+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys like this Conference?

Puppy pirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nice

How do you guys like this Conference?

ECU
    Marshall
    La Tech
    Tulsa
    Tulane
    FIU
    FAU
    Southern Miss
    N. Texas
    Rice
    Charlotte(BBall Only Football in 2 Years)
    ODU (Bball Only Football in 2 Years)
    Ga. State
    UAB

Gives us Good TV Markets in Charlotte, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas,Miami, Birmingham, and Tulsa. Plus Marshall's and ECU's are top 100..and at ECU we get heavy pickup in Raleigh Durham (TV stations are shown on Greenville cable)

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: How do you guys like this Conference?

I think Tech fans would be happy if we are with ECU, Marshall, Tulsa, Tulane, Southern Miss and anybody else (whoever... doesn't matter) . Although I like strong small-market teams over terrible big-market teams.

Puppy pirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nicepirateradio97 is just really nice

I hope you all get in to our conference..I believ LA Tech has alot of upside...and when you come to Greenville you will get to experience some great tailgating and BBQ..Eastern NC StyleEast-Carolina-Universtity-Stadium-480x245.jpg

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

as long as Tech gets to play Southern Miss every year

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

FAU has already been told 'no'. Charlotte, ODU and Ga. State are not under consideration, and Ga. State is going to the 'belt.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Any conference without a UL-X team sounds better than the WAC as of right now.

Actually Charlotte is under consideration for BBall only and football in 2015. ODU is in the running also..Believe me...Big TV Market and they already have good bball and a very solid fan base..and I havent heard FAU has been told no...

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like this better to start....

East
    ECU
    Marshall
    FIU
    UAB
    MTSU
    Southern Miss

West
    Louisiana Tech
    Tulsa
    UNT
    UTSA
    Rice
    Tulane

In 2 or 3 years you could then pick two of the three from UNCC, Georgia State, and ODU to add to the East, and move Southern Miss to the West.

You don't need both FIU and FAU, and FIU is by far the stronger overall. MTSU would be a much better pick right now than FAU.
    UTSA would balance out the West better than having all three of the UNCC-Georgia State-ODU combo in a 14-team league.

I would be ok with MTSU..give u the Nashville TV Market also...Charlotte and ODU Basketball only for right now and let football grow..Our AD Terry Holland I believe will be pulling for these guys

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pirateradio97 View Post
    I would be ok with MTSU..give u the Nashville TV Market also...Charlotte and ODU Basketball only for right now and let football grow..Our AD Terry Holland I believe will be pulling for these guys
    Do you realize why ECU is not in the Big East? It's not because you don't have a good school and a good athletic program with lots of support from your alumni. It's because you're not located in a big city. So, why are you promoting schools in big cities with weak athletic programs and very little support? Think about it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

So the weaker football is the better you like it. That makes sense.

Im not promoting schools..Im promoting money..TV Markets will drive this..and yes I understand that is the reason we are not in the Big East, however, those markets are important, and I believe a mix of schools with tradition and schools with potential could make the conference great. We need the TV Revenue though..You ight want to look up ODU on fan support 8,000 a game for basketball and over 17,000 Season Tickets sold for football

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

They all look much better than we are currently.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Charlotte is under consideration for BBall only and football in 2015. ODU is in the running also..Believe me...Big TV Market and they already have good bball and a very solid fan base..and I havent heard FAU has been told no...
    Wrong. ODU is not even close to being considered for membership at this time and if you didn't even know about FAU why am I wasting time responding? And to say a school is under consideration for 2015 is so distant in this ever-changing landscape it is nothing more than a fanciful hypothetical.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

LFR I commend you on your tact! I didn't have the right words to respond.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread