+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we move on?????????????

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Can we move on?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    While I agree with 95% of your post BigDog13 from what I have seen has not said anything negative about KM. He has been first to give her props on being a great coach.
    He seems to not be on the same page as myself about how important she has been to Baylor University but he has never said anything negative about her in any of the post that I have been a part of with him.
    There are some on here though that have been very rude and have absolutely no class at all with some of their comments.
    BlindDog13 and myself have definately went round and round on some issues but I think I can speak for him when I say at no time do either of us condone people taking cheap shots at kids.
    It is garbage and just goes to show how little class some people have when they do crap like that.
    Those who mock others based on physical appearance or disability are the lowest life forms on the planet. Brittney Griner has more character and class than any of those on this board who attempt to tear her down. So she's tall and has a low voice, which some on here deem enough to call for a gender test. News flash: Many say the same about the Techsters' coach.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    While I agree with 95% of your post BigDog13 from what I have seen has not said anything negative about KM. He has been first to give her props on being a great coach.
    He seems to not be on the same page as myself about how important she has been to Baylor University but he has never said anything negative about her in any of the post that I have been a part of with him.
    There are some on here though that have been very rude and have absolutely no class at all with some of their comments.
    BlindDog13 and myself have definately went round and round on some issues but I think I can speak for him when I say at no time do either of us condone people taking cheap shots at kids.
    It is garbage and just goes to show how little class some people have when they do crap like that.
    Thanks Phil. As I have stated in numerous posts, (that HD has obviously never read before posting in ignorance) I think KM is a hell of a coach. She knocks down any obstacle that stands in her way. She has chosen coaching, but I think she would have been successful at pretty much any career she chose because to put it plain and simple, she is a winner. Once she sets a goal, she will not be denied. Obviously she is not only one of the best coaches in her sport but she might be THE best coach in her sport and now after this most recent National Championship, I think it is safe to put her in a group of the most elite WBB coaches of all-time.

Now, I actually think she is very valuable to Baylor. Much more than you think I do. In fact I am almost in agreement with you in how valuable she is to Baylor and I have never argued with you on her popularity in Waco.

Where we disagree is her impact on the other sports at Baylor and more specifically the Won/Loss records of those individual sports. I am adamant that had she built Baylor into a decent WBB program but not won any titles that Baylors FB, MBB, Baseball, Track, and other teams would be in the exact same position they are today and that Baylors new football stadium would still be on it's way and more than that, La. Tech would be in the exact same position we are in today (other than WBB of course which would obviously be much better had she stayed) When you and Champ leave out the other sports we are usually in agreement on KM.

BTW- LOL on the Blind Dog comment.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Thanks Phil. As I have stated in numerous posts, (that HD has obviously never read before posting in ignorance) I think KM is a hell of a coach. She knocks down any obstacle that stands in her way. She has chosen coaching, but I think she would have been successful at pretty much any career she chose because to put it plain and simple, she is a winner. Once she sets a goal, she will not be denied. Obviously she is not only one of the best coaches in her sport but she might be THE best coach in her sport and now after this most recent National Championship, I think it is safe to put her in a group of the most elite WBB coaches of all-time.

Now, I actually think she is very valuable to Baylor. Much more than you think I do. In fact I am almost in agreement with you in how valuable she is to Baylor and I have never argued with you on her popularity in Waco.

Where we disagree is her impact on the other sports at Baylor and more specifically the Won/Loss records of those individual sports. I am adamant that had she built Baylor into a decent WBB program but not won any titles that Baylors FB, MBB, Baseball, Track, and other teams would be in the exact same position they are today and that Baylors new football stadium would still be on it's way and more than that, La. Tech would be in the exact same position we are in today (other than WBB of course which would obviously be much better had she stayed) When you and Champ leave out the other sports we are usually in agreement on KM.

---
    I suppose some folks are still complaining about me calling Griner a she, or an “it” or maybe it was adding that she was a beast in WBB?
    Well, I can assure everyone that she has my total respect as the
    Miss. Everything in WBB, the Wade Trophy winner, The Player of the Year, and a couple other honors this year to go along with the NCAA Championship Ring to BOOT!
    Now if she would have happened to have been a Techster I would definitely like her a lot more as a player and what she brings to the game!
    I am although very happy that she is at least playing for a former Great Techster and Coach of the Techster Program, rather than some one that has no affiliation with the LaTech Women’s Basketball history!
    I also have great respect for Gino and Pat for the Great things they have done for Women’s Basketball but I sure don’t have either of them on my Christmas card list!
    I am the kind of guy that always pulls for the underdog unless of course it is one of the LaTech programs playing, and then of course I am True Blue here!
    And last but not least, when it comes to Coach TSpoon
    On this Easter Sunday I truly feel that she is a total Blessing for the program and as far as I am concerned, she does no wrong
    She’s a Great Coach, great motivator, and is rebuilding the Techster Program to something we will all be proud of in the very very, near future!
    Now I know nothing about coaching and don’t pretend to!
    Heck, I couldn’t find my way out of the TAC after a game if it wasn’t for my
    Seeing Eye Dog Vito!
    But, I got my butt in the seats for every game and have to have a guest come with me to drive me all the way from Shreveport for every home game, so I guess that gives me the
    Right to put in my 2 cents worth every now and then!
    Man, I am loving being on board with laTech Sports and especially the Techsters
    It’s definitely time to “move on” and the future is looking brighter for all of the LaTech Sports Programs!
    Go Bulldogs, and Techsters, I will be there doing my bit to help in any way I can!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    I suppose some folks are still complaining about me calling Griner a she, or an “it” or maybe it was adding that she was a beast in WBB?
    Well, I can assure everyone that she has my total respect as the
    Miss. Everything in WBB, the Wade Trophy winner, The Player of the Year, and a couple other honors this year to go along with the NCAA Championship Ring to BOOT!
    Now if she would have happened to have been a Techster I would definitely like her a lot more as a player and what she brings to the game!
    I am although very happy that she is at least playing for a former Great Techster and Coach of the Techster Program, rather than some one that has no affiliation with the LaTech Women’s Basketball history!
    I also have great respect for Gino and Pat for the Great things they have done for Women’s Basketball but I sure don’t have either of them on my Christmas card list!
    I am the kind of guy that always pulls for the underdog unless of course it is one of the LaTech programs playing, and then of course I am True Blue here!
    And last but not least, when it comes to Coach TSpoon
    On this Easter Sunday I truly feel that she is a total Blessing for the program and as far as I am concerned, she does no wrong
    She’s a Great Coach, great motivator, and is rebuilding the Techster Program to something we will all be proud of in the very very, near future!
    Now I know nothing about coaching and don’t pretend to!
    Heck, I couldn’t find my way out of the TAC after a game if it wasn’t for my
    Seeing Eye Dog Vito!
    But, I got my butt in the seats for every game and have to have a guest come with me to drive me all the way from Shreveport for every home game, so I guess that gives me the
    Right to put in my 2 cents worth every now and then!
    Man, I am loving being on board with laTech Sports and especially the Techsters
    It’s definitely time to “move on” and the future is looking brighter for all of the LaTech Sports Programs!
    Go Bulldogs, and Techsters, I will be there doing my bit to help in any way I can!
    AMEN!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think some of the comments from me and Phil were confused between what Ken Star and their AD stated and what we stated. In any case, I can agree with your above post. I think the difference in what Baylor did and what Tech did (when we had the same program) was they built off the excitement that WBB generated. Yes, they may have had all that support, buildings, and success without WBB, but KM generated excitement and they built from it. We just let it sit.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Kim and crew were cheating at recruiting, all over ESPN. Nothing big, but interesting timing.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Kim and crew were cheating at recruiting, all over ESPN. Nothing big, but interesting timing.
    Wow........ Termed "major infractions" by the NCAA and awaiting discipline. Over 1200 non-permitted calls and texts by men's and women's coaches.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

See I think that is a misunderstanding between us also, I just know for a fact that KM and the softball, Men's Basketball and Football coaches are tight and that they go above and beyond supporting each others programs.

They use each other for sounding boards and when an issue arises with athletes that a coach from another sport may have had to deal with they lend support in what ever area they can.

I know you will disagree that this has no impact on wins and losses but I feel differently, I think they are all responsible for the success that each of them have garnered in their respective sports because it truly does take a village. LOL

I could be wrong but I think that they would agree that they all take ownership in the success and failures that each other has in their program that is called a family and at Baylor they seem to represent a big ole family.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Wow........ Termed "major infractions" by the NCAA and awaiting discipline. Over 1200 non-permitted calls and texts by men's and women's coaches.
    Not true. Kim is just that great. Most people don't know this, but Chuck Norris has a twin sister; her name is Kim Mulkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Not true. Kim is just that great. Most people don't know this, but Chuck Norris has a twin sister; her name is Kim Mulkey.

I just know for a fact that KM and the softball, Men's Basketball and Football coaches are tight and that they go above and beyond supporting each others programs
    Phil,
    They might have gone too far with supporting each other and telling the other how to recruit this time. :icon_wink: I am just joking around with you........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On second thought, let's NOT move on just yet. Please keep the latest baylor news flowing....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On second thought, let's NOT move on just yet. Please keep the latest baylor news flowing....
    I was wondering who would be the first to suggest that........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I was wondering who would be the first to suggest that........
    You needed to wonder?

+ Reply to Thread