+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Mulkey full page interview in USAToday 3/28 :/

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Kim Mulkey full page interview in USAToday 3/28 :/

You know there are always 2 sides to a story, but wow...I can't help but think about what could've been if things had worked out and Kim had stayed at Tech.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...terstitialskip
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 03-29-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: Kim Mulkey full page interview in USAToday 3/28 :/

You'd think her son would be on his way to play for Baylor baseball, not LSU.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

She would not have stayed. After two or three years of success, she'd have left for big money.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Hmmm Tech77 you must not have read the interview she said in it that she would have probably never left. Kim is many things and loyal is one of them too bad we were not loyal to her.
    Seems like Kenneth Star and the AD at Baylor fully understand what her impact has been for the university.

They even said as much in the Interview.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Wasn't sure if to start a new thread or to just place it hear. However it was sad to hear about this! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

http://espn.go.com/womens-basketball/

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Hmmm Tech77 you must not have read the interview she said in it that she would have probably never left. Kim is many things and loyal is one of them too bad we were not loyal to her.
    Seems like Kenneth Star and the AD at Baylor fully understand what her impact has been for the university.

They even said as much in the Interview.
    Yeah, right.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Wasn't sure if to start a new thread or to just place it hear. However it was sad to hear about this! Wishing her a speedy recovery.

http://espn.go.com/womens-basketball/
    It is more of a nuisance than anything, but is horribly bothersome.........

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried not to post on this thread, because I am just so tired of re-hashing this topic. I do have to agree with Phil, though, that Baylor gets it! They knew that they needed something for fans to get into - their football and MBB was below average and, even, going through controversy. They invested in WBB, like we did in the beginning. The wins came and the fans came and they pack that place for WBB like we used to do.

My opinion on KMR is still that she was being stubborn about the one year, because it wasn't allowed in Louisiana at that time and she had assurance that she could have it in another capacity, if things didn't work out. However, D.R. could have gone before the Board and asked for an exception or make it work in some other way. He didn't try hard enough and was being stubborn, as well. Do I think she would still be here, if she had taken the deal? Yes........

She is gone, though, and we go through threads on her every week it seems - especially when they are in the playoffs. I get tired of re-hashing it. It is done. And I know by posting, it is just adding to the thread......

Puppy aai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time aai004's Avatar

"i'm a homebody, i was comfortable where i was. I don't think i ever would have left louisiana tech had the incident not happened with the president."

"i was going to be following in a legend's footsteps and if you look at the history, most coaches who follow legends are not very successful in a short period of time," mulkey says. "i had been at (louisiana tech) since i was 18 years old and spent my whole college and coaching life there. I felt i had proven my loyalty. "it wasn't about more money, i just felt job security was so important. I felt on principle i needed to stand up for what i thought was right. If i had gotten that five-year contract, i don't think i would have ever left."
    ouchhhh

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

She still double crossed the school she so loved and its pretty unforgiveable

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Shame on you!

That's like saying Benedict Arnold doubled-crossed this nation!

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Her whining and inability to move on from the way she left makes her look very, very petty & small. "Job Security." Ha!...what an utter joke. She was beloved...idolized as much as any of the Techster greats. She would have had to been involved in something terrible to ever be asked to leave--something other than just wins & losses. To suggest job security was an issue is beyond ridiculous.

The contract thing was about her ego. It's obvious, really...she STILL can't believe someone stood up to her, and the anger over it gnaws at her still.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

seems that Pigtails now has Bells Pausey, pardon my spelling of the illness !
    It's a drawing of one side of the face and makes it difficult to talk and looks kind of like someone that might have had a stroke!
    I don't know if this has already been noted on here or not!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    That is perhaps the single most hilarious-because-it-is-ridiculous post I've ever read on this board.

Double-crossed and unforgivable. Completely out of touch with reality.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

No, the anger gnaws at the Tech fan base as evidenced by your posts and those of countless others who just don't get it. She didn't betray anyone, and her healthy ego has been backed up again and again as she demonstrates what Tech lost the day they lost her. The only thing Mulkey is gnawing on are the strands of the nets she continues to cut down, championship after championship.

+ Reply to Thread