+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Kim

Hybrid View

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Kim

I may have mixed emotions about KMR, but Baylor totally dominated that second half. Congratulations to her and the Lady Bears! Griner may be the best player ever to have played WBB. KMR has established herself among the elite now and, I have no doubts, will be joining Leon, Pat and Geno in history as one of the best.......
    Last edited by champion110; 04-04-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Congratulations Kim

I'm so happy!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I'm so happy!

Well, I am all over the board with my thoughts about Kim. Love and anger........ So, I just wanted to give credit where it is due.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Was that on last night?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Was that on last night?
    To a packed house and lots of stars in the crowd. It is a MUCH bigger deal than anyone against WBB wants to admit.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    To a packed house and lots of stars in the crowd. It is a MUCH bigger deal than anyone against WBB wants to admit.
    Exactly. And to Kim's credit, she consistently keeps Louisiana Tech's name in the public eye by crediting her Alma mater for a number of things that have led to her current success, including her first coaching opportunity, the great support she has received from Lady Techster fans in Ruston, etc...

Kim Mulkey has brought more recognition to Louisiana Tech this spring than the Lady Techsters did. Every time I turn around, I see Tech mentioned in some story about Mulkey.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Exactly. And to Kim's credit, she consistently keeps Louisiana Tech's name in the public eye by crediting her Alma mater for a number of things that have led to her current success, including her first coaching opportunity, the great support she has received from Lady Techster fans in Ruston, etc...

Kim Mulkey has brought more recognition to Louisiana Tech this spring than the Lady Techsters did. Every time I turn around, I see Tech mentioned in some story about Mulkey.

HD
    Yes..... and I have to give Kim credit. Everyone knows that I have always had mixed feelings about her since leaving. Yes, I blame D.R., but I put some of the blame on KM too. Plus, I made a statement yesterday that it was difficult for me to cheer for someone that hated Tech. I am changing, though. It is obvious that she still loves Tech now and gives us major props. It is a shame about what happened in the past, but some folks need to wake up before it happens again. We may need WBB to be a power more than anyone thinks. We need a top 10 program in the WORST possible way. Yes, MBB and Football are the money makers. We all know that. Fans need to get excited over something again, though, and we have the tradition and ability to build it back right now. When the TAC starts getting packed again, you start promoting the H out of MBB and football.

Name recognition is everything nationally. We have an easy path with WBB, if we invest in it again. I am NOT saying to overfund it. I am not saying to underfund MBB and Football. This can all be done together. I am just saying that the easiest route is WBB and it would likely get to the top first. MBB needs to be a regular contender in the S16 after that. Football needs to have a bcs busting year. Those will come with fan support and marketing. You get the crowd in the gate, get a nationally recognized brand, and do it RIGHT this time and it will be successful.

If you don't like WBB, you don't have to come to the games or even get on this section of the board. There are PLENTY that do, so it will be no loss. I think we have the coaches in place that we need to make this happen - Spoon, White, and Dykes. If we up the recruiting budget and keep improving the facilities, we can get the recruits and the crowds.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

although I do think Kim is a good coach I think it's fair to say that having what appears to everyone who doesn't want to worry about being politically correct, a man on her team, she has a little bit of an unfair advantage against everyone else. Britney Griner would have to be tested before she would make the olympic team and something tells me (mostly her size sixteen mens shoe) that she wouldn't make the team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    although I do think Kim is a good coach I think it's fair to say that having what appears to everyone who doesn't want to worry about being politically correct, a man on her team, she has a little bit of an unfair advantage against everyone else. Britney Griner would have to be tested before she would make the olympic team and something tells me (mostly her size sixteen mens shoe) that she wouldn't make the team.
    That's a nasty, bigoted, stomach turning, post about an innocent 20-yr old college kid who has done nothing more than work hard to achieve success in her sport. I'm sure your post above will make many modern day LA Tech fans very proud.

HD

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

That's a nasty, bigoted, stomach turning, post about an innocent 20-yr old college kid who has done nothing more than work hard to achieve success in her sport. I'm sure your post above will make many modern day LA Tech fans very proud.

HD
    There is a difference b/t anatomical sex and gender identification. One could legitimately refer to each as "she" and "her". I listened closely and haven't heard a direct refutation of any question related to anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    There is a difference b/t anatomical sex and gender identification. One could legitimately refer to each as "she" and "her". I listened closely and haven't heard a direct refutation of any question related to anatomy.
    I've heard some people say the same thing about YOU. :icon_wink:

HD

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard some people say the same thing about YOU. :icon_wink:

HD
    I've always said I woulda made a helluva player on a girls' team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post

HD
    Especially from the "tolerant liberal" above.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Especially from the "tolerant liberal" above.
    Spoken like a true conservative christian.

+ Reply to Thread