+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saints....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saints....

This is a personal opinion (which I never shy away from making...), but I think naming Vitt is a mistake.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jo...he-saints.html

Especially as it relates directly to the 2012 season. Now, as pointed out in this article, it will pay dividends going forward, in 2013 and beyond, as it shows loyality by Benson to his staff, and this will galvanize the team. Okay, granted. But, I think it would have been perfectly understandable, and acceptable, by the staff and the team, to have named Tuna, or someone of that stature, to serve as HC for one year. I think the players, and the rest of the coaching staff, would have appreciated being able to find some stability for 2012.

Right now, the biggest wildcard, which I have already pointed out several times, is Brees. The status of the '12 season hinges on his leadership. But, right now, he's not even poised to be in camp when it opens soon. This......waaaaaay beyond the total silliness of this so-called scandal, which is nothing but good football to me...is the biggest disappointment. Okay, I admit it, I allowed myself to be duped. I thought Brees was different. At least, in a vain attempt to find something GOOD in sports these days, I assigned "saintly" status to Brees. (my last holdout is Lance Armstrong....I pray it is never proven he doped....I hope he stayed clean and did it right. If not, it is all gone.) But, Brees is like all the rest. Greedy to a fault. Unappreciative that his career was not only saved by the Saints taking a chance on him (his shoulder injury), but that he found himself in exactly the right place, at the right time. Of course he is a great QB, and within the scope of pro sports he is as deserving as any other of reaping the rewards. But....his career was dead in the water. A little appreciation would be....appreciated.

Oh, screw 'em all! I'm gonna jump on my bike and go peddle 20 miles in less than 1:15 (75 mins). That's my goal for today. I compete with myself.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Saints....

Tuna said no. He decided he didnt want the job. I guess they saw Vitt as the best of who was available.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Tuna said no. He decided he didnt want the job. I guess they saw Vitt as the best of who was available.
    Then, someone else who would have kept things together for a year.

And! 72:46 for 20 miles. Very windy today.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Vilma looking to face a 2-8 game suspension.

Much lighter than what I feared. I figured with the way he dropped the hammer down on the Coaches, we were going to look at maybe an entire season suspension for Vilma.
    http://www.ngngsports.com/2012/04/johnathon-vilma-reportedly-bracing-for-a-two-to-eight-game-suspension.html
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ce=twitter.com

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

If Armstrong doped, it won't bring dishonor or anything on him to me. I can't fault him for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    If Armstrong doped, it won't bring dishonor or anything on him to me. I can't fault him for doing it.
    ?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    ?
    I know others look down on it now, but stage 3 testicular cancer isn't the common cold. It's amazing enough he survived. But his passion, no doubt, was to compete. And frankly, I (being a non-medical person) can see why he would need to use PEDs to get him into peak physical performance to do what he did.

If the question was about the Saints, I have nothing. I don't like the Saints. Never have. I just follow them for the impact on the state.

+ Reply to Thread