+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Aviation Women Competing in Air Race Classic

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Tech Aviation Women Competing in Air Race Classic

Two of our fine aviators have been selected to compete in a very prestigious Air Race.

I have flown with each these excellent pilots on many occasions and am very proud that they will be representing our school on a NATIONAL stage for the first time. I have reached out to support them both financially and in spreading the word, and can promise you this is a very worthy cause and a great honor for them. Anything you could spare to donate (Paypal) would be a major help.

PM me if you would need more information about the pilots or the event, or if you would like to help but prefer to do it in a different way. Thank you!

My name is Jessica Vinson and I’m a recent grad (March 2012) of Louisiana Tech in Professional Aviation. Just a few months ago, Mr. Odom (department head of Professional Aviation) approached me about the all women’s Air Race Classic, a 2330 nautical mile (2681 mile) race across the United States starting in Lake Havasu City, AZ to Batavia, OH in June. Being a lover of a challenge and adventure, I accepted the offer and asked Jessica Lowery, Professional Aviation Senior, to be my Co-Pilot. We are thrilled and ready to prepare.

The race will consist of 4 days of flying, 80 hours of flight time, and countless memories. It will also be an incredible chance to advertise Louisiana Tech University as we will be up against 14 other collegiate aviation teams.

At this point, with less than 40 days to go, we need our university's support. We need to get the word out about the race, share our website and our blog, and fundraise over $7000. The money will go towards fuel, food, registration, aircraft expenses and hotels. This could open so many doors of opportunity for not only Jessica and I, but also for our school.

So I ask you, Louisiana Tech fans, spread the word! Visit our website! Consider contributing to our fundraising efforts! We also need Tech memorabilia for a raffle basket to be sold at the terminus of the race, called Showcase Your School. No donation is too small, and we appreciate you forwarding this message to anyone and everyone! You can also follow us on our journey with out blog on the website!

To donate, click the link to Sponsor Us on our website.

Also visit
    www.airraceclassic.org

Thank you, and we look forward to bringing you all along with us on this adventure!!

Team Jessica
    Air Race Classic Team 57

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Aviation Women Competing in Air Race Classic

Very cool. I will be making a donation to the team shortly.

Puppy jpvdance has turned a few heads around herejpvdance has turned a few heads around herejpvdance has turned a few heads around herejpvdance has turned a few heads around here

Thank you Greg for putting us on the map! Please contact myself or Jessica Lowery for any more information on the race, we are only 3 weeks away and still in great need for support!
    Blue Skies,
    Jessica Vinson

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

The Air Race began this morning. For anybody wanting to keep up with the Tech girls, click link below:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N182PW

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool!!

+ Reply to Thread