+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you who visit Caney and swim and ski....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: For those of you who visit Caney and swim and ski....

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    You realize those are probably in every Louisiana lake...
    And East Texas lake as well.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    funny story about that . .. . . i had just got my little one man Water Moccasin that had the trolling motor in it. I put in at the bean field on the Darbonne refuge. got a little ways from i put in near the cut where you can go into Darbonne Bayou. I heard this roar/growl and looked around and the biggest gator i had ever seen was trolling the cut right where you go into the creek. Like any coward would do, i turned the boat and headed straight back to the truck. even pulled the paddle out to help my trolling motor hey, fact is, that Water Mocassin looks a little bit like a gator and if that was a male gator and it was mating season i didnt want to tempt him LOL
    LOL! You made me think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJYxt...eature=related

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I've never seen a gator on D'arbonne. But I know they are there!
    13.5 footer and her baby gator crawled out of D'Arbonne Lake a couple of weeks ago, into the backyard of private residence on Corney Creek Drive, west of Farmerville. LDWF officials killed the mamma and her baby. I'm not sure why they were killed, but I understand they'd become a nuisance in the neighborhood. i wish they'd just tranquilized them and taken them further up the Corney and turned 'em loose.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    13.5 footer and her baby gator crawled out of D'Arbonne Lake a couple of weeks ago, into the backyard of private residence on Corney Creek Drive, west of Farmerville. LDWF officials killed the mamma and her baby. I'm not sure why they were killed, but I understand they'd become a nuisance in the neighborhood. i wish they'd just tranquilized them and taken them further up the Corney and turned 'em loose.
    Choooot em!!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

ok, i watch Billy the Exterminator also anyway, I've seen them catch some that they have to kill. I believe it has to do with the size more than anything that decides which ones to put down and which ones to relocate.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    ok, i watch Billy the Exterminator also anyway, I've seen them catch some that they have to kill. I believe it has to do with the size more than anything that decides which ones to put down and which ones to relocate.
    haha, well I am certainly humble enough to admit I'm ignorant to a lot of things, and this is one of those...it just seems like a waste, if she just found herself in the wrong place defending her baby...I am NO liberal, I promise you.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

There's no shortage of alligators these days. I really with they'd open-up the season a little more. I'm tired of "donating" $5 every year to enter the lottery hunt.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Good grief. Why would alligators being in a lake make you unable to or not want to ski there? There are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of gators in the Ross Barnett Reservoir and Pearl River in the Jackson area, and it is the biggest recreational lake in the state. Especially up on the river, where most people ski, boat, fish, and camp if you shine a light along the bank at night you will see hundreds of little glowing eyes looking back at you. Its pretty neat. Yet, there has never been one instance of a gator attacking a human. Not one. They are just part of the scenery.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmcguirt23 View Post
    LOL at North LAers being scared of gators. They're not sharks you know. Unless you're a piece of chicken hanging on a wire or a turtle sitting on a log, they're not going to strike at you.
    As a South Louisianian, I can confidently say this isn't true although I'd have to say that gators flee more times than not.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Similar story CHou: I was in a pirogue on Clear Lake and a big gator surfaced about 10 feet in front of me. It was BIG! It raised its tail out of the water and arched its back and made a deep rumbling sound. The water actually danced off of its arched back about two feet in the air. I exited the area quickly!
    Come on, brother. He was just wanting a little cuddle time. He was just letting you know he was in the mood.

13.5 footer is an old gator. How big was her baby? I've never experienced a momma gator with only 1 baby that she protected once it was big enough to be on its own. I assume that it was big enough to be own its own because most LDWF agents I've known will release a baby gator. As far as not relocating it, the only reason I could think would have to be for territorial purposes and that they couldn't find a place far enough away that would prevent it from returning. Could also have to do with the fact that the LDWF agents weren't versed in capturing a gator, so it was easier to kill it. Or maybe they just wanted some gator meat and to try to sell the hide. If the smaller gator was a larger gator, I wonder if maybe the 13.5 footer might not have been a male and the other a female getting ready to mate.

I remember as a child of about 6 or 7 years going fishing on Live Oak Plantation just outside of Abbeville. It was my uncle, dad, older brother and myself in two bateaus about 12 ft. and the gators would swim right up alongside the boat. It really freaked me out. When I was older my uncle and I would go crabbing in the marshes by the locks leading out to the Gulf. I lost count of the number of alligator holes I would fall in. I had to chuckle when watching Swamp People the other night when one of them said that the gators stay away from the saltwater. I wanted to tell him, go take a ride in Rockeffeler Refuge and take the canals to the gulf. You'll find out otherwise.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Come on, brother. He was just wanting a little cuddle time. He was just letting you know he was in the mood.
    I'm not talking about your dates at the old SAE house DD.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread