+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Hornets Power Past Louisiana Tech, Win Series

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Conference Play Set to Begin as Baseball Hosts Sacramento State

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Coming off two stellar performances by the Louisiana Tech pitching staff, the Bulldogs (15-14) begin Western Athletic Conference play on Friday against Sacramento State at 6 p.m. at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Conference Play Set to Begin as Baseball Hosts Sacramento State

Normally I'd say 2 out of 3 would be fine, but this team needs to start with a sweep.

Hope our defense backs up our Friday starter and he has a breakout game tonight.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Baseball. Conference Play Set to Begin as Baseball Hosts Sacramento State

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Normally I'd say 2 out of 3 would be fine, but this team needs to start with a sweep.

Hope our defense backs up our Friday starter and he has a breakout game tonight.
    That sure would be nice!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Tech vs. Sacramento State Game Notes 4.6

Ryan Gebhardt hit his first career home run as Louisiana Tech (16-14, 1-0 WAC) defeated Sacramento State (14-16, 0-1 WAC) in the Western Athletic Conference opener on Friday evening at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Baseball Baseball. Gebhardt Hits First Career Home Run as Baseball Defeats Sacramento State, 7

Ryan Gebhardt hit his first career home run as Louisiana Tech (16-14, 1-0 WAC) defeated Sacramento State (14-16, 0-1 WAC) in the Western Athletic Conference opener on Friday evening at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Gebhardt Hits First Career Home Run as Baseball Defeats Sacramento Stat

Good start to conference play.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Gebhardt Hits First Career Home Run as Baseball Defeats Sacramento Stat

The homerun by Gebhardt could make for another debate thread between us small ballers and Dawg06.

Gebhardt is one of the most unselfish players and best bunters on this team. He missed a saftey squeeze attempt and the runner on third got picked off. I think maybe the next pitch he jacked his first homerun.

The first thing that popped in my mind was HoDo and Dawg06 discussion the play. I also had a visual of Dawg06 throwing a fit after the pick off.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The homerun by Gebhardt could make for another debate thread between us small ballers and Dawg06.

Gebhardt is one of the most unselfish players and best bunters on this team. He missed a saftey squeeze attempt and the runner on third got picked off. I think maybe the next pitch he jacked his first homerun.

The first thing that popped in my mind was HoDo and Dawg06 discussion the play. I also had a visual of Dawg06 throwing a fit after the pick off.
    Yeah, we're both looking for any evidence to prove our points, but the DAWGS have not been very consistent yet, so more than likely, we won't reach an agreement quickly. I'm realizing that most of today's players grew up in an era when everyone could be a slugger, so many of them have not developed the skills needed for effective small ball. It may take a few years, but I expect we'll be seeing a return to the style of baseball us old-timers learned to love. With today's bats we are seeing more long flyouts that would have been homers a couple of years ago. As Dawg06 always points outs, making an out is not good. Getting on base (and scoring a run) is the goal.

In last night's game, we attempted to play small ball but the execution was not always good. We did hit behind runners some to advance them into scoring position. It will get better with practice and with more acceptance by the players. Winning games is the goal and I still believe that playing good small ball is the best way. I expect even Dawg06 will be a convert in a couple of years.

Baseball is certainly more fun when we win. Last night's come from behind win was great for the team and the fans. Hopefully, we will continue to win. The defense by both teams was good. The only error charged in the game was a hard hit ground ball right at Sac State's first baseman that seemed to take a bad hop. This error happened in the 5th inning when the DAWGS scored 5 runs on 6 singles, the bad hop error, and a sac fly. There were no walks or extra base hits during that very exciting "small ball" rally.

I'm looking forward to today's game. Hopefully, the crowd will be bigger.

FYI, the two cute girls cheering for Sac State were LSU students who drove up for the game to watch Sac State's 2nd baseman. One of the girls was his cousin.

Baseball Baseball. Louisiana Tech Falls Short in Pitcher's Duel

Runs were at a premium in game two of a three-game set as the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (16-15, 1-1 WAC) fell to Sacramento State (15-16, 1-1 WAC), 2-1, on Saturday afternoon at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Louisiana Tech Falls Short in Pitcher's Duel

Wake me up when we have a new coach.

Baseball Baseball. Hornets Power Past Louisiana Tech, Win Series

Alex Williams and Sam Alvis hit a solo home run apiece as Louisiana Tech (16-16, 1-2 WAC) fell to Sacramento State (16-16, 2-1 WAC), 11-6, on Sunday afternoon at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Baseball. Hornets Power Past Louisiana Tech, Win Series

The inexcusable indignities we must endure.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Need not worry boys, these practice games dont mean anything.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

This post is not about the record or the coaching. It's to show information about the bat used in college baseball.

In 2010, we played 57 games and had 81 HR's (1.42 per game). 5 players had 11 or more HR's.
    In 2011, we played 61 games and had 28 HR's (0.46 per game). Will Alvis had 10, Mark Threlkeld had 9, and Alex Williams was 3rd with 4.
    In 2012, we have played 32 games and have 23 HR's (0.72 per game). Alex Williams leads with 9 and 4 players are tied for 2nd place with 2 and 6 players have 1 each.

Through 2010, college baseball used a bat that propelled the ball much faster off the bat. In 2011, the BBCOR bat significantly reduced the "ping". The 2012 bat was "powered up" but still is not as hot as the 2010 and earlier bat. The bats have made a tremendous difference in HR's from just two years ago.
    Last edited by HoDo-Tech70; 04-08-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: 2011 HR stats edited

Sac St is probably the 2nd worst team in the conference.

+ Reply to Thread