the area badly. But make no mistake, Duck Dynasty is VERY different from those shows.
    It's entertainment. I was entertained when Phil took his gradson's IPhone away and threw it out of sight.
    I think it's the balance of craziness some of the family have compared to Phil's calm demeanor and high standards that are attracking people to this show.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg View Post
    A few years ago there was the "First Annual" LA Tech Alumni Duck hunt in Arkansas. Phil came thru with quite a bit of swag. And as far as being asked, you think Leon Brooks justed called up Tech and said hey, "I haven't been back to Ruston since that concert we did in the early 90's. I'd like to come, would you create an event?" These events only occur after a relationship is developed and then acted on. I would love to see the whole family recognized at half-time and then Tech get the national pub on A&E. But B!+(#ing about having to be asked is childish, even for you.
    HD is talking about just coming to a game. You don't have to be asked to return to your Alma mater's football games and show support. He lives in West Monroe. I understand he may be too busy with his priorities to buy season tickets and become a die hard, but it is unfortunate that he has never been back at all by his own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    HD is talking about just coming to a game. You don't have to be asked to return to your Alma mater's football games and show support. He lives in West Monroe. I understand he may be too busy with his priorities to buy season tickets and become a die hard, but it is unfortunate that he has never been back at all by his own choice.
    He pretty much only goes to town to worship and serve the Lord. He goes to some of his grandchildren's ballgames, but I don't think that is a huge priority for him.

We have many more recent and better known (because of what they did at Tech) athletes who have never darkened the Tech door since leaving. Some of those guys have lsu season tickets. THAT is a problem.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

He pretty much only goes to town to worship and serve the Lord. He goes to some of his grandchildren's ballgames, but I don't think that is a huge priority for him.

We have many more recent and better known (because of what they did at Tech) athletes who have never darkened the Tech door since leaving. Some of those guys have lsu season tickets. THAT is a problem.
    both of the scenarios are a problem.

+ Reply to Thread