+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Isham Gone

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: Isham Gone

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I completely agree with the cultural divide b/t Louisiana and California--it can be difficult to adjust. My gripe is against the seemingly consensus opinion that Isham would be the unquestioned starter for 2013. He didn't earn that type of qualification, imo. I believe many of us got too tied up with the novelties of his age and size and lost vision of his actual performance. To be honest, I was shocked that he was named the starter in 2012. While I thought he showed some toughness and promise, I also thought he was replaced by the better player. Nick will be fine. That said, I sensed an air of entitlement coming from him. And I will not respect that--NOT FOR A MINUTE!

I must agree with you here. If one wants respect...they must earn it!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wmladawg View Post
    I think Taylor Burch has much more potential.......if not for baseball!!!

TB will get a pro contract in BB & not FB. He is choosing the best path for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Nick Isham was and is a good kid and could have grown into a good QB with time and experience. Our HC and OC did him a huge dis-service naming him the starter as a 17 yr old true freshman. As Isham floundered (as anyone should have expected him to do) his confidence dropped and he was benched. If Scotty Young is announced as a new signee, then we will likely know why Isham left. College football is a tough business and "all players are not created equally".

Good luck to you, Nick.

I'm not sure that he would have come to LA Tech had we not promissed him the job. Just my opinion. We all know that it is nutts to start a true freshman at QB in 1-A.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I must agree with you here. If one wants respect...they must earn it!
    That's why I want to talk about COLBY CAMERON! That dude went through the fire and the rain. He sat behind Nick and never uttered a disparaging word. He came out, ignited the team, and showed he was the superior player all along. The guy EARNED it! If Nick wants to go somewhere so he can feel more comfortable. Godspeed! But I'm interested in discussing players that WANT to put in what it takes to be winners at LaTech. Nick Isham is not a variable in that equation...

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Nick Isham was a 1-A recruit, not a draft pick. I enjoyed watching him rep the State T; he showed some real flashes, and he was part of a really good squad. Things, often don't work out. I sincerely wish him the best. C'est tout.

That's why I want to talk about COLBY CAMERON! That dude went through the fire and the rain. He sat behind Nick and never uttered a disparaging word. He came out, ignited the team, and showed he was the superior player all along. The guy EARNED it! If Nick wants to go somewhere so he can feel more comfortable. Godspeed! But I'm interested in discussing players that WANT to put in what it takes to be winners at LaTech. Nick Isham is not a variable in that equation...

Again, I agree with you. CC has far exceeded "my" expectations. Let's just stay on the high road.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    I'm guessing this is the guy everyone is referring to.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/ar...y-for-unt.html
    SCOTTYYOUNG10_21150.JPG

Jeff Spicoli?

Big Dog BadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Nick Isham was and is a good kid and could have grown into a good QB with time and experience. Our HC and OC did him a huge dis-service naming him the starter as a 17 yr old true freshman. As Isham floundered (as anyone should have expected him to do) his confidence dropped and he was benched. If Scotty Young is announced as a new signee, then we will likely know why Isham left. College football is a tough business and "all players are not created equally".

Good luck to you, Nick.
    I agree 100%. The kid is just 18 y/o and having all that handed to him at 17, then taken away, probably gave him a sense of betrayal (right or wrong). After being asked to RS and potential of another good QB coming in, I'm sure that was the end. I don't blame him or the coaching staff on him leaving, it's just college football which IS a tough business. I think he'll make someone a good QB with time. I wish him the best!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree with the cultural divide b/t Louisiana and California--it can be difficult to adjust. My gripe is against the seemingly consensus opinion that Isham would be the unquestioned starter for 2013. He didn't earn that type of qualification, imo. I believe many of us got too tied up with the novelties of his age and size and lost vision of his actual performance. To be honest, I was shocked that he was named the starter in 2012. While I thought he showed some toughness and promise, I also thought he was replaced by the better player. Nick will be fine. That said, I sensed an air of entitlement coming from him. And I will not respect that--NOT FOR A MINUTE!
    I agree with you on this. I just never saw the ability or potential that some on here saw in Isham. I certainly couldn't see why Dykes started him over Colby. Their stats were pretty much even in August and Colby had the size and arm strength advantage. Isham just looked like a little kid out there on the field. If Colby starts at the beginning, we win at least 2-3 more games.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I agree with you on this. I just never saw the ability or potential that some on here saw in Isham. I certainly couldn't see why Dykes started him over Colby. Their stats were pretty much even in August and Colby had the size and arm strength advantage. Isham just looked like a little kid out there on the field. If Colby starts at the beginning, we win at least 2-3 more games.
    +1. I was pulling for Nick as much as anyone, but I still had those nagging doubts in the back of my mind. I also agree with that last sentence. While it's hard to say that Colby would've have DEFINITELY outperformed Nick in the games Nick started, it stands to reason that based on Colby's performance later in the year, he could've gotten us Ws against Houston and probably MSU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Why would he leave mid-quarter? Seems like he would at least completed the quarter.
    Word is that it was still early enough in the quarter to drop all his classes.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Word is that it was still early enough in the quarter to drop all his classes.
    This is true

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Sorry if I missed it but has there been any mention about where he is going?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Sorry if I missed it but has there been any mention about where he is going?
    Yeah, home.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Now we just need to hope that CC stays healthy. If CC goes down to a season ending injury, all of our 2012 dreams go up in smoke. We do NOT have a viable backup QB with any legitimate experience to speak of.

HD

+ Reply to Thread