+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Kim

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Congratulations Kim

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a nasty, bigoted, stomach turning, post about an innocent 20-yr old college kid who has done nothing more than work hard to achieve success in her sport. I'm sure your post above will make many modern day LA Tech fans very proud.

HD
    Look I don't care what you think of the comment. It's not a reflection on her at all. I am the least discriminatory person besides Champion on this board but the bottom line is that it is obvious that she has some gender issues and any test would prove it, ie like the olympics would administer. They did it with the African runner. Griner has a 16male shoe and a voice deeper than Leons. I have been around gender affected people. The signs are all there. Is it an unfair advantage in college athletes. Of course it is and all of you know it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I know what was written in USA Today, it was plain and simple to read and it was in black and white. There was no way to not understand what not only the AD said but what the President said.
    While it did not say shambles it talked about how devastating it would be if Kim was not at Baylor so I misused shambles for devastating.
    They never mentioned any of the other coaches as Ambassadors but hey you could be right and it is possible that they could care less that she has brought them into the National Spotlight on a regular basis since being there.
    They probably think in WACO awe that is sweet the girls won a national title. I doubt that is their thoughts but it could be.
    I have a feeling that it is an electric feeling there right now and has been all season.
    In my mind Kim Mulkey = winning and since she has been there Baylor has been winning and will continue to win as long as they are being held on the firm foundation by their Ambassador.

You still have it out of order. Read the post by Dawg06 above.

I will put it in the correct order for you:

They aren't winning because they hired KM. #1 They wanted to win so #2 they hired KM.

See the difference????

The leadership made a decision that winning in ALL SPORTS was a priority.

The Baylor leadership made a plan called Baylor 2012 (again, see the post above.) They then executed the plan and they are winning now in most of their sports. This is a VERY simple concept to grasp.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 04-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    you're so funny. and clever. did you come up with that on your own? if you have a job, you should quit it and become a stand up comic. so original and creative.

and by the way, the dumbass bus is pulling out and your seat is empty.
    and if you knew a thing about me you would know that your comments about me are so off base. I have more friends from all walks of life and yes even some of them have gone through the change. I can spot a gender issued person because I have personal experience with them. And no I don 't mean lesbian, I mean gender issue. Britney Griner, I would bet my life on it would test positive as more male than female. Is it fair to test her and change her life, no that should be left to her because finding out something like that would be life changing. But in the issue of fairness to the other women who play sports, there is also a legitimate discussion about the fairness about having someone who could possible be gender issued. Unfortunately some of you would rather call names then just have the conversation but in everyones mind the conversation is already going on. So no Farfromafar. You jump on the dumbass bus. I will stay on the reality this is life bus. I might add since you are being so quick to judge, that I havent had one conversation amongst my gay and my straight friends who have not expressed the opinion that Griner might actually test positive as a male.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

They aren't winning because they hired KM. #1 They wanted to win so #2 they hired KM.

See the difference????

The Baylor leadership made a plan called Baylor 2012 (again, see the post above.) They then executed the plan and they are winning now in most of their sports. This is a VERY simple concept to grasp.
    I will go find the article and post it so that everyone can see what it says in USA Today.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

See the difference????

Don't need to see the post by the other person the USA Today article had direct quotes by the AD and President that is all that needs to be said about it.

Don't need to see the post by the other person the USA Today article had direct quotes by the AD and President that is all that needs to be said about it.
    follow the link
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...terstitialskip

Baylor President Ken Starr (who I am not a fan of personally but at least he seems to have a touch of common sense in this matter)
    "I tell people Kim Mulkey could be elected to anything in central Texas and she wouldn't even have to declare a party. It would be devastating to Baylor University if she were not here."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Baylor President Ken Starr (who I am not a fan of personally but at least he seems to have a touch of common sense in this matter)
    "I tell people Kim Mulkey could be elected to anything in central Texas and she wouldn't even have to declare a party. It would be devastating to Baylor University if she were not here."
    And he is right......

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    And he is right......
    Oh yeah he is absolutely correct, again I don't like him but he seems to be in touch about how important of a role she plays in the grand scheme of things at Baylor.

She was the first hire that got them headed in the right direction, I am not sure 100% but most of the colleges and universities while hiring a coach they have a search committee and when they are finalizing the candidates that committee makes sure that all of the coaches have an opportunity to sit down and discuss things with those candidates.

I can't say for sure but it seems like Baylor may have had KM sit in on those since she has a pretty good eye so selecting winners. If I was an AD and had a National Champion Coach in my program I know I would want his or her thoughts and ideas when hiring a Coach. I am sure it was more than just KM on that committee.

I am sure many coaches were in that meeting so that they could all get an idea and give feedback as to who would work well within their ideas and plans for the athletic programs.

You don't win alone you win with people so having your coaches play a part of the hiring process make full and total sense. You want to make sure that everyone is on the same page and has the same mission for the programs at Baylor or any University.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

That quote has NOTHING to do with nor does it come close to implying that Baylor would not be experiencing the football success they are having now had KM not been hired. To suggest so is a reach at best and incredibly stupid at its worst.

The post I was referring to was a plan crafted by Baylors leaders to improve the university. One of those goals is to be successfully in ALL SPORTS. WBB is simply one of those sports. They were tired of being doormats so they made a conscience effort to have a successful overall athletic department. Hiring quality coaches is a huge part of that. In other words they had a written plan they were following long before KM ever sniffed a WBB championship at Baylor. They weren't inspired to become successful after seeing KM win a NC like you keep saying. They had a plan, they executed that plan and are now successful. That simple.

Baylor recognizes both the vital role of athletics in the life of the collegiate institution and the potential for harm from misplaced priorities. Pursuant to the goal of creating a winning tradition with complete integrity, Baylor will participate across the full spectrum of men's and women's athletics and will strive to be competitive in every athletic venue in which it participates. We will achieve graduation rates comparable with the very finest Division I schools and integrate student-athletes into the full range of student life.

Original Goals to Achieve Imperative X
    • Integrate student-athletes more fully into Baylor life
    • Achieve and maintain a top five ranking in all sports in the Big XII point standings
    • Attain a top 25 position in the Sears Directors' Cup standings
    In other words they weren't waiting around to be "inspired" by a womens basketball championship. They won a womens basketball championship because they were inspired!!!!!! They were on the move before that National Championship ever happened. They were tired of losing went out and found the best coach they could find and she got the job done! They found the best FB coach they could and he is getting the job done, etc....

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    and if you knew a thing about me you would know that your comments about me are so off base. I have more friends from all walks of life and yes even some of them have gone through the change. I can spot a gender issued person because I have personal experience with them. And no I don 't mean lesbian, I mean gender issue. Britney Griner, I would bet my life on it would test positive as more male than female. Is it fair to test her and change her life, no that should be left to her because finding out something like that would be life changing. But in the issue of fairness to the other women who play sports, there is also a legitimate discussion about the fairness about having someone who could possible be gender issued. Unfortunately some of you would rather call names then just have the conversation but in everyones mind the conversation is already going on. So no Farfromafar. You jump on the dumbass bus. I will stay on the reality this is life bus. I might add since you are being so quick to judge, that I havent had one conversation amongst my gay and my straight friends who have not expressed the opinion that Griner might actually test positive as a male.
    you are so self-involved that you actually believe your own b/s.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    although I do think Kim is a good coach I think it's fair to say that having what appears to everyone who doesn't want to worry about being politically correct, a man on her team, she has a little bit of an unfair advantage against everyone else. Britney Griner would have to be tested before she would make the olympic team and something tells me (mostly her size sixteen mens shoe) that she wouldn't make the team.
    you said i know nothing about you and go on to espouse your virtues of being open-minded and inclusive.
    uh, THIS is what you said. you said Griner is a man. you can color your bigotry and pettiness all you want, but it's still ugly. sorry. you said it, you earned it. bigot.

Baylor recognizes both the vital role of athletics in the life of the collegiate institution and the potential for harm from misplaced priorities. Pursuant to the goal of creating a winning tradition with complete integrity, Baylor will participate across the full spectrum of men's and women's athletics and will strive to be competitive in every athletic venue in which it participates. We will achieve graduation rates comparable with the very finest Division I schools and integrate student-athletes into the full range of student life.

Original Goals to Achieve Imperative X
    • Integrate student-athletes more fully into Baylor life
    • Achieve and maintain a top five ranking in all sports in the Big XII point standings
    • Attain a top 25 position in the Sears Directors' Cup standings
    In other words they weren't waiting around to be "inspired" by a womens basketball championship. They won a womens basketball championship because they were inspired!!!!!! They were on the move before that National Championship ever happened. They were tired of losing went out and found the best coach they could find and she got the job done! They found the best FB coach they could and he is getting the job done, etc....
    Baylor President Ken Starr

Enough said about how important she is to Baylor Univeristy
    Nothing more needs to be said

+ Reply to Thread