+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Scotty Young to LaTech

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: QB Scotty Young to LaTech

We have some overrated 4 star recruit that couldn't cut it at Texas Tech to look forward to? We need Burch to get dedicated to football. Burch would get a lot more women and money playing football than being another baseball player. Burch is meant for football, not baseball, and he needs to realize this. Burch is the definition of what the NFL looks for in a QB.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    We have some overrated 4 star recruit that couldn't cut it at Texas Tech to look forward to? We need Burch to get dedicated to football. Burch would get a lot more women and money playing football than being another baseball player. Burch is meant for football, not baseball, and he needs to realize this. Burch is the definition of what the NFL looks for in a QB.
    Dude you really need some help. Your infatuation with a college athlete is disturbing at best...........

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I hope he's not another in a loooong line of disappointing transfers. I'm glad he chose to come to Tech, but I just can't get excited about a transfer who was so far down on the depth chart at Texas Tech. I'm not sure he can overcome his alleged inadequacies in his transfer year considering he had 2 years to learn and couldn't.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    I think you can forget about Burch. He's never going to be the starting QB as long as he skips spring training. There'll be 3 guys going at it for the starting QB position next year and Burch won't be one of them if he's playing baseball. As far as Young goes, look at what Colby has done. He's turned into a very good QB in his last 2 years.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I hope he's not another in a loooong line of disappointing transfers. I'm glad he chose to come to Tech, but I just can't get excited about a transfer who was so far down on the depth chart at Texas Tech. I'm not sure he can overcome his alleged inadequacies in his transfer year considering he had 2 years to learn and couldn't.
    So what, we've had more than our share of disappointing HS signees as well. Btw, the Ray Guy award winner is a transfer from Oregon State and DJ Banks from Tulane will play a major role in our offense this year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Our transfers looked great again yesterday. SD knows this side of the game very game well.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

We're finally going to have HIGH OCTANE offense.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    We're finally going to have HIGH OCTANE offense.
    We got one now.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Dirty, there's a lot more QB talent to compete with at TX Tech than there is at LA Tech. Truth be told, TX Tech probably has 3 or 4 QB's better than our #1 QB. Plus, Scotty Young took a chance that Tuberville would continue to be as QB friendly as Mike Leach had been, and of course that has NOT been the case.

Of course, nothing's guaranteed, but Scotty Young might be the biggest QB talent LA Tech has ever signed (yes, including Terry Bradshaw. Remember, Bradshaw wasn't even 1st team All District coming out of Woodlawn High School....the Miller kid from Fair Park, who signed with LSU and later died in Vietnam, was 1st team All District that year.) I don't think LA Tech has ever signed a QB who has the stats and raw abilities even close to what Scotty Young had coming out of high school. This kid definitely plays at a different level than what we're used to seeing in Ruston.

HD

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't think LA Tech has ever signed a QB who has the stats and raw abilities even close to what Scotty Young had coming out of high school.

HD
    Luke's stats and abilities were "even close".

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/NoJ...otty-young.htm

http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewpro...=88085&Sport=1

http://www.doubletnation.com/2009/3/...-young-commits

Scotty Young threw for 129 TD's in 2 years. That number is surpassed only by Graham Harrell in the history of Texas High School football.

Remember, Scotty Young committed to Mike Leach on March 9, 2009. Then Leach unexpectedly gets fired from TX Tech during Young's senior year, in late Dec 2009. By that time, there were only 35 days left until national signing day. It was to late for Young to find another school.

Bottom line is, Young stuck it out and tried to make it work with new TX Tech coach Tommy Tuberville, but Tubervillle doesn't embrace the spread offense the way Mike Leach did or Sonny Dykes does.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 04-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Scotty Young might be the biggest QB talent LA Tech has ever signed (yes, including Terry Bradshaw. Remember, Bradshaw wasn't even 1st team All District coming out of Woodlawn High School...
    HD
    I agree with you, Scotty Young is a TRULY INCREDIBLY talented QB. His stats in HS were unbelievable. We are extremely fortunate to have him.
    But let's not blaspheme when it comes to Bradshaw. As you are well aware, Bradshaw played when the QB was 'just another offensive back'. QBs today do not play with broken bones, cortizone shots at halftime, and concussions. Bradshaw and Montana are the only QBs on this planet with 4 NFL Super Bowl rings.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yes they were and he was one of our highest rated QB's ever coming to Ruston.

Dirty, there's a lot more QB talent to compete with at TX Tech than there is at LA Tech. Truth be told, TX Tech probably has 3 or 4 QB's better than our #1 QB. Plus, Scotty Young took a chance that Tuberville would continue to be as QB friendly as Mike Leach had been, and of course that has NOT been the case.

Of course, nothing's guaranteed, but Scotty Young might be the biggest QB talent LA Tech has ever signed (yes, including Terry Bradshaw. Remember, Bradshaw wasn't even 1st team All District coming out of Woodlawn High School....the Miller kid from Fair Park, who signed with LSU and later died in Vietnam, was 1st team All District that year.) I don't think LA Tech has ever signed a QB who has the stats and raw abilities even close to what Scotty Young had coming out of high school. This kid definitely plays at a different level than what we're used to seeing in Ruston.

HD
    You're right about Miller being ahead of Bradshaw on the all-district and all-city team,but, Miller went to Vanderbilt and was never heard of after that. Trey Prather, who was the QB at Woodlawn before Bradshaw, is the one that went to LSU, dropped out, and was killed in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I agree with you, Scotty Young is a TRULY INCREDIBLY talented QB. His stats in HS were unbelievable. We are extremely fortunate to have him.
    But let's not blaspheme when it comes to Bradshaw. As you are well aware, Bradshaw played when the QB was 'just another offensive back'. QBs today do not play with broken bones, cortizone shots at halftime, and concussions. Bradshaw and Montana are the only QBs on this planet with 4 NFL Super Bowl rings.
    Blaspheme is too strong a word. No blaspheming of Bradshaw by me. I have a world a respect for Terry Bradshaw. And Bradshaw has got to be the greatest ALUMNI of all time. Simply love the guy.

HD

+ Reply to Thread