+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who visit Caney and swim and ski....

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

For those of you who visit Caney and swim and ski....

DON'T. This is what they found in the lake today. I won't be swimming there anymore.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: For those of you who visit Caney and swim and ski....

Can a admin change the title from "...and swim and ski" to "...to swim and ski".

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

That's a tiny one...throw him back til he gets big enough to eat!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

You realize those are probably in every Louisiana lake...

Yeah but Caney is a man made lake that people are supposed to be able to ski without worring. They will take a big hit this summer.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

No big deal. I used to fish with a lot of guys on Caney who have caught alligators in that lake. They are in every lake in Louisiana, and a lot of ponds. Dubach pond had one years ago and I guess its still there. Hell, we used to have one living under our boathouse on D'arbonne until we got it removed. Alligators don't bother me that much. I have swam in the Amite river during the day time and at night we would go catch alligators in the same places we were swimming. To me it's the snakes that scare me the most. My biggest fear on a lake is falling into a breeding balls of water moccasins during the mating season. I have heard two stories of this happening on Claiborne. Dwayne, do you know anything about these stories? I think one happened in the last couple of years.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    No big deal. I used to fish with a lot of guys on Caney who have caught alligators in that lake. They are in every lake in Louisiana, and a lot of ponds. Dubach pond had one years ago and I guess its still there. Hell, we used to have one living under our boathouse on D'arbonne until we got it removed. Alligators don't bother me that much. I have swam in the Amite river during the day time and at night we would go catch alligators in the same places we were swimming. To me it's the snakes that scare me the most. My biggest fear on a lake is falling into a breeding balls of water moccasins during the mating season. I have heard two stories of this happening on Claiborne. Dwayne, do you know anything about these stories? I think one happened in the last couple of years.
    Couldn't have happened. The myth of cottonmouths forming breeding balls is just that. Cottonmouths are solitary animals. Although that was a cool scene in Lonesome Dove.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

That's where we head to ski, but it's not going to stop us. I just can't let the wife see that pic.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Kim Mulkey once killed a gator in Caney with her "bear" hands.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Kim Mulkey once killed a gator in Caney with her "bear" hands.
    All threads lead to Kim Mulkey....... If we would have hired her, Caney Lake would be gator free today.

Varsity Bulldog dmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the roughdmcguirt23 is a jewel in the rough

LOL at North LAers being scared of gators. They're not sharks you know. Unless you're a piece of chicken hanging on a wire or a turtle sitting on a log, they're not going to strike at you.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I've never seen a gator on D'arbonne. But I know they are there!

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    Couldn't have happened. The myth of cottonmouths forming breeding balls is just that. Cottonmouths are solitary animals. Although that was a cool scene in Lonesome Dove.
    Guess I took the bait on someone's story then. Glad that isn't true.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I've never seen a gator on D'arbonne. But I know they are there!
    funny story about that . .. . . i had just got my little one man Water Moccasin that had the trolling motor in it. I put in at the bean field on the Darbonne refuge. got a little ways from i put in near the cut where you can go into Darbonne Bayou. I heard this roar/growl and looked around and the biggest gator i had ever seen was trolling the cut right where you go into the creek. Like any coward would do, i turned the boat and headed straight back to the truck. even pulled the paddle out to help my trolling motor hey, fact is, that Water Mocassin looks a little bit like a gator and if that was a male gator and it was mating season i didnt want to tempt him LOL

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Similar story CHou: I was in a pirogue on Clear Lake and a big gator surfaced about 10 feet in front of me. It was BIG! It raised its tail out of the water and arched its back and made a deep rumbling sound. The water actually danced off of its arched back about two feet in the air. I exited the area quickly!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread