+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wood Fence

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Wood Fence

I wonder if this sounds right regarding a fence estimate.

210 Linear feet of 6 ft privacy fence with one 4 foot wide gate
    $2925.00 (approx $13.93 per foot)

Specs
    4x4x8' Posts
    2x4x8' Rails
    1x6x6' Pickets

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Wood Fence

That price per LF is good....Insurance companies actually pay more than that so your quote is a good one

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I'm getting another quote from a better builder, over the phone they said they can do it at $11.50 per LF (include permit and survey).

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

They'll go right thru cedar:

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

The wood fence we have in our yard has a cap rail like the one in the picture below. The cap rail looks good IMHO and holds everything together.

Puppy olliel is an unknown

that fence looks good!you might wanna make sure that fr that price though they will really do all the job and that you will get the right materials becasue sometimes comapnies quote for lesser price but they shirtchange on materials and what not, so just make sure you that they will really get the job done at their best.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had done a cap rail and run a 1x4 along the bottom to keep everything from bowing on me. We built a fence very close to the size you did on our own and all the supplies cost me $1650 or so, plus 2 weekends of work. My 1 bit of advice would be to really beef up the posts holding your gate. We set 2 4x4 posts 10 inches apart and threaded a metal rod between them at the top and bottom. Very solid.

Puppy kadmilrampton is an unknown kadmilrampton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I wonder if this sounds right regarding a fence estimate.

210 Linear feet of 6 ft privacy fence with one 4 foot wide gate
    $2925.00 (approx $13.93 per foot)

Specs
    4x4x8' Posts
    2x4x8' Rails
    1x6x6' Pickets
    To be frank for investing money on something it really makes me feel pathetic
    I really believe in making my own stuff like I had made my own fence around my office furniture Clearwater fl and it looks like this

the main advantage to this is like we know what kind of wood we are using plus we don't blame any one for there product since its made by us only and most importantly we love it a lot !! I know its not easy but yes once we made it we really feel very proud!!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've got the caprail and love it. It will add some cost but worth it in the long run IMO.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread